VODAFONE allowed my phone to be used even once I reported it stolen

DC1982

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3544 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am wondering if anyone can let me know if this has happened to them also as I am feeling very distressed and upset at the moment.

I had my phone stolen last Saturday 25th August and reported it stolen as soon as possible after the theft in an shop once I got home. Probably about 30 mins after the act. I spoke to Vodafone reported it stolen and they told me they would put a block on the phone and sim.

I then went down the route of an upgrade rather than insurance for a new phone as I was due an upgrade anyway and this would mean I would not have to pay for the claim on insurance. Anyway I managed to get my phone on Friday after days of delays from the courier company. I managed to get them to let me collect in store due to the delays etc.

Today I receive a call saying my phone had been suspended as in the past week I had spent £2,000 on the phone! After a few minutes they realised that the person doing my upgrade had taken the block off my phone and so for the last week those horrible criminals had been using my phone freely until I got my new phone on Friday.

I feel sick to the stomach that this has happened as they have been using my identity and phone with all my details and pictures etc and I want an explanation. In fact when I did get my new phone I did hear a few strange voicemails and texts but thought nothing of it. Now I know why. SOmeone had been using my phone. Has this happened to anyone else?

Edited by citizenB
formatting

What has been the response from Vodafone ?

I then went down the route of an upgrade rather than insurance for a new phone as I was due an upgrade anyway and this would mean I would not have to pay for the claim on insurance.

Why would you have had to pay to claim on the Insurance ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Follow the instructions below in order to obtain help from the Vodafone Rep who looks after CAG.

Hi
CAG
link31.gif
members,

We thought it would be nice to introduce ourselves and to assure you all that our presence on
CAG
link31.gif
is with the very best of intentions.

vodafone
UK has recently introduced a dedicated Web Relations Team which is keen to seek out customers who’re having difficulties with their accounts and feel that they have no other place to turn to than CAG and other consumer forums and blogs.

Naturally, it’s not possible for us to help directly with account specific queries on CAG and as such we would encourage those members who feel we can help them to contact us privately at

(no spaces)

quoting ‘WRT135 – CAG Forum’ in the subject line to ensure that it reaches the Web Relations Team.

When emailing us we would also ask that you either provide us with a link to your post or thread – if you’ve posted in another member’s thread please also provide your CAG username so that we can check what your query is.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Do you know I have no idea. Good point. They said I would have to pay an excess fee of £25 or something. Don't quote me on the amount but they definitely told me I would have to pay something for the claim. I have had someone call me back this afternoon to say a manager would call me back within 48 hrs. It is a total breach of privacy and security.

See post number 3 :)

BCOBS

• 2 weeks later...
Do you know I have no idea. Good point. They said I would have to pay an excess fee of £25 or something. Don't quote me on the amount but they definitely told me I would have to pay something for the claim. I have had someone call me back this afternoon to say a manager would call me back within 48 hrs. It is a total breach of privacy and security.

Hi DC1982,

I can appreciate your concerns here and hope that the promised call back took place with a solution being reached.

However, in the event that you're still in need of assistance could you email me with your details via the Contact us form here quoting the code WRT135 - CAG Forum in the subject line?

Once sent you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. To ensure that it reaches me could you update the thread with this and I'll get back to you as soon as I can?

What has been the response from Vodafone ?

Why would you have had to pay to claim on the Insurance ?

Hi citizenB,

When making a successful claim customers will be liable to pay an excess fee which will range from £15.00 to £50.00 depending on the policy which is determined by the phone the customer has.

Should you require any further information please see our website here.

Thanks,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

Hi citizenB,

When making a successful claim customers will be liable to pay an excess fee which will range from £15.00 to £50.00 depending on the policy which is determined by the phone the customer has.

Should you require any further information please see our website here.

Thanks,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

Thanks for this explanation, Lee :)

BCOBS