ESA Decision. How long to wait ?

Charlie996
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4223 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

on the GL24 put down you do not agree with decision, you can add letter from docs etc.....and you also wish if decision cannot be changed to go for appeal, and you wish to claim esa at assessment rate whilst waiting for tribunal....dont know what iits like in your area..here in s wales it is taking up to a year!!

COULD I ask a favour please ?

I have now spoken to my Doctor..

He was furious that the DWP has taken the decision as above.. BUT not surprised.. He say DWP are now rejecting well over 90% of those attending ATOS assessments and wonders why the decision makers cannot take the word of a senior consultant.......Unless of course the letter or its contents were not passed on from ATOS.....

The favour ??

Can anyone please post a link to the correct forms for disagreeing and appealing the decision ? GL24 ??

I am hopeless with computers and am scared of getting the wrong form and having it rejected .. Calls to DWP are costing me a fortune and I have no land line so a downloadable form or forms would be great..

Thank You all !!

Thank You so much for the link ! debt4get The Doctor immediately wrote a sick line for two months... Date starting today 24/09 2012. So will I loose the benefit between the 17th and the 24th ?

The letter informing me of the decision is dated 17th September so I have until the 17th November ? Is that correct ?

I am obtaining a copy of the Consultants letter to send in with the appeal papers and GL24.

I will have everything together by a week today so the 1st of November will that be OK ?? and I was planning on sending it by recorded delivery..

Thanks again !

When does your last sick note end? As long as there is no gap between the last sick note and the new one you should be ok - if there is a gap you'll need to get another 'fit note' to cover the gap.

You have until 16th October.

Edited by estellyn

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

Had hoped the rate change meant they'd at least put you in the WRAG group, but obviously not . Shocking they don't inform vulnerable peope in advance of stopping payments in some cases.

You're getting great advice from everyone . If you follow it you'll ge throught this and hopefully reverse the decision at appeal. For the life of me will never understand why when your claim is based on mental health problems they ignore that and instead did a physical capability test. Hopefully that will count for something at your appeal or reconsideration.

Sorry. Now I'm confused.. The date on the letter says 17th September. It arrived last Friday. Doctor issued a not fit for work note today...

Is this enough ? Doctor will not write a backdated sick note.. I haven't had a previous sick-note as I was on ESA in the "Support group" up till the 17th September when the decision was made to disallow.

What is a "fit note" ? Is that a not fit for work note ?

And I get confused as to why dad has had 6 re-assessments since late 2009 all stating ZERO points. On each occassion the Tribunal reverse the decison to Support Group, which only lasts for 6 months due to the continual re-assessment. He has had 4 reversals so far from the Tribunals.

His income goes from '£0' for 6 months, then a one off payment through his bank of generally about £2500, then back to £0!!!

What the poster is suffering from is 'normal' for the DWP it seems. To go from the Support Group to fit for work is quite honestly beyond a joke, something with which I can laugh along with you if it wasn't so goddamn serious!

Sorry, you will need a backdated 'fit note', (the new term for sick note, yes, stupid, I know).

Ohh No another visit to the Doctors then ... I feel really bad about asking as it is ....

Just so I get it right.. The letter telling me I had scored no points was dated 17th September.. So do I ask for a note from the 17th ??

Thank You !

Ohh No another visit to the Doctors then ... I feel really bad about asking as it is ....

Just so I get it right.. The letter telling me I had scored no points was dated 17th September.. So do I ask for a note from the 17th ??

Thank You !

Yes, that's right, from the 17th. Explain to the doc that without that gap being covered, you won't receive any payments at all from the 17th onward.

Yes, that's right, from the 17th. Explain to the doc that without that gap being covered, you won't receive any payments at all from the 17th onward.

I have just checked the letter again... God its so confusing !!

They paid me up until Friday the 14th of September.. Letter was sent on the 17th of September..

So Do I ask the Doctor to re write the line from the 14th ??

So sorry im getting in a right state here now.

Will the Doctor be all right backdating a sick note ?

I really am very sorry I am both upset and confused now...

try not to get upset.....if your money has been stopped from the 14th then you need a 'fit note' starting the 15th......i would take the letter to the doctors with you in order to explain...it should not be a problem to get it backdated i have never had a problem from my docs....

even though the letter arrived on the 17th this now means that you have until the 14th october to get in your GL24.....as your money was actually stopped on the 14th...hope that makes sense..if not repost and we will try to advise

Please be aware that the GP will also have had a letter from the DWP telling him/her not to issue anymore sick notes as you have been found fit for work.

Some GP's may argue with you that they are not allowed to give out anymore certificates.

My Doctor was furious with the decision made by the DWP !!

It is causing a heavy workload for the doctors when People have to go in and ask for a sick or fit note ... I feel awful doing it as I am acutely aware there are a waiting room full of people waiting to see the Doctor with perhaps far more important issues !

Doctor says how can the DWP appoint what is a private company do carry out the medicals and then DWP staff who are not medically trained make decisions ? Blind leading the blind ?

If what You are saying is correct then the DWP staff who have no medical training are disagreeing with the Doctors and instructing them that they are wrong ??

PLEASE TELL ME THIS WILL BE ALLRIGHT ?

My wife spoke witha very helpfull Lady at the doctors today and explained the situation with regard to the date in the "fit note"

On the letter from DWP is says You will not be paid from the 14th of September so they decided on the new note to date it from the 14th ???????????????????????

I did ask my Wife to have it dated from the 15 as suggested above but now it may be a day earlier then suggested but at least there is no gap like before ??

This whole thing is worrying the hell out of me it really is.. Sorry to go on but it honestly is causing worry and sleepless nights !!

Thanks ..

PLEASE TELL ME THIS WILL BE ALLRIGHT ?

My wife spoke witha very helpfull Lady at the doctors today and explained the situation with regard to the date in the "fit note"

On the letter from DWP is says You will not be paid from the 14th of September so they decided on the new note to date it from the 14th ???????????????????????

I did ask my Wife to have it dated from the 15 as suggested above but now it may be a day earlier then suggested but at least there is no gap like before ??

This whole thing is worrying the hell out of me it really is.. Sorry to go on but it honestly is causing worry and sleepless nights !!

Thanks ..

Don't worry, an earlier dated fit note is fine - no problem at all, just as long as the gap is covered, thats what is important.