Rbs Cancelled my debit card & not sent replacement

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3092 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I went to withdraw money from cash machine last Monday and discovered my card had been cancelled. I rang my branch to ask why and was told I should have received a replacement due to santander taking over Rbs.

I told them I had not received a replacement and she put an order in for a new card, and told me it would take upto 5 days to come through. I phoned again today when it did not come in todays post to be told it had been sent out and I should have received it. They have now ordered yet another card & I have to wait another 5 days for this one.

I told her I needed money & couldn't get to the bank before they close so could they issue me with a pin number to withdraw money from cash machine, She told me as my card is cancelled there is no way of doing this.

When I said I was puting in a complaint she asked if I would like the manager to call me (this was at 3pm). I am now waiting for a telephone call from the branch manager which isn't looking likely as they close at 4.30.

How am I expected to get money if I cant get there before it closes? I am furious with them.

x Roz x

Ended up calling RBS back & spoke to manager. According to her Rbs do not have an address on my account (Sry but WTF) so they wont send any news cards to me. Think she may have slipped up a bit with her explanation

1) For security reasons they wont send cards to My Address, but all other post from them is fine? How is that possible if they don't have an address on my account?

2) If there was an issue with my address, why was I not told about this when I called about my cancelled card?

3) How can they possibly send statements about my address-less account?

I have been receiving monthly statements, but according to the manager that is a completely different department.

I am totally confused or could it be that I am just completely stupid?

x Roz X