style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4169 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there, sorry to sound like a broken record and i have had a look through some Opos/Mini Credit threads on here, but i need some tailored advice.

My account has already been passed through to Opos. I contested charges with Mini Credit, but of course they refused to waiver the charges. Opos emailed me yesterday to get in touch with them to start the process.

Firstly, before i call them, are they known to be rude/not very understanding? i ask because i need to prepare myself to deal with them as I'm not very strong-willed/minded when it comes to such things which will make it easier for them to screw me over, and i fear that i will just pay back what they ask instead of standing my ground- which i know i should do.

Also how would i go about bringing the figure down, and paying just what i owe, as opposed to the charges they've added (yes i know if i paid on time i wouldnt have to pay those charges, it is my own fault, but it would really help if i could minimise it)

this is the information Mini Credit sent me:

We are able to accept the amount of £1064 as a full and final settlement repayable under a payment plan through our debt recovery partner. The settlement balance consists of the original repayment amount £400, interest of £584 and the overdue penalties of £80. The contractual interest rate is 1% of the principal per day from the date of issuing until default date the 120th day overdue. The first overdue penalty of £25 was added on the 3rd of June 2012 and the second overdue penalty of £55 was added on the 5th of June 2012. The above described overdue charges and interest is in accordance with the Loan Agreement.

What of that can I ask to be taken off the settlement plan? and how would i go about this? Am i allowed to tell Opos to bring the figure down?

and if i cant pay back the reduced amount in full there and then, does anyone know if i'll still be allowed a payment plan at the reduced amount?

*headache*

I think that will be all for now, would really appreciate the advice guys. cheers

*edit* also can anyone give me any jargon i can blurt out so when i call them it sounds like i know what i'm on about please

Edited by shepster

Do NOT call them under any circumstances. They are well known for intimidating, abusive and threatening behaviour. Only send letters by recorded delivery or free proof of posting, or by email.

Can i ask how much your original loan plus interest was, plus dates you took it out?

Almost all their charges and interest are unlawful and indeed bogus.

You also want a full and complete breakdown of the debt before you consider paying them anything at all.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

So I should email/ send recorded delivery asking for a complete breakdown? are they likely to respond because Mini Credit Never did, even when i mailed by recorded delivery.

Here's the info i got from Mini Credit

We are able to accept the amount of £1064 as a full and final settlement repayable under a payment plan through our debt recovery partner. The settlement balance consists of the original repayment amount £400, interest of £584 and the overdue penalties of £80. The contractual interest rate is 1% of the principal per day from the date of issuing until default date the 120th day overdue. The first overdue penalty of £25 was added on the 3rd of June 2012 and the second overdue penalty of £55 was added on the 5th of June 2012. The above described overdue charges and interest is in accordance with the Loan Agreement

original loan was £400: "Microcredit Ltd received the loan application for £400 on the 7th of May 2012. The due date was chosen to be on the 2nd of June 2012"

The amount i was meant to repay, a believe was £520 on the 2nd june

I have print screens of the following information too if that would help:

By the 7th June it was upto £672

13June £718

20 June £806

27 June £889

28 June £908

the outstanding balance that Opos have contacted me with now is £1064

Yep. Dont even think of paying even 1 pence until a full breakdown is aquired. Im betting that youll see multiple £10 late payment penalty fees, possibly a £150 Opos fee, and if they pass it on again, it will rise to £200+. These are all unfair and reclaimable.

As for your last post, you only owe the original loan plus interest, they are trying to bully and threaten you into paying unfair charges and interest in an attempt to unjustly enrich themselves, bordering on the criminal charge of obtaining money by deception. (Although they dont cross that criminal line.... yet).

They know that should it go to court, if you turn up and defend yourself with a good defence, theyve got no chance of convincing a judge that the debt doubled in size in 10 weeks.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

So once i get the breakdown I can tell them to take off the extra charges? Ill write to them as soon as possible, and update this thread when i get a response. Thanks very much for the advice

Get the breakdown and we'll go from there. I wrote up a good letter to them a while back for another poster, quoting certain regulations and law, which Opos/Minicredit had no choice but to back down to and agree to the repayment of the original amount and to the debtors repayment terms ( although we did negotiate and add a 3 month re-evaluation clause to the agreement).

This is mainly because we laid out concrete facts as well as traceable history of the debt, and also told them that we would use all this in a court case. the debtor signed it as a declaration of fact, so Opos had no choice but to comply as they knew he was serious.

