• Tweets

• Let me throw more oil on while we await Jase's confirmation that the appearance that he was being disingenuous was mistaken.   Does letting people run here in any way whatsoever resolve the issues in that persons own country? and would they allow our destitute skill-less people entry to their country and feed home and support them from their own resources once the people we vote for in corrupt deceitful outside influenced elections have turned our nation into a bled dry, over-crowded, destitute hell-hole of asset stripped poisoned land and starving children, whether through ideological design or ideological incompetence  ?  (ask Priti Patel for starters) ... particularly if there were thousands of children in their own country being fed from food banks?   and does allowing an open door policy to those claiming oppression mean those people will be generous good people who want to join and add to our society? (ask Abu Hamsa)   Extreme examples, and some might argue those examples knew exactly how to 'manage' in out society - but for me they do demonstrate we need to have a process that integrates immigrants into our society before we can define an immigration policy based on anything more than OUR societies economic and social needs.
    • No I didn’t done it through comparison website unfortunately 
    • To throw oil onto water   I agree in principle to a national wage but question 1 is, at what point would a migrant become eligible for it? On arrival is , in most cases wrong as it encourages economic tourism but if they are genuine refugees it’s different.   I think we all agree ,(well the three of us)  doing away with the hostile environment is a must.  It makes me ashamed to be a human being when I hear some of the rhetoric coming out of many Tories and other right wing mouths. Tell me, do you risk death in a freezer unit because you think staying in your country of origin is really good? 
    • Thank you for your reply....so I have this clear in my mind even if Barclays did now reply to their SAR they would not be able to follow it up with a claim due to being out of time ... the reason I ask is because I would like to push this firm and possibly try a case for negligence for a bit of sport as they clearly have not acted in my best interests....as they are solicitors it makes it even more interesting as a test case
    • No I posted the date of the hearing on the 27th October.   Andy said he would help once we had a date. I now have five weeks left.   Andy if you aren’t prepared to help please do let me know. many thanks 
  • Our picks

Tomatico

Virgin/MBNA Credit Card PPI Claim - Advice Needed

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2438 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all,

This is my first post so apologies if this has already been asked.

I've had a Virgin Credit card for 10 years and would like to claim back the PPI.

As I don't have all my bank statements to work out the total PPI I've paid,

I'd like to send off a SAR request but I'm not sure where to send it.

Should I be sending it to Virgin or MBNA?

Whichever one it is, does anyone know the address to send it to, or point me in the right direction where I can find it.

Many thanks in advance,

Dave

Address is:

MBNAlink3.gif Europe LImited

Chester Business Park

Chester

CH4 9FB

FAO: Compliance Department

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Hi all,

I'm looking to put in a claim with MBNA to reclaim my PPI but I have a few questions I'm hoping someone can help with.

I have a credit card with Virgin that I took out in September 2003.

I applied online but have no recollection of requesting PPI.

I put in a SAR and have received my pack.

Included is the details from my original application.

Against Payment Protection is a 1 which I'm assuming means yes.

Also included is the form I signed which is just a small tear off slip with no mention of PPI.

Even though the online application appears to have been ticked, should there be something else on the form that I signed? Is this sufficient to make claim?

Included in my pack was a list of all transactions upto the point the SAR was carried out.

I'd like to work out how to claim for but I'm not sure which of the calculators I should use?

Since I've had the card,

I've had a number of different interest rates.

What interest rate do I put on the spreadsheet?

The average or the most recent?

Or should I do a spreadsheet for each rate I've had?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Dave

Many lenders used pre-ticked boxes with online applications and some you couldn't continue the process of applying if you un-ticked the PPI box. This effectively made it compulsory.

Also if you have not selected PPI anywhere on your signed application then that will help you too.

The fosRunningPPI spreadsheet is the ideal one to use. For the rate of interest just use an average of the rates they were charging you.

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Hi all,

I've finally managed to go through my list of transactions from my SAR and have filled in the FOSRunning spreadsheet (a task I don't care to repeat that's for sure!). I was wondering if one of the PPI gurus would mind having a gander at it to make sure it looks OK? I've had several interest rates over the life of the card so have taken the average.

[ATTACH]42354[/ATTACH]

When I send off my PPI questionnaire do I send a printed copy of the spreadsheet too? Or leave it to see what they come back with first?

Many thanks in advance!

4 threads merged keep to this one.

yes you send the FOS CQ & the spready & a covering letter.

adapt these for the covering letter.

Dear Sir or Madam,

Re:

I am writing in relation to the above payment protection (PPI) policy which i believe was mis-sold to me in relation to my

I believe you have not treated me fairly for the following reasons;

· The PPI was added without my knowledge..

· You have been punished by the Financial Services Authority for failing to treat customers fairly and I do not believe that the PPI I bought was sold in my best interest.

Unless you can prove that the policy was fair and reasonable and that I was treated fairly when I was sold the insurance, I demand a full refund of all premiums, and subsequent interest on these payments, that I have paid in relation to this policy. I also expect 8% interest to be added to each payment I have made as this is the statutory amount a court would pay.

I look forward to your full and prompt response to this letter. If this matter is not settled within eight weeks of this letter I shall be contacting the Financial Ombudsman to investigate my complaint.

This letter is in respect of the above account that was issued by

Yours faithfully

or

The Complaints Department

[Lender’s address]

[Date]

Dear Sir/Madam,

Ref – policy number

I believe I have been mis-sold a payment protection insurance policy and would like to request a full refund of my premiums, plus interest paid.

I took out a £xxx loan/credit card at your [branch name] branch on [date] and also bought a payment protection policy which would cost me an extra £xxx over the life of the loan. [The name of the salesperson who sold me the policy is …] The total amount of my premiums plus interest is £ xxxx.

When I took out the loan, I was told that my application would be refused if I did not also buy a PPI policy. The Financial Services Authority’s advice to consumers is that, while it does not breach FSA guidelines, a borrower should not be refused a loan if they choose not to buy an insurance policy.

Possible additional paragraphs – include any which apply to you

[i also told your salesperson that I had adequate insurance cover through a separate income protection policy.]

[i said I did not need the PPI as my employer provides a generous illness and redundancy package.]

[You are not allowed to make PPI a condition of taking out the loan unless you include the costs of PPI in the quoted interest rate, which you did not do.]

[in forcing me to buy this policy, you have also breached paragraph 8.6 of the Banking Code, to which you are a signatory.]

I do not believe being forced to buy this policy as part of the loan was a fair and reasonable obligation as I did not need this insurance and said at the time of taking the loan that I did not want it.

I am requesting a full refund of all my insurance payments, plus interest, which total [£ xxx].

If I do not receive a favourable response from you I will pursue this claim through the Financial Ombudsman.

Yours faithfully,

just be aware there are several threads here whereby its contested our sheets are rwong

though those MBNA do are wrong too.

dont blindly accept what they offer.

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets