• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

home repossession and effects on health

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4194 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

What is this 'SANITY' of which Richard knows? I don't think I have ever come across it :) The man dying is my 'father in law' (but we live in sin) :lol: My parents passed away when I was a lot younger, I will hold his hand and be with him when he makes his final journey as I would for anyone except my own family,,in those cases Im afraid my bottle goes and I stay outside,,can't bear goodbye. My OH only lost his Mum last year,so it's going to be tough (are you getting the hint that Ole Lilli might have a toyboy?):jaw: 50 years old soon and still managing to shock my family :madgrin:

Lillibelle

I only know what I know cos I know it,I only give advice,I'm not legally trained nor do I pretend to be.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There's nowt wrong with that. :whoo: Toyboys keep you active.

They certainly do :) I've married older men but def prefer this one (it's only a few years :)

Lillibelle

I only know what I know cos I know it,I only give advice,I'm not legally trained nor do I pretend to be.

Yes, I'm a sugar mummy, too (although sometimes he acts like I'm his real mummy lol).

How's everyone today? I'm shattered - got the hedge cut yesterday, then I had to take my Mum shopping. She's almost 80, and apart from her health problems does very well. Trouble is, it takes hours!!! Got back, made tea and then got an email from Doglost to say a dog is missing in my area. Spent the rest of the evening printing off posters and putting them round town with my dog (Doberman cross psychopath). Hope the missing dog is found soon.

What sort of a day did you all have yesterday? Hope your day was good, Richard - did the sun shine for you? It was glorious here, but today's a bit cloudier. Never mind, eh? It's another thing we just can't change!

Best wishes

Janie

Aww hope the doggy gets found :( I had a terrible night,,tummy not happy so sofa surfing today :) My son and his g/f are off to Corfu tomoz so organising them,,nice jolly off to airport :) will check in later xx

Lillibelle

Bless you Janie I hope the missing dog is found,sounds like you had a busy day doing good things. :angel: How's the tummy Lilli was it something you ate ?

Hope Girly and Richard are having a good day,weather here is awful.I'm coming down from a massive panic attack at 3 in the morning:faint:where did that come from ?

xxx

I hope the dog is found, bless you janie for helping out. It's cloudy here , no sun for me. I am sorry to hear you had a panic attack Rohannah. Some times things happen out of the blue , don't worry and don't fret about it. I hope you don't have that again. Had some awful thoughts circling my mind earlioer but then i started reading the forum , helped a bit. Thought of you guys a bit better now. I hope they invent a get well immediately pill soon. best wishes guys :wink:

Hi, everyone

Pleased reading the Forum helped a bit for you, Richard. We care about you a lot, you know! A get well immediately pill is a damn good idea - I'd use it for my knee at the moment - all the exercise yesterday has really done it in! Ah, well, it could be worse, I guess. Still no sign of the missing dog. She's a springer from a farm. There's a massive black market in the south for working dogs - I hope it's not spreading up here. People pinch them and sell them on - so I'm praying she's just lost and has been taken in by someone. Fingers crosed she's found soon.

Hope your stomach's getting back to normal, Lilli, and you're taking it easy. My daughter's terrible - anything gastric, she gets in spades. Vomits like she's possessed, and as for the other..........let's not go there!

Sorry to hear you had a panic attack, Ro - it must have been awful for you. Hope you recovered from it quickly.

Awwwwww Ro sweetheart,,hope you are ok hun.....so scary xx Janie,,,the problem is my innards don't work properly and the slightest irritation I'm like the Exorcist It doesn't help that my immune system is in my boots so a bug 3 streets up finds me :) Doggy must turn up :( Richard keep reading and keep that chin up xxxxx

Lillibelle

I'm fine now thanks Lilli -my tum hates egg custards,which is a pity because I love them.I know what you mean about bugs all of them I attract them like a magnet these days.I have been spraying the place with a tea tree oil solution-it smells iffy but it makes me feel better.I'm really praying for the dog to be found, Richard don't forget the garden I got some little cyclamens today they look so happy :cheer2:

xxxx to everyone

Ro

Good Morning my darlings,,After the day from HELL:violin: ,,followed by a very very early night (7.30pm) I woke up this morning and apart from the old'jelly belly' feeling,I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better :-D Going off to LUTON to deliver the youngsters to the airport to catch a plane to Corfu...Dad in law is still in hospital,I shall go tomorrow as I don't want to hurry his demise by giving him my bug,,he has been asking for me according to the nurses,,by asking where the b**ch is ,,which is funny:lol:..Today,the sun is shining..and I hope it is with my little band of compardres,,(You lot) Richard,,you bought us all together,,how clever are you,,and it's a wonderful thing x

Janie,Ro,Girly and Richard,,have a blessed and wonderful day and remember,,it's only money :)

