Vodafone warranty issue with Nokia handset

RedCherry
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4243 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My nokia E7-00 less than 12mths old became unable to charge, first it started saying unsupported USB device and then it just wouldn't charge at all. I took it back to vodafone who sent it off the repair centre and was informed that I would have to pay for the repair. When I got the phone back it came with a letter stating the following

One of our engineers has thoroughly tested your phone. The charging socket/connector was found to be faulty.

Yes faulty!!!! They never claimed it was damaged physically or by water damage but confirmed that it was a FAULT!

Nevertheless I was billed for the repair.

Response from vodafone after questioning the charge -

The phones that we provide are from the manufacturers themselves and Vodafone have no responsibility over the manufacture or the phones performance. The contract that we provide is for the network access and service but not the phone. Of course we make a phone available and are here to help when things go wrong. We only act as a go between for and the repair centres for our manufacturers.

My phone was repaired by a vodafone repair centre not a nokia repair centre

As a consumer when I buy a phone my contract is with the retailer not the manufactureer but vodafone are blaming Nokia and the nokia warranty.

:-x

Hi RedCherry,

Thanks for making me aware of your concerns.

To enable me to get this looked into could you email me with the relevant details via the Contact us here quoting the code WRT135 - CAG Forum in the subject line?

Once sent you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. To ensure that it reaches me could you update the thread with this and I'll get back to you as quickly as possible?

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

Hi Lee,

After asking for some advice on vodafones eforum I am very pleased to say the vodafones web relations team have refunded the repair charge as a gesture of good will.

Vodafones uk web relations team are far better at customer service than the customer service team that I was subjected to over the phone.

Web relations team 10/10 for customer service.

Thanks for your reply :-)

One question though Lee while I have you here,

I have been looking at vodafone red deal and WOW what a fantastic deal!!! What I think is a bit of a shame is that current customers can't have the same deal.

I pay £42+ a month for 900 minutes but i'd be happier with unlimited calls and texts. Can vodafone not offer deals to it's loyal current customers who pay top notch as well as offering great deals to new customers?

Me customer of over 2 years pays £42+ a month and gets 900mins

New customer can get unlimited calls and texts for the same price I am paying.

Doesn't seem fair to me

Hi Lee,

After asking for some advice on vodafones eforum I am very pleased to say the vodafones web relations team have refunded the repair charge as a gesture of good will.

Vodafones uk web relations team are far better at customer service than the customer service team that I was subjected to over the phone.

Web relations team 10/10 for customer service.

Thanks for your reply :-)

Hi RedCherry,

Thanks for coming back to me with confirmation that your repair query has been resolved.

Whilst it was disappointing to read about your initial dissatisfaction it's great to see that my colleagues were able to get things sorted out.

One question though Lee while I have you here,

I have been looking at vodafone red deal and WOW what a fantastic deal!!! What I think is a bit of a shame is that current customers can't have the same deal.

I pay £42+ a month for 900 minutes but i'd be happier with unlimited calls and texts. Can vodafone not offer deals to it's loyal current customers who pay top notch as well as offering great deals to new customers?

Me customer of over 2 years pays £42+ a month and gets 900mins

New customer can get unlimited calls and texts for the same price I am paying.

Doesn't seem fair to me

The packages available do represent fantastic value and while I can't guarantee what we'd be able to do I'm more than happy to take a look at the options available.

To enable me to do this could you email me as per the contact details provided in my reply from yesterday?

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK