Pdcs

exRAF
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4245 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

Partner just received a text from PDCS. Now I know she has no debt whatsoever. But in the text they are quoting a Hydro Gas case number? She doesn't want to just leave it though. Any help appreciated.

Text back, saying that they have texted the wrong number and should check to make sure they contact the right person.

They are part of Scottish & Southern Energy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Text back, saying that they have texted the wrong number and should check to make sure they contact the right person.

They are part of Scottish & Southern Energy

Thanks Uncle. The problem is she left a rented flat some time ago. I wouldn't put it past the landlord / agency / tenant from trying to pass debt onto her. Can these chancers mess with your CRA file?

Thanks Uncle. The problem is she left a rented flat some time ago. I wouldn't put it past the landlord / agency / tenant from trying to pass debt onto her. Can these chancers mess with your CRA file?

Yes they can. So she should check.

Perhaps she should just phone Hydro Gas. Give her name and previous address details to see if they can find any unpaid accounts. If there is an unpaid account, which she does not owe, she can raise a complaint.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Yes they can. So she should check.

Perhaps she should just phone Hydro Gas. Give her name and previous address details to see if they can find any unpaid accounts. If there is an unpaid account, which she does not owe, she can raise a complaint.

Well I've called PDCS and they claim it's from 2010! Is there a time limit on utility accounts for collection? We are planning on ringing the Hydro later to check meter readings etc. it just seems fishy that it's taken 2 years to generate a final bill, and they haven't sent it to her forwarding address, they've just put it to PDCS?

Well I've called PDCS and they claim it's from 2010! Is there a time limit on utility accounts for collection? We are planning on ringing the Hydro later to check meter readings etc. it just seems fishy that it's taken 2 years to generate a final bill, and they haven't sent it to her forwarding address, they've just put it to PDCS?

Normal rules apply. Statute of limitations.

There is a energy back billing code, where bills have not been supplied. This limits backbilling to 12 months. But I guess this does not apply here.

Normal rules apply. Statute of limitations.

There is a energy back billing code, where bills have not been supplied. This limits backbilling to 12 months. But I guess this does not apply here.

The problem is twofold I guess: firstly why has it taken two years to supply a 'final bill' despite giving a forwarding address, and staying with the same company, and secondly, if there is any liability who does it belong too, that is, are the meter readings correct for the time period of occupancy etc.

I guess we will only find out the answers by ringing Hydro direct which I'll get my other half to do later. I believe it should fall under back billing, after all if you supply meter readings then it shouldn't take 2 years to generate a bill surely. I'm also positive she would have done this as the management company would not release deposits without there being proof of utilities being settled.

The billing code will be applicable for this.

And please stop using the phone to discuss financial issues. Unless you are recording the content of the calls then keep everything in writing.

UB, please stop advising people to use the phone :phone: I know you mean well, but we both know when there is money involved, people will lie and cheat in order to get their grubby mitts on it. Letters are much more secure and provides a paper trail of evidence if ever required. Your not the only one to recommend calling them, I've seen a few other members advise other to use the phone too.

Crabair, start a paper trail ignore PDCS (?) and get straight onto the OC. Check her credit file too.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

The billing code will be applicable for this.

And please stop using the phone to discuss financial issues. Unless you are recording the content of the calls then keep everything in writing.

UB, please stop advising people to use the phone :phone: I know you mean well, but we both know when there is money involved, people will lie and cheat in order to get their grubby mitts on it. Letters are much more secure and provides a paper trail of evidence if ever required. Your not the only one to recommend calling them, I've seen a few other members advise other to use the phone too.

Crabair, start a paper trail ignore PDCS (?) and get straight onto the OC. Check her credit file too.

Thanks Boo,

What's the best letter to send to the OC then 'cause at the minute we've nothing to go on, just a text and a phone call. I'll be furious if they've mucked about with her CRA!!! If they have is there a course of redress?

Well my partner rang Hydro, probably against better judgement......However they investigated it and found it to be an issue with the opening balance. Upon correction it transpires they owe her £62.97! So imagine my delight in telephoning PDCS to tell them this. We are expecting a cheque and final bill in the post. I'll send that to the monkeys with typewriters at PDCS.

Edit: A copy of the final bill, not the cheque ;-)

Just remember that the monkeys at PDCS cannot read with any accuracy so expect them to keep pushing for a payment of £62.97.

IE credit or debit they will have no idea what that means they will just see £62.97 and get £ signs in their eyes.

dpick

Well my partner rang Hydro, probably against better judgement......However they investigated it and found it to be an issue with the opening balance. Upon correction it transpires they owe her £62.97! So imagine my delight in telephoning PDCS to tell them this. We are expecting a cheque and final bill in the post. I'll send that to the monkeys with typewriters at PDCS.

Edit: A copy of the final bill, not the cheque ;-)

Make sure that any entry on her credit record is removed from the date it was added.

Bazooka Boo, made the comment in an earlier post about not phoning original creditors. My point is that you would not find out errors or establish reasons for a complaint without doing this. In a two-way conversation, it is easier to get to the bottom of the problem.

It depends on who the original creditor is. I would not suggest phoning the original creditor, if they were a bank or mortgage company, who still owned the debt. But a utilities company is different. And I would never suggest phoning a DCA.

Any way, glad you managed to sort this. Just make sure this debt is wiped clean, get it in writing and keep these for future reference.

Excellent news well done, and I hope it works out to be true.

Still check your credit file, there may be another 1k in it for you?

My reasoning for never discussing financial issue over the phone (unless you ARE recording it) is that they will say one thing, mean another, and totally deny ever having said anything of the sort, even down to denying you ever rang them, hence why you really really should keep everything in writing, you then have irrefutable evidence of what has been said and discussed/promised, alternatively, get this fantastic Truecall, it gives you so much more power!!!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!