time between return of goods and mandatory refund???

h00vertime
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4229 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i bought some rather large disco speakers from an online store and half way through the first use they packed in, but since have started working again. As i gig frequently this kind of reliability i can not afford so i contacted the store and explained i would like to return them under the distance selling regulations and the store apologised, agreed and arranged a courier to collect them.

since they have been collected over a week ago though i havnt heard anything from the store and neither has my bank account been re-credited.

is there a time frame in which they have to reply with either a reason to not give me a refund and then send the product back or issue me a refund??

regards, G

• 2 weeks later...

Basically no there is not a statutory specific time limit, only that it should be a reasonable amount of time. Have you tried contacting the store as I would assume that reasonable period would be up by now.

Ex-Retail Manager who is happy to offer helpful advise in many consumer problems based on my retail experience. Any advise I do offer is my opinion and how I understand the law.

thanks, i have since found this... does it apply?

taken from the citizens advice bureau website...

Getting your money back

If you have already paid for the goods or services, whether in full or with a deposit, the law says the trader must refund all your money within 30 days of you cancelling the agreement.

The refund should include any delivery charges you paid. However, you may be responsible for the cost of returning any items to the seller. If this was in your terms and conditions, you will have to pay to return the items. The seller can deduct this cost from the amount they repay you.