Can Barclay's Bank allow their reputation to sink any lower?

wozelbeak
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4250 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can Barclay's Bank allow their reputation to sink any lower?

You bet they can!! Barclay's bank Wroxham Norfolk.

While on holiday in the beautiful Norfolk broads, we paid a visit to the Beautiful village of Wroxham.

It was quite a dull grey day with nothing exceptional occurring in the village, just the usual excursions on the passenger boats.

The kids loved the sights as did the parents. We popped into Roy's food hall prior to us departing from Wroxham and picked up some groceries. My son and I spotted an opportunity to have a look the in guns and tackle shop, while the women got their things together. We crossed the road and turned towards the shop. We were greeted by what looked like a couple of young girls, one of which were lying on the floor and the other crying and looking very distressed. i immediately went over to ask if they were OK, when the person on the floor looked up, she was in fact a lady of about 40. The young girl was obviously with her and in quite a state of shock. I asked what had happened. She said she had fallen. i asked my son to call an ambulance, however he had no signal. I looked up and noticed we were directly outside Barclay's bank. i ran inside the bank and asked for their help. I said do you have a first aider that can help this lady? They looked at each other and told me to go to Roy's (the shop from where I had come)! i said can you call an ambulance then please? Again they told me to go to Roy's store!! I was totally livid with them and gave them a few choice words. i then had to run around to Roy's, who called the first aider's to the check out. They then allowed me to call an ambulance.

The first aider's then tended to the lady who was now sitting up, with the young girl looking a bit calmer.

I informed the small crowd that were around the lady of how unhelpful the people at Barclays bank had been.

I don't know what happened to the lady as she was in good hands when i departed. I do know this though, if Barclay's were the last bank on the planet i would rather burn my money than let those uncaring bastards deal with it.

Barclays bank shame on you yet again.

Hi Wozelbeak and welcome to CAG

One can understand reticence on the part of bank staff to open their counter in case this was a robbery stunt.

However, refusing to even call an ambulance is disgraceful. :sad:

Please let us know what response you get to your complaint about the staff at this branch.

When using an email address that's been posted on a thread, always edit it first to remove the space which our forum auto-enters.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)