• Tweets

• Thanks very much Bank. I have topped and tailed my LOC and printed off a copy which I shall post tomorrow by First Class post at my local post office and also obtain a proof of postage. I'll also email them a copy. I've opened a MoneyClaim account, and shall now begin work on my draft Particulars of Claim which I shall post here for your thoughts. And I shan't be using the Moderation service.
    • Yes, it struck me this morning that I'd got it wrong    - no involvement of UKPPO in any previous Tesco thread    - there would have been an entrance sign to a Tesco car park    - CCTV isn't something associated with Tesco car parks. Presumably whoever runs the car park has put CCTV at the electric, and probably BB, areas, done absolutely nothing to stop abuse, and then rubs their hands in glee every time the CCTV catches a motorist out. You can pay £60 and this will go away. Or you can defy UKPPO and rely on their non-respect of POFA, consideration period, etc., should they be daft enough to do court later down the line.  We would support you all the way.
    • thats not the way to do it sorry. sorry so what is your problem? that vanquis paid the £560 or that they are now chasing it? how old is this debt? dx  
    • If you visited Qatar you could be detained at the border, if the debt has been notified.  If you are only in transit and do not seek to cross border into Qatar you might be ok, but you may want to seek formal advice about this.
    • Howdy, I had a short lived credit card with Vanquis that I did not need. I paid it off in full and called them and closed it with the person at the other end. 2 months later they started sending me messages about late payments, I called them and to find out that the card had not been closed in error and 6 weeks after it should have been closed they paid a google debit of £560. I hit the roof and made a formal complaint that took them well over a month to respond to. They agreed they were at fault, refunded all late payments fees and offered me £100 in compensation. However they said the debit amount stood as 'I had benefit from it' and I should get a refund from google. I hit the roof again but they have stuck to their guns. The debit from google is a genuine one but I wanted to dispute it with google so closed the card so they would have to engage with me. But surely that's neither here nor there surely? What is the next step? Ombudsman takes forever doesn't it?  thanks in advance
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Working out how much to pay CSA

somethingelseplease
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4096 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I would think,if I was her,that any allegations came from you,and I would ask the benefit investigators to then investigate how you obtained sensitive information,and they will.They can't tell her who made the complaint ,but it won't be rocket science to work out it was you,then your friend (who,by the way, has proved to be untrustworthy and i hope gets caught anyway,if he/she is prepared to break the law for you,who elses accounts is he/she surveying?)

You say it doesn't bother you,,then say you could use the extra money,,sort of throws you off the moral high ground. IMHO

Lillibelle

I only know what I know cos I know it,I only give advice,I'm not legally trained nor do I pretend to be.

I suddenly have this desperate urge to close my bank account and invest in a wall safe. I really wish I hadn't read this post, in fact.

She is claiming £400 in housing benefit and is also claiming working tax credit ...even though there is no wage coming into her account. He is stated at the same address as her on the banks details and owns a business himself but only takes between £5-800 wage but does do a bit of dipping now and again into the account to obviously not make it look like he's getting more than he should

My question is, if the DWP / CSA knew all this fraud was going on would my payments decrease

or would they stay the same? I'm not bothered but just a bit of knowledge

Anyway, a couple of points that might be relevant to your situation:

1. What is the average rent in the area she's living in? It's completely possible to be working/self employed and still claim housing benefit for a portion of your rent if you're on a low income. £400 a month for a 2 bed property seems very low to me, and to be honest it wouldn't surprise me if she is claiming HB due to being on a low income.

2. Could they be claiming WTC as a couple, based on his income but paid into her bank account? When I was working and my partner unemployed, I had the WTC paid into his account so he had money to get to interviews etc. and we lived off my wage.

It sounds to me like they're claiming all of this based on his self-employed/low wage status, and I've reached that conclusion because you say he's "only" taking a wage of £5-800...as you say "only" I'm assuming this is monthly, as if he was being paid weekly that would be an extremely good wage indeed, and there would be no "only" about it.

