• Tweets

• Get rid of the car? I'm not entirely sure what you mean.    The long and short of it is, he has exponentially screwed up, not only illegally, but by lying on more than one occasion, he doesn't have a defence as if a judge looked at the evidence I'd 99. 99% win. I did everything I was supposed to, he has thus far avoided any responsibility for his actions. If it means going to court in brum of he wants to put in a defence, then so be it.    If I do as you say, and I'm presuming here that you mean send the car back to him,  if he accepts it back he then has the car, my money for the car and I wouldn't just be filing for delivery then, would I?  I'd be filing for the cost of the car plus delivery.  Or do you mean sell the car to someone else?    I think I'll take advice elsewhere as so far the advice I have had elsewhere agrees with the outcome I want, for him to collect the vehicle and refund me the money, as he is by law required to do.   
    • Public borrowing hit £35.9bn in August as the pandemic forces the government to borrow more money. View the full article
    • He's referring to the signature text which appears automatically at the bottom of every one of his posts.
    • I agree. I think you should take the refund. I think you should view this in terms of two problems. Firstly the faulty tent for which they are offering you a refund secondly, the way you were treated.   I would say that the best thing to do is to accept the refund that you are offered and then it leaves you with a much smaller problem to deal with – if you want to continue. It sounds as if you have been very badly treated. If you have got video evidence of everything which supports everything you say then you could have a basis for complaint and we could help you. However, they are offering the money and you may as well get started with that. If you don't then they may withdraw the offer of the money and then you will still have two problems to deal with which will be more complicated and more time-consuming.  
    • Hi DX really sorry but I can’t see the red stuff below 😫. What am I meant to be looking at? I will send the statute barred letter updated Nov 19 but is there something else I should be looking at? thanjs for your time much appreciated 
  • Our picks

• @curryspcworld @TeamKnowhowUK - Samsung 75 8K TV - completely broken by Currys. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426151-samsung-75-8k-tv-completely-broken-by-currys/&do=findComment&comment=5069075
      • 4 replies
    • @skinnyfoodco Skinny Foods. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426130-skinny-foods/&do=findComment&comment=5068996
      • 8 replies
    • I’m in desperate need of help

I bought some clothes online in may through Evans and paid through PayPal
      returned them all seven days later

I waited the 14days for my refund and no refund came
      I put in a dispute through PayPal but I didn’t get any emails to escalate the case - PayPal closed it. 
      evans said they couldn’t refund the money because PayPal have cancelled the refund because of the open dispute

I contacted PayPal
      they said the dispute had been closed but Evans at no point had attempted a refund.
      fast forward to today

I’ve got copies of numerous messages sent to and from twitter messages as it’s the only way I can contact them
      I’ve also contacted their customer service too
      all I get is PayPal have cancelled refund because dispute is still open.

I have proved that the dispute is closed
      I have got an email saying that if Evans sent the refund they would accept it
      but up until the date I got the email they have not once attempted a refund .

I have sent them a letter before court email
      I have even offered to have the full refund as a gift card just to get this sorted !

I’m literally at the end of my tether and don’t know where to turn next !

i suffer with mental health issues and this is affecting my health and I’d saved the money for a year to buy these clothes as I’m on a low income .
    • In desperate need of help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/425244-in-desperate-need-of-help/&do=findComment&comment=5067040
      • 29 replies

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2942 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

When visiting my local Tesco, a few days ago, I was approached by the store manager and asked to leave. When I asked why, I was told I was banned for shoplifting.

I asked for any proof of this claim and again, was asked to leave the store.

I left, promising to take this up with their Head Office, which I did by email and letter.

I received a response from them thus: "you have been monitored for the last few months and as a result, he had banned you from entering the store."

I find this a mystery as I've never been accused of shoplifting before, nor have I stolen anything. If they suspected me of shoplifting, then why haven't I been arrested for such?

What rights do I have, if any?

Thanks.

Any store has the right to ask you to leave. They should give a reason and I suppose that you could challenge that at the time, possibly in a very loud voice,

What do you mean you've been watching me - you pervs

Is it because of my being black / white / brown / yellow / male / female / gay / straight / moslem / christian / jewish / handicapped / not handicapped

I challenge you to prove that it is not because you are prejudiced against xxxxxxx and that is the real reason, because you haven't provided one

The head office should also be able to give one, they don't have to, but you could ask in your letter if it is because they are discriminating against people such as you (without giving any reason)