• Tweets

• In the very first claim thread it mentions contacting the claimant is encouraged by the court etc. I was thinking about contacting them and asking about a Tomlin order to put an end to all this, at least I'd be able to stop worrying and maybe get some sleep (currently 4.52am) 😴
    • Hi I'm looking for a bit of help to deal with a claim form from Hoist/ Cohen referencing an old Capital One account please. I have filled out the details below as requested and submitted an acknowledgement of service intending to defend.   In 2007 I sent a SAR and requested a copy of the original CCA from Cap One on this account.    In 2014 Lowells sent a claim form for the same account. I have a copy of a notice of allocation to the small claims track hearing and a copy of the front sheet of ack of service with intent to defend but I have no recollection of its outcome and there are no CCJs on my credit file.    Name of the Claimant Hoist Finance UK Holdings 2 Ltd   Date of issue – 5/11/2019   Date of issue 05/11/19 + 19 days = 24/11/2019 + 14 days to submit defence = 7/12/2019 (33 days in total)   Particulars of Claim This claim is for the sum of £294 arising from the Defendants breach of a regulated consumer credit agreement referenced Under no XXXXX. The defendant has failed to remedy the breach in accordance with a default notice issued pursuant to ss. 87(1) and 88 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. The Claimant claims the sums due from the Defendant following the legal assignment of the agreement from Hoist Portfolio Holding 2 Ltd (EX CAPITAL ONE). Written notice of the assignment has been given. The Claimant claims 1. The sum of 294  2. Costs   What is the total value of the claim? £369   Have you received prior notice of a claim being issued pursuant to paragraph 3 of the PAPDC I received a letter of claim & income / exp forms.   Have you changed your address since the time at which the debt referred to in the claim was allegedly incurred? yes   Did you inform the claimant of your change of address? Not sure claim is for Credit card   When did you enter into the original agreement 2003   Do you recall how you entered into the agreement not sure   Is the debt showing on your credit reference files yes, as closed   Has the claim been issued by the original creditor. Assigned   Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment?  from HPH2 to HFUKH2L, I don't have anything from Cap One.   Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? Yes (2007) Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Sums in Arrears” or " Notice of Arrears "– at least once a year ? Not sure, I’ve had letters from Robinson Way.   Why did you cease payments? illness and inability to deal with my debts, I had no money no job and my mental health was in a terrible state.   date of your last payment? 07/2014 paid to Robinson Way   Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved? No (PPI and bank charges refunded)   Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt management plan? Yes   Do I send a CPR 31.14 next asking for the agreement, notice of assignment and the Default notice?   Thanks.
    • It states the charge as: 'did enter a compulsory ticket area without having with you a valid ticket. Contrary to Byelaw 17 (1) of the Transport for London Railway Bylaws Made under paragraph 26 of Schedule 11 to the Greater London Authority Act 1999 and confirmed under section 67 of the Transport Act 1962.' Then a brief statement of facts that the pass did not belong to me, and that I had stated it was due to financial reasons. It then contains information about making my plea and then the statement of the revenue officer. I am of course planning on pleading guilty before the cut off point and attending court (I'm hoping to be well enough to attend anyway). I'm just concerned about the consequences and if there is any point in trying to still reason with TfL now that court application costs are at least involved. I have debated getting a solicitor solely because of what I've read on the internet and what it says about ruined job prospects, I know it's probably scare tactics to get me to hire someone but it is the driving fear behind everything at the moment. 
    • You really MUST respond to the Singe Justice Procedure (SJP) notice and do so BEFORE the 'cut off' date.   Clearly, you will need to plead guilty and by doing so, you will benefit from having a one third discount in the amount of the fine issued.   You do not....I repeat NOT need to enlist the help of a solicitor and by pleading guilty, you will NOT be required to attend a hearing.   what exactly is stated on the charge sheet.    
  • Our picks

Cranston1947

Comet and a Panasonic Fridge Freezer: broke down after 4 days **RESOLVED** - here's what to do listed

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2628 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I have just started an appalling relationship with Comet.

