How to cancel !2 month sim only deal hutchinson 3 :-)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4250 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guys,

Just wanted to make people aware of this...

My current three contract is due to expire in the next 30days..Ive already bought a new phone on payg - samsung galaxy s3 and signed up for a 12 month sim only deal also with three. I signed up for the new sim (£12.90 pm, 600mins, 1Gb data, 2000 free to three calls , 5000 sms) contract in-store, I thought was a bargain at the time!!. Anyway about 4 days later I received a call from three customer service offering me a deal if I extend my current contract. I told her I wasn't interested but still offered me a deal..a free samsung galaxy ace with same deal as before but unlimited data for £11 per month..I said ill take the offer however I just need to cancel the 12month deal I just took out. She said she could do that no problems..but about 5mins later said she could because I signed upto the sim contract in store (a big no no). If I had done it via website or phone call I can cancel due to 14 day grace period and distance sellers regs.. but because I purchased in-store I couldn't cancel!! Anyway I soon learnt if i ring customer services back and complain I'm not getting a decent signal I can cancel :-)

So I told them I work at the postcode of my gym (I don't !!) - where noooobody on any network gets a signal..they ran a quick test to confirm. He said if they cant resolve the issue in the next 5 days I can cancel the contract at no charge to myself due to the coverage policy!!

Anyway im on day 2 of waiting so will let you guys know how i get on :-)

Main point - Buy a contract over the phone or internet - As you then get 14days grace and alot more leeway

hope this helps somebody

Edited by jgr160405

ALL big purchases I try to order online or over the phone. Distance Selling Regulations give 10 working days (so 14 days in most cases, unless there is a bank holiday or Christmas extending that) to confirm you are not happy and so you can return it. The maximum you can be charged is the postage back (and they can insist on insured postage I believe).

Most networks have a "coverage policy" though, so there is a good hint for ya there ;) Hopefully you'll get a good deal this way, but I don't know if they'll offer you the reduced deal if you've left them due to no service?

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Hi,

That was whole whole point.. I have my expiring 24 month contract and the newly purchased 12 month contract..3 aren't smart enough to link both accounts. I told a white lie to get out of the contract.. I don't work at my gym postcode, I work about 40 miles away, but I told them I do so I could cancel the contract due to coverage network policy. Its not like they are going to send out an engineer to investigate..They can't prove I don't work at the gym etc

******UPDATE*****

3 network team just called saying they have done some testing and can confirm I don't get the best coverage at my (so called) work place..they offered me a signal booster @ £50 which I declined and then offered me a cancellation :-)

Sorted..Can now take the better offer of free phone and better, cheaper package..I can live with the fact my phone doesn't work at the gym!!

Happy days peeps

Edited by jgr160405