"Then they came for me--and there was no one left to speak for me". Martin Niemöller

"A vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a half-brick in the path of the bicycle of history". - Terry Pratchett

If I've been helpful, please click my star. :oops:

Surely though you can't be claiming HB if your both working ? If you can, is certainly wont be at that high payment

I would say the place is probably about £6-700 a month where they stay

Just looked in the paper and would you believe it, they have just for married

Surely though you can't be claiming HB if your both working ? If you can, is certainly wont be at that high payment

I would say the place is probably about £6-700 a month where they stay

Just looked in the paper and would you believe it, they have just for married

It's not relevant if both partners are working - it's the level of income, as HB is means tested. You've said yourself that she has no wage coming into her account, and if the £5-800 is a monthly wage that her husband is bringing in is correct, then it's not out of the realms of possibility that they could be receiving that much HB. It depends on what their local housing allowance rate is.

"Then they came for me--and there was no one left to speak for me". Martin Niemöller

"A vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a half-brick in the path of the bicycle of history". - Terry Pratchett

• 1 month later...

i know this is a dead thread, but.... £5-800 - this is 5,800 a month?

i work a 40 hour week, and take home about 220 a week... thats less than a grand a month... LHA rates here are quite high - £150 a week for a 2 bed. I get just a bit a week HB (two kids) and no CTB. no where near 400...

i would shop them...

even if my wife and i both worked 40 hr weeks i doubt we would see 5800 a month...

btw: hb takes into account CTC/WTC / childcare costs ETC... r u sure that ex isnt supplying nursery fees to hb people, despite WTC paying up to 80% of them?...

depends on the system...

CS1 - is based on both PWC and NRP household incomes / needs

CS2 - is a straight 15% of total income (including tax credits - which replace income support for child element - despite income support being a relevant benefit)

CS3 (not in place yet) will be a precent of gross income (BEFORE TAX) (12% for 1 child, [and i believe 16% for 2 kids not sure about the 3 or more one off top of my head) for wages below 800, then the precentages drop for 801 + wages (something like 9% for one kid...)

so if you earn 900, you pay 12% of 800, and 9% of 100 ...

theres a lot of reading im looking at... but its all confusing the the CSA reword their "legislation" as they see fit to give NRP's a rough time...

(dont get me wrong, i agree with supporting kids etc, but child support is more than giving EX cash to go out on the **** with)

No, it's not £5,800 a month, it's between £500 and £800 a month.

I've just been through the benefits calculator on entitledto.co.uk using a presumed monthly income of £500, with two adults and one child, using the LHA for Southampton. Housing benefit was calculated at £127.64 per week so it's entirely possible that his ex-partner is doing absolutely nothing wrong.

I try not to to be judgemental of anyone who posts on here, but I truly hope this entire thread is a wind up. The OP came on here asking for advice based on the fact he had illegally accessed his ex's (and her partners!) bank accounts. He'd made gross assumptions about her financial affairs and asked about reporting her not because he thought what she was doing was wrong, but because he wanted to know if it would 'lower his payments, or if they'd stay the same' - payments which he'd only started making after a 'good few years'.

Edited by LaughingGirl
Further information

Haha! Sorry but the part about the CSA money being paid so the ex partner can go out on the **** made me laugh. I wish! I get £52 per week CSA and once I've paid the gas and electric (pre payment metres), the water, done the food shop etc I have very little left from all my benefits not just the CSA. Certainly not enough to go out on the **** with, barely enough to buy a bottle of wine

Edited to say its not that I want to go out drinking every week but once in a while it would be nice ;)

but that 52 quid a week is on top of the state benefits, housing benefit and so on too... BTW: maybe i didnt make it clear with what i said, but some PWC's do make a point of not spending the cash on the kids and go out drinking every week. leaving kids with family/friends ETC

thats seems more realistic then for hb payments...

bear in mind that it depends on the scheme the case is on though, he could well be on the CS1 scheme, "we" dont know and if so the new husband could infact INCREASE payments in that case... (sick i know)

CS2 payments onlyget effected by more kids beng added

bear in mind you can shop anybody for benefit fraud, and only have to give vague info. they investigate. when i first got with my wife somebody shopped me for fraud but nothing came from it because i was straight as a die... but i knew who did it and returned the favour... they lost their benefits for months whilst investigations conducted and in the end had a backpayment...

i was happy to tell them it was a returned favour though...