I bought a Panasonic fridge freezer which was delivered on 29th August 2012 and within 4 days broke down.

I have to date spent a full day on the issue, including a trip to the store itself. All I have been offered is an engineers visit in 5 days time. I have asked for it to be removed and a full refund, but Comet have refused.

It looks as though I may well be have to take them to court, and am currently having to use a cool box and ask neighbours to freeze cool packs for me.

My advice is to avoid Comet and Panasonic at all costs. I spoke intelligently and calmly to both organisations and I might just as well have not bothered.

I have put my complaint in writing to Comet and sent it recorded delivery. I also emailed them, and I received the cursery email back saying they would reply within 24 hours. If anyone is considering buying from Comet or Panasonic I would think very carefully indeed. Panasonic use an outsourced company to service their goods.

typical rubbish.

you are entitled to a complete refund.

how did you pay?

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Many thanks for your speedy response! Much appreciated.

I paid with my M&S credit card. I spoke with M&S this morning as I thought they could stop the payment to Comet until it was resolved. I was informed that there was nothing they could do at this stage!

Yep, typical Comet thinking that the law of the land doesn't apply to them.

Had a very similar experience with them myself.

See here to see how I resolved it...they only caved in after an LBA was issued to them.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?333744-Comet-Dishwasher-SOGA-*****-Success-but-only-after-LBA-*****

Thread moved to Comet forum

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

sorry M+S they are EQUALLY responsible under section 75

go get 'em

dx

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

spreadsheets 

Yes...chargeback and all that :-)

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

I have just started an appalling relationship with Comet.

I bought a Panasonic fridge freezer which was delivered on 29th August 2012 and within 4 days broke down.

I have to date spent a full day on the issue, including a trip to the store itself. All I have been offered is an engineers visit in 5 days time. I have asked for it to be removed and a full refund, but Comet have refused.

It looks as though I may well be have to take them to court, and am currently having to use a cool box and ask neighbours to freeze cool packs for me.

My advice is to avoid Comet and Panasonic at all costs. I spoke intelligently and calmly to both organisations and I might just as well have not bothered.

I have put my complaint in writing to Comet and sent it recorded delivery. I also emailed them, and I received the cursery email back saying they would reply within 24 hours. If anyone is considering buying from Comet or Panasonic I would think very carefully indeed. Panasonic use an outsourced company to service their goods.

Have Comet said they won't refund it or have they said they want an engineer to visit before they take it further ???

they cant do that.

dx

spreadsheets 

They want an engineer to visit. Fridge arrived Wed, broke down Sunday, Called Mon and eventually got an engineer coming tomorrow. They then have to report back to Pansonic who will then report to Comet and finally me!

I have requested a full refund as the appliance was only 5 days in my possession before it failed! Much appreciate your response.

No need for all that malarky...you will end up being pushed from pillar to post.

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

Hi cranston ,

Follow the advice from ims ,

I have no idea how COMET are operating their After Sales Service these days but once again they decide what happens and still make it as difficult as they can for a customer to get replacement goods when they go wrong even when the goods fault within a matter of days as in cranstons case .

It is understandable that COMET would wish to inspect the Fridge Freeezer and to confirm it faulty before replacing , but as ims says there is no need for all this malarky and the time scale involved is totally unacceptable. In the past this kind of issue would have been resolved within 48 hours and cranston would have had a refund or replacement .

Nowadays COMET are running on empty no field service engineers of their own left third party repairers getting involved , hundreds of other retail and support staff being made redundant and closing stores all over the country .

Whilst on the outside still advertising what a great Retailer to buy your goods from .

Retail Managers being told NOT to replace anything that goes faulty , while still trying to entice customers that visit stores to part with their hard earned cash ,

but once again once the money is in the till customers then experience a different side of COMET .

To sum it up on the @comethelp Twitter thing a customer complains that a Retail Manager laughed in his face when trying to get redress with the store after the customer mentioned his rights under SOGA before walking away and left him standing on the shop floor with the attitude of you do what you want we do not care but we will not replace or refund .

Disgracefull but this is what is happening now , AVOID .