Lotsa luv n hugs

Lillibelle xxxxxxxxxx

Edited by Lillibelle
spelling was appalling :(

Lillibelle

Glad you're feeling chirpier today Lilli and enjoying the sunshine,it's clouded over here now but at least the laundry is dry.I'm getting ready to tackle a mound of statements :sad: I hope the rest of you are doing something more fun, I'm definitely doing some gardening tomorrow even if there is a force 9 gale outside.Richard you've been voted team leader ! Bore Da to Girly and Janie have a pleasant end to the day,only money she says sheesh :lol:

xxxx Ro

Ro..I aint got no money,,I aint gonna get no money...but what i DO have is a fight on my hands with British Gas,,they OWE me money so best they chop chop and give me da money,,it might be a pittance to them,,but it's heat in my house to me!!! Kids landed safe in the sum :)

Lillibelle

Hope everyone had a good day. Pleased you're both feeling better, Ro & Lilli; haven't heard anything from Richard & Girly today. Lilli - hope British Gas refund your money asap, and see if your son will send some nice weather over here! Love cyclamens - when I had my 40th birthday I was working in a little coffee shop, and one of the regulars - a really nice bloke who had special needs - bought me a beautiful potted cyclamen. I think it was nicest gift I ever had from someone outside the family.

Hope you all sleep well, and speak soon.

Best wishes

Janie xx

We're in the same boat I'm not hung up on money but I live with someone who thinks the word budget mean a cross between a budgie and a parrot so every few years I'm on mop up duties.You will have to lean on British Gas I had the same thing with Scottishpower a couple of years ago I had to really fight to get my money back nearly £400 and get them to lower the monthly rate,it's out and out greed with them.I hope the kids have a great time and enjoy the peace.

Telly time now for me I'm whacked.

xxxx Ro

I got a 1400 bill from BG paid for by the Energy Trust cos they 'forgot' to read my meter for 3 years despite me ringing them constantly..This time I have overpaid on DD by 107 quid and it's better in my bank earning ME interest,,not them xx

anyway,,Janie Richard,Ro and Girly gotta hit the hay............

Night night me lovelies

Lilli xxx

Lillibelle

My computer has broken down unfortunately, using a mates pc to post this. some really refreshing posts earlier. we should stick together guys that is what matters. i have no idea what cyclamens are, just did a search and found a wikipedia article , hmm so that is what they look like. Nice. Well we have some in my garden that look exactly like them. anyways too cmplicated for me. Group leader ,me, well what ever you guys say. trying to keep hopes alive. had a bit of difficult morning. but now my cousins are around so feel better.

blessings

Hello me chumlies Richard,,make sure you pop by when possible so we know you are ok,,I will get stressed otherwise,and I don't look good wringing my hands and banging my head off walls :)..........Been a strange day,,went to see Dadinlaws Dr and solicitor,,he's been given 2-4 weeks to live ..and named ME as Executor to his will !!! Why me? cos it's gonna be bloody complicated thats why !! It's his last great hurrah,but luckily my gorgeous big brother is a corporate lawyer so he came with me today and he is going to help when I need it..I don't know (obviously) what the will says yet but solicitor did indicate that he has left my OH and his brother ''financially secure''..time will tell....

Already had 2 calls and texts galore from my son.....he worries too much but took great delight in telling me they got so sloshed on tequila last night he fell in the loo and hurt his knee !!!

Ro,,,,,I won with BG,,,money is already winging it's way with a £25 addition 'for my troubles' and a new meter being fitted thursday (I want it raised up,,it's only a foot off the foor!!)

Be back later my darlings,,gonna put some dinner on,,am ravished xxxxxxxxxxxx

Lillibelle

Hi Lilli,

maybe the old man trusted you ? it's a back handed compliment maybe.Aren't you the lucky one to have a lawyer in the family and it's no bad thing to be left financially secure either it's always sad to lose someone but nice to know they cared enough to leave you something for when they have gone.Great news about the BG refund and the new meter I could do with one as well the present one is up near the ceiling-and I'm a shortie.Enjoy your dinner see you later.

If I know him,,and I do,,'financially secure' will mean 'when they are 65' My brother has done exceptionally well for himself,but his wife is the power behind his throne lol,he tends to avoid 'family' legal stuff if he can,it doesn't sit well with him...'pro bono' is not a saying he likes lol...he won't lend people money either,not unless it's got a time limit.I've got a HUGE family and some of them would expect a handout,(altho he did 'pay off' my ex,but that was to prevent him from being killed by me :)) I'm a shortbum too,,so I know how irritating it is that the world thinks we are all able to reach things, Me and BG,,I think they agree to anything to get rid of me..cos I nag and nag and nag............................zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Chat later sweetie xxxxxxxxxx

Lillibelle

Oh well it's the thought that counts :eyebrows: btw 65 comes round awful quick.A rich man in a big family well I expect he gets talked about then if he's the only one some of my family were the first on the doorstep if they got wind of a few bob,I expect like me shopping is a bit of a stretch I hate it when they stack things right up on the top shelf.....it's discrimination.I'm soooo pleased I'm not the only short person with an ability to verbalize.Loudly.

Have a good evening Lilli off to wash what's left of my hair.

Hugs Ro

Well..what a bloody ridiculous time of day to be awake,,5.30 I ended up getting up!! 2 of my cats decided to be a pain in the butt,,they've noticed my son is missing and played up,,climbing all over me half the night,,Rob got up to sort them out and no sooner had he got back to sleep they started again,,I gave up and now I'm on sofa with 3rd cuppa tea !!

Lillibelle