• Tweets

• Hi and thanks It looks like they ticked all the boxes to me but I'll try and upload the notice. I was wondering if a witness to late delivery might be considered proof - I'm assuming they posted it as normal but Royal Mail stuffed up delivery. If not then they're really saying it just has to be posted within 12 days of the incident, regardless of when it is received. Annoying! edit ok thanks Honeybee here's my 2nd (actually 3rd) attempt at anonymising, copying and uploading the notice! Sorry about the state of it - I sat on it while distracted by my dog 🙃 pcn front.pdf pcn back page.pdf
    • ROFL - dont get upset just because someone (quite a lot of someones) dont want smart meters - well unless you get paid for it .. in which case ...   I assume you haven't been with Octopus long enough to be on one of the very long fixed price tariffs they offered before the prices went bonkers .. and that you dont use your electricity in the evening/lunch time if you think the 'agile type tariffs are good value .. let alone worth installing a smart meter for - high price a good disincentive for an evening cuppa eh? Let alone all your computer/tv etc time in the peak price evening or lunch time. - and boy do those peak prices instantly hammer your bill when those Russian and middle eastern issues kick off.   I would only have considered a smart meter if solar panels had been an option for me - but roof is oriented completely the wrong way. Oh - and My opinion hasn't changed since the smart meter trials 40 years ago, because neither have the issues (well not enough) but I'm happy for you. Be happy for me.
    • Hi. I'm afraid I've had to hide your post with the pdf files to keep this anonymous for you. You've left the PCN reference number and your car reg showing. Could you edit that and repost please? HB    
    • Well naturally if you want to maintain your outrage, and retain something to bitch about, then arguing about the level of your fixed monthly DD is the way to go. You are of course perfectly free to ignore the easy solution.
    • His financial situation isn’t great, and the landlord has made lots of things up. The things he’s put isn’t true at all. My friend did tell the full truth with incoming and outgoing, I helped him fill in his form and he checked bills etc. to make sure it was right. His wage is ok, but not as good as the landlord thinks it is,  and he doesn’t have anything spare. How much are they likely to take from him? Should he send any reply?  the letter just says to take the court letter with him. 
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
        • Thanks
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

home repossession and effects on health

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4188 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I do know how to pace myself, certain things I don't do early on (and if I am up before 3am I do have a breakfast otherwise you get really knackered later.

As I am not working I don't have to be up at a specific time so I went back to bed at 5am and have only recently got up.

Taking it easy today - will try not to have an afternoon nap.

I've got some tropical fish and it is quite relaxing looking at them. Especially the Mollies who gang up on each other then pair off in different corners of the tank.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi girls,

I never worried about insomnia like you I made it work for me, now I fall asleep at the drop of a hat and I do not feel normal at all really lethargic. Take it easy starblackie keep at the jewellrey making it's therapeutic enjoy the knitting SG1 it's in a good cause,Lilli snuggled up with the cats what a great picture that conjures up.Hope you are ok Richard I hope the messages from these lovely ladies are helping you to think positive. I'm having a day off today :-D big letter from DCA to deal with tomorrow :-( but as Scarlet said tomorrow is another day. Be cosy it's that time of the year my fire is blazing away the leaves are falling it's a good day.

xxxxxxxxxxRo

Good to hear from you Richard. Is there anything you do when you up in the night?, insommnia is difficult, it can be the time when the mind goes into overdrive with worry. Remember Richard that worry changes nothing, not always easy to stop I know, easier said than done. Anything you do in middle of the night to wile away those hours. I think the op and medication caught up with me yesterday, i was dozy (more than usual) on and of all day, and slept all night for a change last night. Still a bit sore but feeling better this morning. Rohannah eerything rossed for your day dealing with the DCA, hope it doesnt cause you to much stress, any words of comfort/support i can offer just shout.

Hows the knitting sg and how are doing. Lilli give the cats a hug from mine. Mine are over 18 and one of them has thyriod problems, shes due a blood test on Monday, always a drama going oer the vet, cats hate going in the basket and i get stressed. Have a good day all and take care

I actuallly slept quite well last night, I was busy during the day and did one long outstanding job, completely emptied out the airing cupboard and ended up with a large binliner of clothes for recycling.

Knitting is going okay, I will put some pics on my blog later on today and post a link here. I am doing a baby blanket for a friends daughter, its one I've done earlier this year and is a very pleasing pattern, uses up lots of scraps of yarn.

Got my dad's 79th birthday meal tomorrow, don't know what the restaurant is like but hopefully won't have too much 'chilli' based things as they really affect me badly.

If you are in pain and keep waking up then you really should talk to your GP, pain isn't one of the main causes of insomnia but a symptom of one of the 'easily controlled' factors. If the pain medication is the wrong type or not working there are other options for you to consider, ask if they have any CBT therapy avaialble (cognitive behaviour therapy), it does work quite well for pain and gives you 'coping strategies' to follow.

It was a CBT course that made me realise I didn't have to worry about NOT having a solid 8 nights sleep (5 is my maximum before I wake up).

