style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4224 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm moving home this Saturday and wanted to take my O2 home phone and broadband package with me.

I've recently signed up to a new 12 month contract (with 50% off my broadband for 12 months) and, having experienced no major gripes or service problems with O2 over the previous year, decided to contact them today to discuss moving my package to my new address.

The phone call started off well and I was informed of the £43 re-connection fee ( as expected) along with the disconnection date for this Friday (as requested)... however when I was informed that my service would not start to be moved until the 18th October, I felt a little bit shocked! Furthermore, I will be expected to wait an additional 10 -14 days for my broadband and phone line to be up and running!

Reluctantly I proceeded and was offered a free dongle which I can use if I top it up myself...

"hmmm, post it to my new address" I said "Flat number 1..."

I was then told that my address couldn't be found and that O2 would not be able to provide me with a service at all! And as easy as that he informs me my account will now be closed on Friday and an envelope to send the router back will sent out to me.

Charming!

o2 bought or merged with BE (who were at the time rated the best customer service in broadband, and the best speed in broadband using a BT line) so I'm surprised that you've had an experience like this. Still, if their customer service skills have been reduced to this level, I bet you're glad to be shot of them :)

Do you need some advice on providers? or on getting broadband set up at the new flat?

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Ultimately I think it's ridiculous to have to wait 2 months to get connected. It's either O2 being incompetent or BT dragging their feet (or a combination of both)

If they can't find my address registered on the Openreach network then no fixed line telephony provider in the UK will be able to offer me phone and broadband... I've emailed Roayl Mail to see if my flat address is listed in their postal lists correctly as it was originally a single large building now split into separate flats.

If you could give me any way to get connected cheaply and quickly then I'd be much appreciative

If you need a landline, BT is probably a good port of call. Try to order a line through their website as if you do need a new line they charge £40 online where it's £130 normally.

If you don't need a landline there are mobile broadband options. 1st lets see what masts are in your area, go to http://www.sitefinder.ofcom.org.uk/search and see what providers have a mast close to your new flat. If you need wifi in your new flat, you can buy a "mifi" router (which is basically the same as a phone line router that just uses a SIM instead of a phone line) and you can pick one cheap enough thrugh ebay, or even Amazon or get one on a contract thrugh Three (as they signed a deal with the maker of these devices, they are the only UK supplier of them). If you have a Three mast relatively close to your flat I would be tempted to order over the phone just after you move in. You can cancel within the 1st 14 days if the signal is not good enough.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar