Parkrite North East

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4243 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello! Everyone! I saw many threads about several parking companies but nothing on Parkrite. I live in a block of apartments that is also connected to a block of offices and a gym. Although the lower level spaces are free for us(the residents) to use, the upper level office spaces are for permit holders only and only one space free for the gym! I parked upstairs as there was a traffic jam to get through to the lower level without thinking twice about it. In the morning when I went to go to work I found a ticket on my windscreen.On this ticket it says PARKING CHARGE NOTICE. It claims I must pay 100 pounds but if payment is received in the first 14 days it will be reduced to 50. I called the office in the morning stating that I am a resident(did not tell them which flat) and a member of the gym and that I was no obstructing anyone's parking as it was empty and I left early in the morning when the offices were not even open yet! I said I did not realise that that in the same block of parking spaces some are free to be used and some not!They said there is nothing they can do as I was wrongfully parked. Should I bother communicating any more or pay or should I just ignore?

THANK YOU!

Thank you to both of you! Your quick responses are very much appreciated! I will ignore from now on! Just one last thing in the case of "if" they were to ever take it to court...is it right to think that their expenses caused by me are ZERO since it is not a park and pay facility but just a permit holder area?Therefore I wouldn't owe them anything?

That is true, but they wouldn't necessarily be claiming on the basis of recouping their costs. They might, as some have, try and claim on the basis that you agreed to pay a penalty when you parked there. They are on very thin ground either way.

I wouldn't consider it as a realistic prospect. Overwhelmingly more likely you will get the usual sequence of oh-so-scary letters, then they will give up and leave you alone.