Getting Debt Agency letters for former occupier.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4221 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I don't know if this is the best forum for this (please advise some other forums if possible) but we are getting debt recovery demands for a former occupier and we know the person is deceased but don't know the name address of her POA. Is there a register somewhere of people named as Attorneys where one can find out?

We were thinking that this may be a [problem] so if we phoned up this collection agency we may find ourselves a target.

Advice appreciated on either of the above queries. Many thanks.

Was hoping we could send it on to the Attorney so they can do their job properly! Have sent these back before but wonder if they actuall get back or not in which case someone will eventually come knocking. Will they go away then if we tell them the former occupier is gone?

Just tell them to clear off...no-one here by that name.

Don't get involved with DCAs even on behalf of someone else.

I know you are trying to do the right thing but you would best off not getting involved IMHO

I just file them away and ignore them, been here for the past 5 years and still get letters for the previous occupier, no amount of returning the letters or informing them that the person they were looking for no longer lived here, resulted in them taking a blind bit of notice.

So now I just file them away and ignore them, or ring them up baiting them,

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Totally agree just ignore them all they want is money if you ask them to remove your address all that will happen is they will not remove that address just leave it on computer so it can try again. They will have gone onto next phone call or letter, telling them to remove details does not in the short term make them money so they ignore you and go on to the next mug.

dpick

It is not unknown for someone who rings a DCA to tell them the person they are after no longer lives there, stupidly gives their own name, and voila! the same letter arrives a few days later, now with their name, claiming THEY owe the debt.....

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I had a letter from Lloyds TSB (addressed to 'The Occupier'), asking if an individual lived at my address, and if not did I know and could I provide them with his new address, or forward the letter. They helpfully enclosed a prepaid envelope, so I wrote them a letter thanking them for asking me to do some work on their behalf, which I'd be delighted to do upon receipt of my fee of £150 in cleared funds. I didn't hear from them again.