Need Help with Ford Garage regarding repair/warranty

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3171 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I have a 4 year old Focus Cabriolet, its very lightly used and only done 17K miles.

6 weeks ago when I put the folding roof back up there was a horrible noise, the mechanism had gone faulty and as a result the roof crunched into itself and the car of that a plastic trim was broke.

I took it to a Dagenham Motors who simply replaced the trim, I asked when the roof was ok and then said theyve taken it off, lubed it up and its fine which to be honest didnt fill me with confidence but I accepted it

2 weeks later and only the 2nd time having the roof down after the repair the mechanism went again and this time theres loads and loads of damages to several panels, scratches on the interior etc, basically it caused a real mess and will cost a small fortune to repair.

I took it back to Dagenham Motors and after a few hours I received a call and they said the bushes in the mechanism were heavilly worn and needed replacing, its out of warranty but they would have a word with ford.

Ford so far have just messed me about, everytime I chase it up they just keep asking me more questions like how many ford cars Ive bought etc etc they said they were looking at it from a goodwill standpoint.

My question is, do I have any come back on dagenham motors for the repair? they should have spotted the heavilly worn bush in the first place when they had the roof off, it only took them 2 hours to find them the next time, I spent £300 for them to replace a plastic trim, they told me it was fine to use and now because it wasnt fixed the faulty mechanism has caused a hell of alot of damage including the trim they replaced?

OR

Have I got any comeback on the sales of good act and that the roof isnt fit for purpose? the car has got 17K miles, I must have had the roof down less than 100 times during that time, also Ive checked the service schedules and there is absolutely no mention of inspection on the roof mechanism so I assume it shouldnt be heavilly worn after a few years.

Many thanks for any help

• 1 month later...

Is it Ford UK themselves you have contacted or the dealer? I can't offer any advice unfortunately, only that when I had an issue with a Ford Orion I had bought, and a dealer trying to get out of a warranty repair, Ford UK headquarters were very helpful, the issue was sorted and dealt with within an hour of complaining, and I couldn't have been happier. Just to add, at the time the car was 8yrs old with 80k, so was older than your car.