Halifax claim refused

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3536 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I phoned Halifax about 3 weeks ago and complained that I had been miss sold PPI ( to be honest I did not know if I had it because I had thrown paperwork out because it was from 1997 to 2006). I received a letter about 2 weeks ago saying they were looking into it. I have received a letter today ( confirming I dis have it) but they have rejected my claim under 'Optionality' and it says the following: I can confirm that it has never been a requirement to take out a PPI policy in order for a mortgage application to be accepted. In addition, taking out PPI would not have improved the chances of your mortgage application being successful. I am also aware that the mortgage application form clearly demonstrated to you that your PPI was optional and I have concluded that the adviser did not miss-lead you in anyway ( how do they know this if they were not present and I bet the adviser was on commission).

They say in the letter that during the original phone call I said I was not given an option as the reason. They have not rang me to ask any questions or sent a questionnaire out, so I do not know how they could have investigated this.

They say if I disagree I can ring them or write to the or refer to the FOS.

So I did not know I had this, I have checked bank statement and no payments to Halifax other than mortgage payment, so can only assume it was built in the payment or added to mortgage. How could I find this out?

At the time this was taken out I was in full time employment and entitled to 6 months full pay and 6 months half pay, as well as 15 years redundancy. furthermore, about a year before I was miss sold this I had been medically retired from my manual job due to back problems. I was fortunate to be given a white collar job and received a pension, which was enough to pay the mortgage payments if I had of lost my job

Any help would be appreciated as I am more annoyed that I have been paying for something I did not know I had or needed.

Start off by sending an SAR to get all info including any notes or PPI forms.

See what that brings you.