Go Compare / Santander issue

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3146 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there

It's been a while since I posted here but I am having a issue with compare the market and santander regarding my car insurance, basically what happened is this:

My insurance is due Tuesday, the renewal I had was far to expensive so I went to compare the market 20 days ago to search for new quotes and found one for £388, which was great, the quote stated that it would last 30 days so I was very happy.

However on friday when I went to get it all sorted out, I went into compare the market hit the view and buy on the Santander quote and it searched again updating all the quotes and it changed from £388 to £527 I was as expected very angry especially when it stated that the quote for Santander would last 30 days!

I rang Santander the guy on the phone was to start with very helpful, I forwarded the email that I had to prove the quote and also asked if it was correct that it lasted 30 days and he confirmed this, however after waiting 30 minutes (alot of this on hold) he kept repeating that he could not give me that price he could only give me £527, which I told him was surely incorrect when he stated the quote lasted 30 days and I have proof of the quote via email.

He then told me he would see what he could do with underwriters and call me back in 20 minutes, its now Sunday and they have still not called me back, which in all honestly I am not surprised at usually that happens when someone says I will call you back.

What I wish to know is if I can take this further to anyone? Its not acceptable and I would if possible like to complain to some higher body about them not issuing me with my original quote within the 30 day period.

Because its now due I am forced to go with another company which I didn't want to go with but I have little choice.

Anyone have any advice?

Thanks

Lucy

note: its compare the market not go compare sorry abou that

Edited by hazyeyes
error

I believe that a quotation is al binding offer and must be honoured unlike an estimate which can be varied.

This has been confirmed by e-mail and should stan.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

I believe that a quotation is al binding offer and must be honoured unlike an estimate which can be varied.

This has been confirmed by e-mail and should stan.

Thats what I thought, however because of the time limit I cannot argue with them and wait and wait for them to sort it out, I need the insurance to start tomorrow so I have had to go with someone else, that said I still want to complain about how they handled it because if I don't they may just do it to someone else!

As you have no choice but take out insurance make sure you keep hard copies of all the documents including 1. The offer, 2. Your Acceptance, 3. Their revised Offer. Make sure the 30 days to accept is documented.

Make a written complaints to both the Insurance Company and the Comparison site that you have suffered financially as a result of them revising the quote (within the 30 days acceptance period). Tell them you wish to claim for the difference you have had to pay which will put you back in the same position if they had kept to their quote.

When you have exhausted their complaints procedure go to the Financial Ombudsman.

Doing it this way wont cost you anything but your time and a couple of stamps.

PUTTING IT IN WRITING & KEEPING COPIES IS A MUST FOR SUCCESS