That gives me great confidence Renegadeimp. I have emailed:

To Opos Limited,

I am writing to request to see a full breakdown of the amount due before I begin to make payments. Please get this to me as soon as possible.

thank you

*name*

Obviously including all relevant reference to my account

will send a letter via recorded delivery tomorrow :-)

Edited by shepster

Word it similar to this:

Account number :
xxxxx

Dear Sir/Madam

I write in regards to your latest correspondance to me dated
xx/xx/xxxx
, the contents of which have been noted.

In order for me to continue corresponding with you in regards to the above account, i now require a full and complete breakdown of the debt, including what each amount you have added has been used for.

I require this information to be sent to me within 7 days of receipt of this
letter/email.

Should you fail to provide me with this breakdown, i will have no choice but to place this account into dispute and will no longer enter into any correspondance until my request is fulfilled.

Sincerely

xxxxx dont sign your name, just print it.

Everything in red can be edited to suit.

Send it using royal mail, using recorded delivery, or by email and request a read receipt. Also make sure to CC it to yourself or another email address, so you have traceable evidence of communication.

• 1 month later...

Hey, they still haven't sent me a break down, but they have sent a settlement offer via post... which is obviously unfeasible to pay within the fourteen days, i still haven't responded- and the settlement offer date has passed. Is it worth sending another letter asking for the breakdown, or should i just leave it at that?

• 2 weeks later...
Word it similar to this:

Account number :
xxxxx

Dear Sir/Madam

I write in regards to your latest correspondance to me dated
xx/xx/xxxx
, the contents of which have been noted.

In order for me to continue corresponding with you in regards to the above account, i now require a full and complete breakdown of the debt, including what each amount you have added has been used for.

I require this information to be sent to me within 7 days of receipt of this
letter/email.

Should you fail to provide me with this breakdown, i will have no choice but to place this account into dispute and will no longer enter into any correspondance until my request is fulfilled.

Sincerely

xxxxx dont sign your name, just print it.

Everything in red can be edited to suit.

Send it using royal mail, using recorded delivery, or by email and request a read receipt. Also make sure to CC it to yourself or another email address, so you have traceable evidence of communication.

Just had a letter from DRS (Debt recovery services):

FINAL NOTICE OF INTENT

"We have been advised by Opos Limited that you have refused to make payment or agree a suitable repayment plan on your account

despite them being unaware of any reason you may have for avoiding this matter.

We are therefore left with no alternative but to consider your account for recovery of the outstanding balance through your local County/Sheriff Court.

Court fees and Solicitors costs will be added to the balance for which you are liable, plus statutory interest,

which will accrue at a rate of 8% P.A above base

whereby the following action will be considered upon receipt of judgement/decree:-

Arrestment/attachment of your earning at your place of employment

securing monies owed via an inhibition charge order against your property

We trust that you will now give this matter full attention and remit to ourselves the full balance outstanding within 7 days receipt.

Unfortunately should you choose to ignore this document then proceedings, if instigated, will be done so without further notice.

We recommend that you take this opportunity to resolve this issue

Should you wish to discuss this matter further you must contact within 7days receipt on #"

scare tactic or legitimate? :|

please advise :???:

unless they own the debt

they can threaten all they like!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

can you scan that letter up please

scan the required letters/agreements/sheets - as a picture[jpg] file

don't forget you can use a mobile phone or a digital camera too!!

'

BUT......

ENSURE: remove all pers info inc. barcodes etc using paint program

but leave all figures and dates. {DO NOT USE A BIRO OR PEN]

convert existing PC files to PDF [office has an installable print to PDF option]

goto one of the many free online pdf converter websites [http://docupub.com/pdfconvert/]

it would be better to upload a multipage pdf if

you have many images too rather than many single pdfs

or if you have PDF as an installed printer drive use that

or use word and save as pdf

try and logically name your file so people know what it is.

i'e Default notice dd-mm-yyyy

open a new msg box here

hit go advanced below the msg box

hit manage attachments below that box

hit the add files button on the top right

hit select files, navigate to your file on your pc

hit upload files

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

clever threat -o-gram

like their pretty logo too

made to look like they are bailffs/court appointed.

it is the next bloke at hte next desk in a diff skirt

http://directory.thesun.co.uk/13531142

dx

and they

• 2 weeks later...

Super Daz, I might just do that, I just want to get it sorted out at a reasonable fee and they're not cooperating very well, granted it was my own fault to begin with but it should have been dealt with by now, im still waiting on the complete breakdown.

yh when you ignored them did they contact you ever since ?

They've contacted via email, nothin vicious though, just "how to pay" emails. Nothings happened since I received that letter really.