Hi all,

DCA prove it letter done :clap2: it's raining heavy here so no garden today cats all in snoozing. I cleared my craft table of all the bothersome bank stuff and I'm going to make some Christmas cards over the weekend. Look forward to seeing the knitting SG1 and good luck with the meal.Thanks for the crossed fingers etc Starblackie you can relax now :whoo:tis done. I hope the tenderness fades before your visit to the vet with the cat,I don't envy you one bit. Richard you need a hobby or something that you can do in the early hours,nothing too taxing but something to distract you from the pain and worry it will help more than you think,keeping a journal maybe ? Lilli thinking about you hope it's going ok with you today . I'm off to go through my crafting stash and clutter the table up again :grouphug:

xxxxxxxxRo

Argggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh clearing out dads clutter is doing my head in !! had man from homeless shelter place come round last night to collect dozens of sheets,blankets,towels,clothes. Had the people from the place that help people who can't afford furniture and white goods round today to collect sofas,chairs,cutlery,crockery etc,,so we are getting somewhere at last!! 4 cats snoozing cos heatings on,,

Ro xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Richardxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Janiexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Girlyxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Starxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

SGxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I shall meander in here over weekend xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Lillibelle

I only know what I know cos I know it,I only give advice,I'm not legally trained nor do I pretend to be.

Today is 6 years after repossession, I am still here, still dealing with idiots who think they can phone me and ask for payment over the phone (yes Viirginmedia, HL did not fool me one bit - see you in court over your alleged £137 which is roughly what you owe ME), and Optical Express changing their story after a week of me chasing them....

However meal out tonight for my Dads 79th birthday (which is Monday) so feeling quite cheerful.

Haven't done any parchment craft in a while, got the stuff but my dining table has a partially dismantled knitting machine on it at the moment...

You have a creative streak there Rohanna, lovely getting home made cards, watch your hands, getting damper and colder all the old joints start creaking and groaning.

Wow SG 6 years and you have survived must have been a trauma, I remember having no home when i left my husband very frightening, well done you on getting through and taking court action for others chasing you. I have been reading and lesrning so much, I may come back to you on tips there re court action. Its empowereing fighting back. Have a great meal out, enjoy. Lillibelle just think how much good comes from passing on your dads stuff for others to enjoy and use. Have a rest over weekend. You okay Richard? Cats are cuddled up to me, Im less sore today and just working my way through box of chocs that a friend brought round. Take care all and have peaceful and restful weekend, all the cats big big cuddle from me

Hello Richard good to hear from you, how are you doing? Feels cold this morning, dont want to put the heating on just yet, all going up yet again. Hot water bottles are good I have 3 and cuddle them to warm up. I can hear the pelting rain sounds heavy. Just fed the cats and they have settled back to down to doze, lucky them eh, fall asleep just like that. Im feeling a lot less sore this morning. Was going to going have a walk up to the market today to get my eggs. I usually go on a saturday as i like to have poached eggs on toast for breakfast. See how much its raining later. Havent been out all week so could do with some fresh air really. Right of to make another cuppa. You take care Richard and have a peaceful day

Haven't done any parchment craft in a while, got the stuff but my dining table has a partially dismantled knitting machine on it at the moment.
Mine are in the loft :| done some of the embossing today it's a biggish piece the hands behaved,take it easy and have a great weekend.Congrats on your anniversary bet it feels good.Hope you dodged the chillis.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxRo

Edited by Rohannah

Had a better day, vet gave anti biotic and anti inflammotory (cant spell sorry) she has a skin infection, it may be a side effect of the medication for her thyroid problem, see how she goes.

How is everyone doing, getting colder ive noticed and darker earlier

Take care all

Starblackie,

I do hope your cat is feeling better today, they are such a worry but we love them anyway :-) we have a neighbour's cat coming up here and it's vicious, the last few days I've spent hours looking for mine as they keep hiding normally they would not go out in the weather we've had.It's cold here but at least it's been dry today I quite enjoy the Autumn evenings (as long as I've got a good fire) Lilli you're a dynamo I'm tired just thinking about cleaning 2 houses,1 is definitely enough for me.

xxxxxxxxxxxRo

Hello Ro

She has picked up, was crawling all over me this morning so good sign, she is 18, well both are, so shes an old lady. What a stressful few days i have had with her but yes we do love them, nothing i wouldnt do for them. Its a worry when they do a disappearing trick, only one goes out now and i like him in when it starts to get dark. A fire is cozy in the auntum/winter nights, enjoy. Have a peaceful weekend all. I am researching the DPA this weekend. exciting stuff!

I am researching the DPA this weekend. exciting stuff!

Oh lucky you,still the cat has picked up that's the best news,I'm not doing a thing over the weekend I've promised myself weekends off for a while to have a break from the constant letter writing etc.it was starting to get me down a bit so watch it and don't overdo the research.

xxxxxxxxxxxRo

Hello to all,hope you are all doing alright and the furry friends of course. I've had a reasonable week doing a bit of this and that, finished my parchment piece lopped the pear tree (it looks awful ) planting some bulbs tomorrow while my energetic mood lasts and that's it really.See you soon

xxxxxxxxxxRo

I lost one of my very loved cats on Monday, it was sudden heart failure. It wasnt the one with thryoid problems, although she is not so good, hoping i dont lose her just yet. I feel so sad. He was my friend for amost 18 years and i loved him so much.