Hi folks

Ok I am now starting to make payments to the Child Support Agency (quite a bit) and really don't mind as long as the kid is getting something even though she will not allow me to see her. This was not my fault as the mother had lost the plot before I left her a good few years ago.

Thing is I know someone who works in a bank who my ex banks with (and her partner) - I know this breaks all kinds of rules but I just had to know and she will never find out. [/b]

She is claiming £400 in housing benefit and is also claiming working tax credit ...even though there is no wage coming into her account. He is stated at the same address as her on the banks details and owns a business himself but only takes between £5-800 wage but does do a bit of dipping now and again into the account to obviously not make it look like he's getting more than he should

How do you know she's not got another account elsewhere and he doesn't pay her a wage? You can only speak for that one account. I have 3 in 3 different banks. Taking a 'wage' whatever it is, is perfectly legal so long as wage slips are shown to HB. He's not breaking the law or defrauding anyone if he can buy things through his company, so long as his receipts are available for an audit etc

My question is, if the DWP / CSA knew all this fraud was going on would my payments decrease

or would they stay the same? I'm not bothered but just a bit of knowledge

If you're on the new system they'd stay the same. Its based on YOUR income, not hers.

What sort of position am I in?

would an anonymous letter with all copies of their engagement (proof was in the paper) details help when sent to DWP, I also have proof of his name on paper and his business name etc

Being engaged is perfectly legitimate. You only have to tell the Benefits Agency of marriage.

I just know that she doesn't need these payments from me as she is obviously living brilliantly just now, I on the other hand could do with that money as I'm finding it very hard to survive

thanks for any help

Whether she is nicked for benefit fraud or not you'll pay the same. I reiterate, under the newer rules it's based on YOUR wage and her income is irrelevant. Sadly for you, regardless of who pays YOU are responsible for your own children, and so you should be! If you have her nicked though, ask yourself how your child(ren) will pay? Since a custodial sentence and loss of residence of said child(ren) is unlikely. Its their standard of living you are looking to ruin.

If she's getting working tax credits it would seem she's claiming on his wages, which is perfectly legitimate.

If they're engaged and not living together then she's still entitled to a single womens benefits

Not seeing the problem.

To answer you initial question ....... "would my payments reduce, if the CSA knew she was claiming fraudulantly."?

In a word .......... No!!

You are liable to 15% of your salary, less incrimentals, for your childs welfare, and upbringing.

However, as a good citizen, and income tax payer. you may wish to use one of those anon helplines

the benefits people have for us!

You ex's actions, reactions, and lifestyle . Have no baring, on your responsibility to pay .... unfortunatley!

However, as a good citizen, and income tax payer. you may wish to use one of those anon helplines

the benefits people have for us!

You ex's actions, reactions, and lifestyle . Have no baring, on your responsibility to pay .... unfortunatley!

I don't think it's likely it's fraudulent. They're married and probably claiming on his wage. Perfectly legitimate

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys, I have 2 children

Ok I'm paying what I am due to the CSA now, but I do not get to see my other child and that was no fault of my own.

Could the CSA lower the amount I'm paying if they knew I had a child who lives with me now and with a different relationship ?

I can't see where I work it out on the calculator

thanks

It depends on when your case was opened. Before a certain date your partners child would not be taken into account. My case was set up in 2011 and my ex husbands new partners children have meant my payments have dropped