dirty tricks again.....

billdebt
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4245 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

got a letter today from Lloyds TSB plc Credit operations PO BOX 66 Rosyth KY11 2WG funny thing the heading shows a faint Lloyds TSB logo top LHC the letter pretends to be from Lloyds bank and states.written in.same format that Wescots use)

'As we haven't been able to agree a suitable repayment plan we've transferrd your Lloyds TSB bank to a debt collection agency

Wescot Credit services Ltd'...an even fainter logo bottom RHC and above the logo is Wescots printer code. This letter is pretending that wescots are Lloyds bank. The account is disputed and is with the FOS awaiting decision.

Edited by billdebt

Simply write to Wesclotts advising that it would appear they have been misled by the original creditor. Something along the lines of..

Dear Sir or Madam (or named person)

Account references

Wesclott References

FOS Reference

I am in receipt of your letter dated (DATE).

It would appear that you have been misled by the Original Creditor.

This account is in dispute with the original creditor and it would appear, rather than resolve the dispute, they have assigned/sold the account to you!

I would also point out that in veiw of their refusal to investigate a dispute with due diligence, a complaint has now been made to the Financial Ombudsman, under the reference number above.

I would suggest you return your file to the original creditor and at the same time, please provide me with your Complaints procedure.

Yours etc,

Print or sign digitally - do NOT give them a hand written signature.

Replace "Original Creditor" with the Name of the OC

HTH

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

scan the required letters/agreements/sheets - as a picture[jpg] file

don't forget you can use a mobile phone or a digital camera too!!

or

convert existing PC files to PDF [office has an installable print to PDF option]

'

BUT......

ENSURE: remove all pers info inc barcodes etc using paint program

but leave all figures and dates.

goto one of the many free online pdf converter websites

it would be better to upload a multipage pdf if

you have many images too rather than many single pdfs

or if you have PDF as an installed printer drive use that

or use word and save as pdf

open a new msg box here

hit go advanced below the msg box

hit manage attachments below that box

hit the add files button on the top right

hit select files, navigate to your file on your pc

hit upload files

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

got a letter today from Lloyds TSB plc Credit operations PO BOX 66 Rosyth KY11 2WG signed by a Paul Cameron i have checked po box turns out to be Bank of Scotland...now the funny thing the heading shows a faint Lloyds TSB logo top LHC under the logo is my name address the letter pretends to be from Lloyds bank and states.(.same format that Wescots use)

'As we haven't been able to agree a suitable repayment plan we've transferrd your Lloyds TSB bank to a debt collection agency

Wescot Credit services Ltd'...an even fainter logo bottom RHC and above the logo is WCS400 MACHINE/CO23LTRD heading paper from Wescots pretending to be Lloyds bank....is this legal? even funnier thing is that this alleged account is with the FOS...any ideas...?

Financial services companies have been doing this for years. It will be part of the banks processes to have a DCA letter, as a final letter with the DCA's logo etc, to arrange collection. Even in the Insurance world I come from, going back more than 10 years ago, the accounts teams had letters with a DCA branding, that would be sent a final threat. The phone calls were still handled by the Insurance company and many policyholders paid up what was due. For those that remained outstanding, about a month after, the debt would then be passed to the DCA. Some of the utilities companies also use a similar process. It is legal. The FSA and othe regulators will be aware that this is done, as the companies will have provided flow charts showing their processes, showing they have effective accounting processes.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Is this a problem ? A DCA issuing a letter on behalf of the bank. This may be an agreed process between Lloyds Banking group and Wescot.

Ask Lloyds whether they permit Wescot to issue these letters on their behalf ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

You need to removed the meta data from the PDF file.

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

Also, are you sure those QR codes don't link to something that identifies you?

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

It looks like Wescott have been appointed agents for Lloyds.

This is not a notice of assignment compliant with the Law of Property Act. Notices of assignment are commonly printed by DCAs on paper with the original creditors heading. This is a common practice and (as far as I know) not against the rules.

If you want to check who actually owns this then consult your CRA file (Noddle is free).

I think you should accept this letter and move on. Write to Wescott telling them that the alleged account is in dispute with Lloyds and is being reviewed by the FOS. Remind them that all recovery activity should cease on a disputed debt, per OFT guidance. (It is likely that they do not actually know it is disputed). Recommend that Wescott return it to Lloyds.

Quote "If you want to check who actually owns this then consult your CRA file (Noddle is free)." Unquote

Yes it is free but it does not tell you who actually owns the debt. I have 12 open debts and 8 show the DCA but not one has purchased the debt

Noddle is okay for a quick reference only, for anything that is serious use on of the big 3

noddle does show who owns the debt.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

oooh i do hope thats not a fee paying one.

no matter on the cra

dx

and they

Noddle is provided by Callcredit. Which, last time i checked, was one of the "big three". Just because it is free does not mean it is not useful.

As always, a written statutory request to all 3 agencies is the best way to get the full picture. £2 for each one.

More details here:

http://www.ico.gov.uk/for_the_public/topic_specific_guides/credit.aspx