Letter confirming offer of job?

vicky87
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4224 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My partner has been on JSA for quite a while now, its harder for him to find a job than others because he cannot read and write very well (though is currently learning but it will take a while)

This weekend we found out that a friend who owns a furniture shop has fired his delivery driver, and would be willing to give my partner the job if he had his license. my partner currently has his provisional and has done 10 hours worth of lessons, but both being out of work right now, he hasnt been able to afford to finish the lessons/go in for the test.

A while back, the jobcentre told him that if he was guaranteed a job at the end of a course or whatever, they would be able to pay for the course, if given proof that the job was waiting for him. We mentioned this to our friend and he said he would be willing to write a letter stating there is a guaranteed fulltime job waiting if my partner has his full driving license, and to sign any necessary documentation if needed from the jobcentre. but he doesnt know what to actually put on the letter. I'm wondering if anyone else has experience of doing one of these letters, or if theres a template anywhere that can just be altered to obviously change the job description/hours worked/etc to tailormake it for this particular job offer.

i think you will find it difficult to get them to pay for driving licence/test, etc....but worth a go, nothing ventured nothing gained...you just need to confirm that the job is available to you, providing you can supply a driving licence and the job is yours..

you say jcp said they will pay for course? he is on a course at the moment? and does this include driving?

He is not on a course right now. The firm that his brother works for was taking on staff but they needed their security badge and that, and the jobcentre said they would fund that if he brought proof that he had a job at the end of it. Unfortunately the position was filled very quickly, they couldnt hold the job open for him. So we just thought that any kind of qualification or anything that would get him a job would be funded...he can at a push maybe pay for half of it himself, but no way can we afford the whole thing, ot while on benefits.

He has to go and sign today so hes going to ask if driving is included. I dont see why not if he is guaranteed a job after it...as he will likely be on JSA for longer than other people due to reading and writing dificulties and it would be a lot cheaper for them in the long run to help him get this job, will cost maybe 300 at the most for the rest of his lessons and his tests. This is 5 weeks or so JSA money.

Nope they dont fund driving lessons. Shame because I think it will take ages for him to find a job now, since hes going to have to do loads of reading/writing courses before most employers would even consider him.