• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

home repossession and effects on health

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4166 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What lovely people you are. Just wanted to say hello. I too have a depressive illness and hard to believe only 3 weeks ago I was living in dread and fear of my debts had been for past 10 years, to ashamed to talk about it and saw a story on here and wrote something myself. I have had the most amazing support and encouragment. Ive been reading a lot on the forums and now im no longer afaid of these debt collection agencies. I am taking back control and feel empowered to do so through this site. Richard I hope you find the strength to tackle your debts through your friends on here as i have, there is light at the end of that dark tunnel. Best wishes and if i can offer any support i will gladly.

Carole

Hi star,

thank you for your encouraging post and I wish you every success in tackling your problem,it can be tricky "getting going" but you look like you have made a good start well done.I hope Richard sees your post he's had PC problems on top of everything else.

Stay strong

xxxx Ro

Im gaining strength from this site Richard and from knowing my rights, knowledge is power. I know how difficult battling depression is, its takes your strength away. Dont fear your debts Richard, I lived with the fear of them for so long. Thanks to this site i see a way forward and out. You stay strong and with us. Bless you

Little me will resu:whoo::whoo:me normal service after Tuesday mwahhhhhhhhhh to my little band of happy people and welcome to our world starblackie xxxxxxx

Lillibelle

I only know what I know cos I know it,I only give advice,I'm not legally trained nor do I pretend to be.

Im gaining strength from this site Richard and from knowing my rights, knowledge is power. I know how difficult battling depression is, its takes your strength away. Dont fear your debts Richard, I lived with the fear of them for so long. Thanks to this site i see a way forward and out. You stay strong and with us. Bless you

Thank you for your kind thoughts. I live in fear of DCA's and although i have gained some relief by talking to people on here, i still fear them, it's silly really as nothing is to be gained from it except pain. But i am so powerless or i feel that way. Did you have DCA's visiting you. what did you do as my biggest fear is some one standing on my door banging away. I know i have ridiculous ideas in my head but i am not that strong these days.

Richard,

remember IF you find a DCA on the doorstep you can tell them to (ahem GO AWAY) don't forget the guidelines about how those with a mental illness have to be treated,if you don't know them read up on them they give you a measure of protection.

Look forward to seeing you back Lilli and starblackie

xxxxxxxxx Ro

Hi Richard

Yes i have lived in fear of a knock on my door by the debt collectors, I didnt know about my rights to say they cant visit or the code of practice in relation to people with mental health problems. Now I do I am less afraid as I know I do poiwer to fight them. What I have learnt in life is that people only have power over you if you give your power away. Take your power back by learning about your rights. There is nothing these dca can do to you. There is a template to stop them visiting and things you can do to stop them harrassing you on the phone, use all the tools you can to take back control. I have spent ages reading the forums since i first posted just 3 weeks ago and i am so less afraid. I also have the suspision that i have totally fleeced by these people for a lot of years. No more, it stops now and even when i get those thoughts and doubts, usually in the night when everything feels so much worse. I will stay strong and not be bullied anymore. There is nothing to fear execpt fear itself. Stay strong I have found strength on this site.

Thank you for your warm welcome lillbelle, lovely to "met you"

Hi Richard

How are you doing today. I dont know how to do link things, still learning. I know that there is a good booklet on debts and mental health on moneysavingexpert. Are there any other particular info you need, maybe i can point you in the right direction.

Im okay bit of a wobble today thinking about the DCA awaiting a response to a CCA havent got anything yet and time is up so will be going to next stage with "account in dispute" trying not to be scared I am finding the support and advice on this site so valuable, I wouldnt be able to do it on my own.

Be strong Richard any way i can help just shout

You bet we are,hope you are not too bad today I'm having a struggle thinking straight today,OH got the PPI claim I put in knocked back.:-( It would have helped enormously.Back to the paperwork for me,I hope your day is going better.

Richard are you hanging in there ? you wanted to know how it feels when the DCA rear their head well I'll keep you posted.

Mygorgeous little band of sweethearts,,Ole Lilli has just sent the FIL off to that ole fluffy cloud in the sky......just logged on lappy to email the wider family on this planet as we did a live weblink from the service,,ooh I do look terrible when I cry,,all splodgey n snotty:(

I will be back to normal me tomorrow,,so you lot misbehave till then.

All my love as always

Lillibelle

xxxxxx

Lillibelle

I only know what I know cos I know it,I only give advice,I'm not legally trained nor do I pretend to be.

Lillibelle Sorry for your loss. Always sad to say a final goodbye. Be gentle and kind with yourself.

Know how that feels Roh, thinking straight and soory you had claim knocked back are you going to give it another go. I have put in another SAR to Barclays 3rd time lucky, looking for data going back to late 90s, just know they will say they only go back 6 years for what i rather on this site from others but know some have been lucky when taking it to court, I shall go down that road, never been to court in my life. Still first time for everything and i will give it a go, see how far i get.

How are doing Richard, find any info on mental health that is useful, if you had specfics in mind, let me know maybe able to help.

Im doing a silver jew making course went last night, hence up middle of the night because i had a lot of pain sitting there, half a dozen hot water bottles and a couple of painkillers later and its eased so im of to bed hoping to join my cats in the land of nod.

Take care all

Hope you are painless today.I miss making things I just haven't had time lately-never done jewellrey but I watch it on C+C occasionally.Yes banks really do use the standard 6 years regarding SAR.I will have to extract the PPI policy from HSBC to get anywhere and they will string that out as long as they need but I will ask.

Richard the RCS mentioned in #141 above should help,they help put together MALG for the industry also MIND there are many sites with the relevant info.Thanks for the PM but I think you may have a virus as you are sending multiples of the same message and taking my mailbox over the limit,better check your system...either that or you have a bad twitch:-) Richard sorry but I've had to knock your PM off- my inbox filling up again with multiples of the same message from earlier I'll restore it when the problem is resolved.

Take care

xxxxxxxxxxxRo

Edited by Rohannah