Edited by GorgieBoy

Regards

GorgieBoy

Engineer due to come today, just received a call from "Panasonic" engineers saying they cannot come until Tuesday. Unbelievable!

Another day lost, still no refrigeration in my home, and very hot weather. Frustrated and very upset. Dont know what to do next.

there have been instance of compensatio for lost food before.

dx

spreadsheets 

Engineer due to come today, just received a call from "Panasonic" engineers saying they cannot come until Tuesday. Unbelievable!

Another day lost, still no refrigeration in my home, and very hot weather. Frustrated and very upset. Dont know what to do next.

That really comes as no surprise to me whatsoever.

Have you actually read the previous posts and the thread I linked you to earlier.

You need to take control of this and get it sorted....see my previous note where I mentioned "Pillar and Post"

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

Firstly, many thanks to everyone for their comments and suggestions. Here is an update and followed by a checklist if anyone has similar issues.

The engineers visit last Friday ( bet 7 am and 7pm) was cancelled, with no reason as to why, at around 11am, and I was simply told there would come on Tuesday,

not even bothering to ask if this was convenient.

I refused, as I had cancelled everything in my diary last week in order to resolve the matter, and rescheduled for this week!

I went into the Comet branch yesterday, and refused to be put off without speaking with the manager.

I stood by the service desk, and when asked what the problem was simply stated quite calmly that I had no intention of repeating the whole story again

as both Comet and Panasonic were fully aware of the problem.

The manager eventually came to speak with me.

I had all the paper work with me, but stated that there should be no need for me to go into details ( I was asked!) as he should be fully aware of the issue.

He took some considerable time to read the letter that I had sent both by recorded delivery and through Comets website, and eventually mumbled that they would exchange it!

This I refused and simply stated that I wanted a full refund.

He succumbed.

The FF will be collected tomorrow.

I requested compensation for the food I had lost, and was told that I would have to take this up with head office, which I will do after the fridge has been collected tomorrow.

This morning I received my first call from Panasonic apart from the cancellation of the engineer!

They had been notified from Roumania (!!!) that I had issues.

They asked how much food compensation I was looking at and offered me half, as "a goodwill gesture'.

I suggested that they should increase that as I have spent at least 3 full days trying to get the problem dealt with. They are thinking about it.

Yesterday, I ordered a FF from John Lewis, own brand with servicing from AEG. They deliver on Wednesday in the same delivery slot as Comet!

My suggestions to anyone having similar issues is as follows.

1. Write EVERYTHING down, with time and date of the call, to whom etc etc.

2. Advise your bank or credit card company if you have paid by CC or cheque, and ask to speak to the disputes team.

Ask them to explain to you what the procedure is, and whether you will incur any charges on your account by not settling it.

If you have paid by CC, both the retailer and the CC company are jointly liable under section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act.

3. Contact your local Trading Standards, who will give you the appropriate information with regard to putting your complaint in writing to the company, in this case COMET.

4. Write that letter! Send it recorded delivery, and keep/save a copy. I even sent a second letter, with a copy of the first, when the engineer cancelled

5. BE PERSISTANT. I do think that is why I have eventually got my problem resolved. I spoke with Comet and Panasonic every day, and visited the store on 2 occasions, making my presence felt in a firm and calm way, despite being very angry and upset.

6. Once you are certain that both companies have ALL the information they need, when asked to explain what the problem is, DO NOT explain.

Tell them that everything has been sent by recorded delivery, you have called on numerous occasions and therefore they should know what the problem is.

If they dont, ask them to contact Head Office!

In other words use their time and energy, not yours.

Finally, thank goodness for sites like this.

It really helped last week when I felt very victimised by a giant retailer and manufacturer.

Thank you!

hey great result

dx

spreadsheets 

Yes indeed , great result Cranston ,

Some good information on this thread for anyone else that has a similar problem with new goods gone wrong .

Possible New Thread as well ,

" Faulty Panasonic Fridge Freezer Still NOT Uplifted despite repeated promises "

:-):-):-)

Regards

GorgieBoy