steve1987

Help With Jobseekers

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2592 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

hi

i went to get my money today and it wasnt in ,i rang up and they said that they cannot pay me until i put in a claim as a couple even though me and the person i live with are not in a relationship

they came out to see us in the house we rent out 2 months ago , and i had a letter saying that they think we are in a relationship i sent off an appeal letter and until today was being paid , ive just come off the phone and they told me that if i want money i have to put in a claim for a couple

i told them that to me that is fraud , but all i was told was i can either go on hardship pay until the appeal goes to tribunal and wait for the decision or put in a claim for a couple

what should i do , i got the landlady calling for top up rent and need money for electric and gas

i cant believe that the jobseeker people can say "your in a relationship" i am but its NOT the person i live with , its caused huge arguements between me and my girlfriend i dont know what to do

thanks in advance

im debating wether to just put the claim in for a couple but been told that even our housing benefit will be reduced

im debating wether to just put the claim in for a couple but been told that even our housing benefit will be reduced

Why would your housemate agree to a couple claim?

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

Why do you not have a joint claim with your girlfriend? As you two are a couple.

My Girlfriend isn't living with me. I'm living with a friend we have been friends since we were young but the job centre are assuming me and my friend are in the relationship.