style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4247 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Iwas caught the other day for shoplifting at a B&Q Store.

I have a few questions maybe you can help me.

Firts of all no police was called. I only took a part (blade) from a whole machine becouse I was need it desperately and they do not sell spares for that machine.

I gave the blade back and offered to buy the whole thing (L49) But they refused.

I gave my driving licence and they made a copy, and I signed a paper, accepting they banned me.

They banned me, but can I go back to their stores?

What is going to happen?

Is it going to give me a criminal record?

My old address is on my licence, but will they contact me?(becouse I have to ask who lives there to give me the letter)

Anyone with a same stoy? What happened?

Please tell me whats up, im a tradesman and I never did that before.

Based on what I've read, you get some sort of "invoice" for the cost of dealing with you.

The legalities of whether the invoice is enforceable or not are disputed.

They are quite within their rights to report it to the police, but I think other than an invoice as mentioned above, nothing will happen.

As for being banned, well, I wouldn't go back to the original one, but I doubt you'll have a problem in others. You will technically be a trespasser, but as trespass isn't a criminal offence (except for things like railways etc), all they can do is ask you to leave. They can't claim compensation via the civil method, as they won't have suffered a loss by you trespassing.

• Confused 1

Theres no dispute. The invoice is unenforceable as has been proven in court. It is a speculative invoice. Nothing more.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D