No marked bays so why a fine

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4236 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

After a day out my wife and I returned to our car to find a £70 parking ticket issued by the council.

When we arrived at the car park it was quite busy so we pulled up outside on the road opposite the car park along with dozens of other cars. My wife spotted a parking warden in the council car park and went to ask her if we were ok parking on the roadside, we were told that due to the double white line in the middle of the road no cars should park on the roadside and the police would ticket any car it found there. I spotted a space in the council car park so I pulled over the road and parked there instead in full view of the watching parking warden.

The parking fine was issued because we didn't park in a marked bay, by the same parking warden my wife had spoken to and had watched me pull into the council car park, she had waited 10 mins until after we purchased our ticket and left the car park for our day out.

The car park itself is a gravel car park, with absolutely no markings on the ground to indicate bays, no markings on wall or fences to indicate bays, or lack of bays. We had parked nose to the fence, not blocking vehicle access, pedestrian access or any other kind of access.

Can they enforce not parking in marked bay when there are no markings or signs to indicate bays or non parking areas? What defines a marked bay?

The fact the parking warden watched us park there having already asked her if we could park on the roadside and taken her advice that we risked a ticket just makes me even more angry!

Thanks

After a day out my wife and I returned to our car to find a £70 parking ticket issued by the council.

When we arrived at the car park it was quite busy so we pulled up outside on the road opposite the car park along with dozens of other cars. My wife spotted a parking warden in the council car park and went to ask her if we were ok parking on the roadside, we were told that due to the double white line in the middle of the road no cars should park on the roadside and the police would ticket any car it found there. I spotted a space in the council car park so I pulled over the road and parked there instead in full view of the watching parking warden.

The parking fine was issued because we didn't park in a marked bay, by the same parking warden my wife had spoken to and had watched me pull into the council car park, she had waited 10 mins until after we purchased our ticket and left the car park for our day out.

The car park itself is a gravel car park, with absolutely no markings on the ground to indicate bays, no markings on wall or fences to indicate bays, or lack of bays. We had parked nose to the fence, not blocking vehicle access, pedestrian access or any other kind of access.

Can they enforce not parking in marked bay when there are no markings or signs to indicate bays or non parking areas? What defines a marked bay?

The fact the parking warden watched us park there having already asked her if we could park on the roadside and taken her advice that we risked a ticket just makes me even more angry!

Thanks

Did you get photos showing the lack of markings.

PUTTING IT IN WRITING & KEEPING COPIES IS A MUST FOR SUCCESS

Deffo appeal contravention did not occur due to the non-existent of marked bays. Include a copy of your photo.

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek face to face professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

Deffo appeal contravention did not occur due to the non-existent of marked bays. Include a copy of your photo.

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek face to face professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

Technically it did occur because he wasn't in a marked bay, the fact that there are no bays is another matter.