ESA Medical certificate experation question.

Christofington
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4250 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey, Yesterday morning I received a letter stating that my medical certificate for my ESA is about to expire and it covers from the 3rd of July to the 6th of September.

The letter states that to continue getting payments I must send one in by the 7th.

The problem is that my Doctors surgery likes to be very slow and I might not be able to get the Certificate in by the 7th.

Now my question is will this effect my ESA payment that I am due to get this week?

I normally receive my payments on Thursday, this Thursday being the 6th.

Does that mean I will still receive the payment on Thursday or will they withhold it until they receive the Medial Certificate?

Thanks for any replies.

You should be fine to be paid on Thursday 6th. ESA is paid in arrears, and every day of the payment period must be covered by a cert. Your payment is to cover the period from 24/08 - 06/09. Since your cert doesn't expire until 08/09 you're OK, but you won't receive the following payment due 20/09 until you submit a new cert.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Also, try and keep the dates your (un)fit note expires in a diary. Arrange to get a new one a week or two before the old one expires and send it in. It is up to you to ensure they always have an up to date one and they don't always write to remind you. And, as you've just found out, when they do it doesn't give you much time!

Also, try and keep the dates your (un)fit note expires in a diary. Arrange to get a new one a week or two before the old one expires and send it in. It is up to you to ensure they always have an up to date one and they don't always write to remind you. And, as you've just found out, when they do it doesn't give you much time!

This is all true. It's also worth noting that there's no problem if the certs overlap by a few days. For example, if the old cert expires on the 6th but the new one starts on the 1st, that would be fine.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.