Court hearing

grace sherlyn
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4244 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

just need an advice my husband received a letter of benefit fraud.because of honest mistake to claim benefit and provide information that i am there in england,but im still in cyprus,but he applied without me being thre yet as i am still processing my visa to go and join him thre,he did nt realize that its a mistake of applying benefits and providing information that i am thre with him as he expected that i wil be thre by august this year.ita an honest mistake and he regret of doing that.they sent him a letter o go to court.does he really need to go to court without proper investigation.?if so what is he facing regarding this offence,its his first offence and did not receive any single amount from the government yet as he jst applied aug of 2012.what are the possible decision would b made regarding ths case.is he gonna go tomprison or pay a penalty,i am pregnant and very stress about it and im not even there to support him.

i hope u advice me about this

thank you

Hi Grace. The timeline in your post doesn't make sense. If he only claimed in August of this year, it would be near to impossible for an investigation to have taken place, for the legal department to consider the investigative findings and to summon him to court all within the space of a month. In order to try and help you could you please answer the following questions:

1. What benefit did your husband claim and when?

2. What exactly does the letter say? Please type it out or scan a copy in (remove personal details)

We may need to ask more questions of you as we go on but for the moment, this is what we need to know.

• Confused 1

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

hi thanks for the reply,i just found out from my husband tht he did received 80 pounds all together started aug 12,of this year.......i have done my own research about this,and i realy asked him what happened,coz he was afraid to tell me and for me nt to worry coz of being pregnant.but it stopped now.i asked him to send me a copy of that letter through my email.its benefit fraud ,but i dont knoow yet the exact details..his going to appear on court sept.26.thats why i am asking coz i myself is confused about this matter.because i know its impossible to have an investigation so quickly.i just wnt to ask if he pays back all this money,and admit his fault.is he going to pay any more penalty,or go to prison?if ever he does pay,can he travel back in cyprus because i need him here.i am alone here and i dont have anybody.

thank you

grace

Is there any possibility there could be more to it than this, for a start it would be unusual for them to prosecute someone that has only been 'overpaid' 80 pounds, apart from everything else they would be more likely to give a caution or penalty. And that would be after an IUC at least. It would cost way more than 80 pounds to take someone to court.

Just wondering....

Is there any possibility there could be more to it than this, for a start it would be unusual for them to prosecute someone that has only been 'overpaid' 80 pounds, apart from everything else they would be more likely to give a caution or penalty. And that would be after an IUC at least. It would cost way more than 80 pounds to take someone to court.

Just wondering....

Agreed, there's more to this - although, of course, the OP may not know the full story. But to go from claim date on 12/08 to a court date on 26/09 would be astonishing. I'm with Erika: we need to know exactly what this letter says.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.