Sky TV Multi-room without Telephone line

axil23
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4237 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I hardly use my landline aside from Broadband so the connection for BT comes in at the front door and finishes there. The Sky box is a good 30 meters from there downstairs and same upstairs. I got a engineer out to wire it for me but was quoted a nice tidy some and also told that the wires would be visible as I don't have carpets or places for the wires to be hidden.

I don't wanna get this done. So every month Sky sends me a letter and I hook it up through a extension to call each box in. Lasts a month then Sky again sends me a letter.

Highly annoying! Is there anyway to avoid this?

I would say no it is part of the multiroom contract that both boxes have a phone connection. This is to stop someone giving the second box to son daughter etc and not paying in full for 2 sky systems. They will eventually get nasty with this. Though there always seems to be someone that knows someone that has two boxes and no phone lines that have not been twiged.

I don,t know of someone that has got away with this but do know of 3 people that sky eventually blocked the boxes this from my old caravanning days.

dpick

I would say no it is part of the multiroom contract that both boxes have a phone connection. This is to stop someone giving the second box to son daughter etc and not paying in full for 2 sky systems. They will eventually get nasty with this. Though there always seems to be someone that knows someone that has two boxes and no phone lines that have not been twiged.

I don,t know of someone that has got away with this but do know of 3 people that sky eventually blocked the boxes this from my old caravanning days.

dpick

Thanks for your reply

So basically if you don't have a telephone line you can't have multi room? Is that correct? Can anyone else confirm this?

It is in the contract that you must have all boxes connected to a phone line all the time and if you don't Sky will either cancel your service or charge you full rate for both boxes.

Having said that I have had multiroom for about 6 years and have never had the boxes connected to a phone line (same problem as OP - there would be wires everywhere) but I think I'm just lucky and Sky will probably notice at some point.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

If you can do a callback 14 days before your payment due date this should keep you alright.

They don't block the services anymore they, if no callbacks are received when the system requests them, they will then charge you the same price you pay for the main box for the multiroom box.

Seemingly there are sky customers who have a wireless cli sender???

never seen one or heard of them but seemingly it is some device that you plug into the sky box and connects wirelessly to your telephone line.

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Seemingly there are sky customers who have a wireless cli sender???

never seen one or heard of them but seemingly it is some device that you plug into the sky box and connects wirelessly to your telephone line.

Sorry do you mean there might be this device? It would be perfect.

I have not used or seen one personally but beleive they are called DECT wireless phone line extenders

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)