Various DCA's & VERY old Barclaycard Debt Help Required

starblackie
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3181 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Small Update & Big Thanks

Barclays

Received cheque for £500 PPI claim. Of course I have no way of knowing if this is fair or not but very grateful to get something.

I also went through the data and in different parts states "for deletion" giving various months in 2013.

I then decided to email Anthony Jenkins CEO, email was passed along and I have had long conversation with someone who is going to find out what she can and get back to by the 7th Oct.

Santander

Bank statements received going back to 2001. This I am assured is all they hold on me. Going through these statements I have

Admin charges - various amounts

Interest charges without ref - various amounts

Unauthorised OD charges - £37.50

Daily OD charges

Am I able to reclaim any of these charges?

Lewis

FOS is taking this up in their banking & Credit department. Had long chat with the case worker on Monday. Will update as and when

lastly thank you, it feels like a long slog but I feel more empowered in tackling all this thanks to you people. I want to make a donation, don't have a paypal account, what other way can I do this?

Bless you all

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Satansbank charges can be reclaimed yes! Not 100% certain on the interest front, BUT IMO, if they have added interest to the charges then I would be reclaiming these back also, but I might be wrong?

There is a 'clickable' option for donations to CAG at the bottom of theis page, should auto take you to the PP page...

And well done for maintaining the long arduous slog, slowly slowly catchy monkey is an apt phrase!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi SB,

If it's a Santander current a/c, you will not be able to reclaim their default charges unless you do so using the Financial Difficulty route for charges made from March 2011 onwards.

See the Article here about The Lending Code - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?557-Letter-for-an-application-for-consideration-for-hardship

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Thanks for that Slick123.

Thought as much going by what I have learnt on this site.

I will however have a go, will let you know.

In just one year, 2001 charges add up to a lot, makes me sad,

I never stood a chance with keeping working, dealing with my mental health and other personal stuff.

More interestedly I have just received a large package from Barclays,

on first quick look statements going back to 2001.

Letter included, mentions ICO, microfiche statements and they have requested more statements which I will receive shortly.

Will have a good look and let you know anything interesting.

I wish BB:lol:.

I need statements from the year before when all started to go belly up.

I started to get straight towards the end of 2001 re: current account with santander.

Statements from Barclays I have so far show that cards were suspended mid 2001.

Have more questions than I started with, more confused now.

Have someone from Barclays ringing me on the 7th, may get some answers.

I know that my debt with Lewis, after paying monthly for 11 years is in the main interest.

Interest was going on the cards for a couple of years after cards were suspended and I defaulted.

I first saw the phase cash cow on here when I first wrote, that describes me to a tee, for I have truly been a cash cow.

No more though.

Have realms of computer print out to go through, if nothing else I will have enough scrap paper to last the rest of my days.

Best wishes, will update after Monday

I know that my debt with Lewis, after paying monthly for 11 years is in the main interestlink3.gif.

Interest was going on the cards for a couple of years after cards were suspended and I defaulted.

WOW!!! You have been well and truly cash cowed here! ELEVEN YEARS?

Look forward to the update next week.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

@Bazooka Boo - Can you suggest a way in which OP can reclaim default charges before the Lending Code Regs of 2011

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

IMO, it all depends on the amount of charges levied, and if they are the £25 charge they used to add on, then this has always been deemed unfair, I will have to go hunting around for the relevant info which refers to reclaiming these fees and charges, but even now a days with their £12 charge I always demand them refund this.

Didn't receive telephone call yesterday. Will wait until the end of the week and ring the number I was given if call does not happen.

Today received letter from the executive office with a goodwill offer of £50 because of problems with SAR together with explanation of their difficulties.

Also received today another package of computer print outs and statements. Mainly same stuff as received last week. I have spent the day going through it all. Some of the print outs give basic info but statements only going back to 2004. Bit confused with it all. Can any of you good people answer a couple of questions I have.

1.Went delinquent in 2001. Recovery status. Only charge I can see was in 2001 "out of order fee £40.00, can I reclaim this?

2.Print out states " No c/off T/C s or historics available, unenforceable too old for c/off t/c

3.PPI cancelled 2000. Opened 1995. Refund of £500 no interest paid, no data

4. What does profiles indicator mean as it has yes besides that.

Any answers/advice gratefully received.

• 1 year later...

Its been awhile but i wanted to update you because i never would have got this far without all the advice and support given.

On Saturday i received a letter from Hoist Portfolio Holding to say my debt had been written of, this was one of the accounts. Today i received another letter to say my other account has to been written of. I am debt free for the first time in 20 years, a weight has been lifted. Thank you all so much

Hi SB and thanks for the update.

This is excellent news :whoo:

hey well done

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Excellent, well done, I'd be making plenty of copies of those letters, just in case they have a change of heart, call me a cynic,

either way very good news!