Cabot post aprofit, unfortunately.but pay only [email protected]£1 for debts!

spartathisis

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3625 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Article also states Cabot spent £100m on £6.6b of face value debt, wtf. Is that approx 1.4p in the £ ?

http://www.credittoday.co.uk/article/14330/online-news/cabot-credit-management-posts-first-results

Advice & opinions given by spartathisis are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.:)

Advice & opinions given by spartathisis are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.:)

If the original creditors are looking for the "best price" when they sell debt, I wonder if this means that the Cabot price is the best, and that the others, offer less than 1.4%?

Sam

All of these are on behalf of a friend.. Cabot - [There's no CCA!]

CapQuest - [There's no CCA!]

Barclays - Zinc, [There's no CCA!]

Robinson Way - Written off!

NatWest - Written off!

HH1959: Thats what I thought, but would imagine there is a minimum they will reduce for debtor otherwise it encourages everyone to pay less.

Just out of interest, does anyone know if a DCA is able to write off the full amount of outstanding debt on non collection rather than the amount they paid?

If the full amount, then that would mean OC writes off say £1000 and DCA writes off £1000, total of £2000 for £1000 debt. We as tax payers then miss out on the tax that should have been paid before write off.

I've often wondered if the shysters that run car parks, are able to somehow claim tax relief on "your" debt.

That is, the amount which they say that you owe for one of their imaginative claims for overstaying your time, and have not paid.

In truth, of course, you owe nothing, no debt has been proved, but perhaps an expert on tax matters, viewing this, might be able to advise us?

Sam

All of these are on behalf of a friend.. Cabot - [There's no CCA!]

CapQuest - [There's no CCA!]

Barclays - Zinc, [There's no CCA!]

Robinson Way - Written off!

NatWest - Written off!

If it is correct (I dont know if it is mind) then surely it would be tax evasion and fraud? Not good credentials for a finance business and surely a reason for the OFT to investigate, and HMRC.

I am sticking by my four year princible, if the OC keeps the debt they get paid ( if they sell it then it's no holds barred, CCA, SAR, play real hard ball, in my case most of my debts were early 90's only two out of 14 creditors have produced valid CCA's. Once those debt buying gangsters get hold of it its party time, they can scream, jump and shout till hell freezes over..... I am heading my FF's if ever one does find a CCA @ 2p in the £,,,,,, then start dropping if they refuse... Yep I expect there is a tax dodge for all those slimey companies....

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Happyhippy1959