No admin fee back and holding deposit

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3548 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi,

i gave 190 pound as admin fee and 250 refundable holding depposit to estate agent.

Now after All is well. the landroad refused and the agnet will not give me my money back. :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x

that is 190 + 250 which he should of given back automatically.

thanks please help me get my money back .:-x

Whilst I agree that from your brief description, it sounds as if you shouldget back at least your deposit, and possibly admin fees (depending on what you agreed), getting it back quickly may not be easy.

Your course of action is to write them a letter telling them that you want your money back within 7 days or you'll take legal action, and then 7 days later commence a court claim (after all, that's what the courts are for).

I would, however, see if you can contact your local 'trading standards' first to see if they can 'encourage' the agency to cough up without the hassle of a court claim. If the agency are a member of a trade association like ARLA, they may be able to help too.

It is unclear from #3 who failed to sign the AST, T or LL? Did AST state higher rent than verbally agreed, so T did not sign,or did it state agreed rent which LL wanted to raise, so LL refused to sign?

Both admin fee & holding deposit are a seperate contractual matters between T & LA.

What did the admin fee include & what work had beem completed?

A holding deposit is just that, payment of amount equiv to % of expected rent for stated reserved period (say 25%) to reserve (take option on) property. It does indicate Contract to supply/occupy does exist.

Normally reservation fee is non-refundable if prosp T withdraws, fully refundable if LL withdraws from AST before signing. The problem is caused by calling it a 'deposit' ie Ts money.when in fact it is payment for a Service. If service is not provided by other Party, then aggrieved Party sd entitled to Contractual payment. I agree LLs should not retaiin holdiing deposits to fill rent voids, but prosp Ts are then subject to market foreces if no holding deposit paid

thank. the admin fee was for referencing only and the holding deposit receipt states is refundable . i dont really understand this clearly. the landlord and agnet tell me all is good and then change there mind.(greedy B***) . what can i do to get my money back.

the agnet ignores me for two weeks after the refusal me and landlord refused to even talk to me?