Car damaged by protruding bollard on pavement

Abz79
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4243 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I was doing a left-turn onto a road when all of a sudden I heard this loud bang and scraping noise on the botom left side of my car.

I stopped the car a few metres in front of a restaurant and got out of my car to check what happend.

I noticed the bottom part of my left front door was dented and the left side bumper damaged.

I looked back at the pavement and I saw there was a small uprooted bollard which was protruding from the pavement and was the actual cause of the damage.

Apparently the bollard was not sitting properly on the pavement and was protruding onto the road and could not be visually identified at the time of the turn and that is what has caused the damage.

I understand the Borough or the Local Council has a part in ensuring that all bollards are safe and properly maintained but how do I go about contacting them.

Do I march down to the Local Town Hall, see Citizens Advice Bureaux or contact a No Win No Fee company to pursue claim for damages.

The cost of repairing the damages is approximately £700. Also the owner of the restaurant has also told me that this has happend to a dozen other motorists.

I appreciate any advice and thank you for readng this.

Edited by Abz79

so you drove up on a pavement and got your car damaged?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Take lots of pictures of the bollard from all angles and all distances.

Take pictures of the damage to your car. Get full written estimates - competing estimates and keep maximum paperwork. Do everything i writing to get a full papertrail.

You need a statement from the restauranteur which makes it clear that the bollard has been in this state for XX months, that to his knowledge at least XX other motorists have had their car damaged in a similar way.

If you are able to locate other motorists, so much the better.

I would send an FOI request to the council to discover anything they have about the bollard - are they aware of the damage, when was it reported, any complaints or claims from other motorists.

Once I had all that done, I owl dbegin a claim against the council and if they didn't cough up PDQ, I owuld move it to the LA Ombudsman for added pressure.

Hi,

I was doing a left-turn onto a road when all of a sudden I heard this loud bang and scraping noise on the botom left side of my car.

I stopped the car a few metres in front of a restaurant and got out of my car to check what happend.

I noticed the bottom part of my left front door was dented and the left side bumper damaged.

I looked back at the pavement and I saw there was a small uprooted bollard which was protruding from the pavement and was the actual cause of the damage.

Apparently the bollard was not sitting properly on the pavement and was protruding onto the road and could not be visually identified at the time of the turn and that is what has caused the damage.

I understand the Borough or the Local Council has a part in ensuring that all bollards are safe and properly maintained but how do I go about contacting them.

Do I march down to the Local Town Hall, see Citizens Advice Bureaux or contact a No Win No Fee company to pursue claim for damages.

The cost of repairing the damages is approximately £700. Also the owner of the restaurant has also told me that this has happend to a dozen other motorists.

I appreciate any advice and thank you for readng this.

Hi,

Take photos of the defect and send them to the Council with a quote for repairs. Send it to the head office address.

You will have to go it alone as no solicitor will touch it on a 'no win no fee' agreement.