Definition of Landlord entering property without permission?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4237 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well our wonderful landlord has decided to have scaffolding put up on the front of the property without bothering to notify anyone. The scaffolding is well over the property line here. Now landlords and their agents are not allowed to enter property without permission... does this include the boundary line? Ie... could a landlord sit around in your front garden without permission or does he only need permission to enter the actual abode?

Well our wonderful landlord has decided to have scaffolding put up on the front of the property without bothering to notify anyone. The scaffolding is well over the property line here. Now landlords and their agents are not allowed to enter property without permission... does this include the boundary line? Ie... could a landlord sit around in your front garden without permission or does he only need permission to enter the actual abode?

So the scaffolding outside ? is it for re-tiling the roof,repairs to the outside of the house/flat so on you cant stop LL.

Something to do with Your previous thread http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?362576-Problems-with-Landlord&p=3953021&viewfull=1#post3953021 maybe !

But I do agree it would have been nice for LL to tell you in advance....

Edited by 45002

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

Scaffolding has already been up on one side of the building for literally months - five and counting and no work done. I asked the builders when work was scheduled and they said there was none but that the outside would eventually be painted!

The LL is aware we are moving on the 14th and today we have scaffolding put up outside that partially blocks access to the front of the building and stops us from moving out furniture. There was no notification or anything, the first thing I knew was when I walked into my kitchen naked and saw a builder staring back at me.

We have no intention of stopping the landlord, simply wondering if this is gaining entry to the property without permission.

It blocks access though, wheelie bins are actually trapped by scaffolding now, and parking is blocked too.

Scaffolding has already been up on one side of the building for literally months - five and counting and no work done. I asked the builders when work was scheduled and they said there was none but that the outside would eventually be painted!

The LL is aware we are moving on the 14th and today we have scaffolding put up outside that partially blocks access to the front of the building and stops us from moving out furniture. There was no notification or anything, the first thing I knew was when I walked into my kitchen naked and saw a builder staring back at me.

We have no intention of stopping the landlord, simply wondering if this is gaining entry to the property without permission.

It blocks access though, wheelie bins are actually trapped by scaffolding now, and parking is blocked too.

I'm sure your find a way out,Good luck...

Edited by 45002

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

It gets worse. I came downstairs this morning and found the front door open and the builders had plugged their tools into the power sockets and were drawing power to carry out work! I immediately unplugged their tools, shut the door, and called the police to report someone had entered the property without permission and I feared if they did not attend there would be a breach of the peace. The police have attended, spoken to me, taken notes, and the builders are now gone insisting it's all the fault of the landlord.

Edited by schweppes31

I also had someone from the council come round yesterday to take a statement about the noise the previous day... today the work started at 7am... banging on the bedroom window. I work nights right now. I have reported them to the council again about this - the council say the time to work is 8pm till 6pm. Apparently the builders have to move the scaffolding too as it blocks the entrance, not just any entrance but the main fire exit!

Putting things to the landlord in writing won't help with the fact we are moving on the 14th. He has a minimum of 14 days to respond to a letter before claim.

at least things are moving on the scaffolding front!

I belive if you dont wont any work done at this time, tell them to leave, you are renting the whole property not just the house, then you could call the police and get the workmen to leave the property as they do not have your permission to be there and you have not had any arrangement with the LL.

The police should tell them to leave as there would be a potential for a breach of the peace.

Depends on how upset or how far you want to take it.

I don't mind them doing work to the outside of the house, I don't mind scaffolding, I do mind that we weren't asked, that the scaffolding blocks the entrance, work beyond the allowed hours, that they entered the flat without permission and then started using *our* electricity. The amazing thing is the justification is the landlord told them to. Police will be speaking to the landlord... the builders were under the impression that they had permission to enter. Seems the landlord likes porkies.