Three not helping

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3681 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all.....approx 10 months ago I got myself a new 3 mobile contract with a blackberry 9810 torch.

Initially all was well. The battery stopped lasting and they replaced it. Ok then.

Now and on my fifth battery it will barely last one day.

So I visit the store...they will send it away but cannot loan me a phone. Apparently theydont have any. They tell meto call customer service....he says the same. They will send it away.

In the meantime i will be left withouta phone and paying a monthly bill which i cannot use.

Ok then in the circumstances upgrade my phone....i will even pay. NO. You will have to buyanew phone.

This is ****ing priceless. RIP OFF BRITAIN AGAIN.

Follow their complaints code (outlined here) Tell them that you wish to escalate the complaint to the ombudsman if they are unwilling to help.

The contract is for the sim, and the package, not the handset (and that is likely to be their stance) but I would argue that 5 batteries obviously shows the handset was not "fit for purpose" and they have a duty to remedy this.

I think their attempt at a solution will be to credit your account with a small sum to compensate you for the period you are without a phone.

Few tips for you:

1 Take photos of the inside and of your phone, include the sticker with your IMEI, and any moisture indicators (probably one on the battery, and one inside the battery compartment) so if it gets returned scratched, you can kick their butts :p

2 Remove you memory card! These get "lost" in transit a lot!

3 Backup all your contacts and important messages / emails. They may wipe your phone.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

• 1 year later...

I have tried resolving a complaint with three since Aug 2013. Eventually I went to the Ombudsman.

Trying to get them to even do anything has been the most stressful experience of my entire life.

Eventually they have given three the chance to completely screw me evn further and wont even listen to my part of the story.

I complained to a manager who informed me that the case investigator would contact me before proceeding.

He didnt...I contacted them again.

He still didnt contact me.....then months later I got an email out of the blue explaining what he thought the solution would be.

Claimed to have been trying to phone me. He was calling a number on a handset which I had returned to three 5 months ago.

The email basically said that they would replace the handsets etc. i rejected it based on the fact that part of my complaint has been the continuous promises of replacement handsets never materialising.

I explained that I would rather have my 2 iphone accounts closed and 1 replacement ipad.

My latest email states that they are proposing to replace the 2 iphones and close my ipad account.

I have long since replaced the handsets via an alternative provider. I really wanted a replacement ipad.

I jut cant get any where with the ombudsman. They seem to be firmly on the side of three and completely not interested in my actual complaint or the disgraceful way in which I have been treated.

They are now continuously sending me bills, debt letters and reporting defaults on my credit file.

I dont know what to do any more. The ombudsman seem so obstructive.

You sure it wasnt the adjudicator

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Is this the Financial Ombudsman ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

You might be able to escalate to a more senior person - The Financial Ombudsman have a first tier adjudicatior, then the Ombudsman proper. It might be the same with this particular Ombudsman service.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Ombudsman Services : Telecoms

This is the new name for Otelo.

IMO they are just a toothless qango. If you have justification you can always take your complain to the courts, but you will have to prove three's failings and your losses.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

They wont even ask for my proposal to be considered. They have decided what should be done and they are basically giving three an easy way out without compensating me in any way whatsoever for all the inconvenience I have had and the endless amount of time I have been on the phone without resolution.

My local three store manager was on the phone once for 1hr 40 mins and still they havent even resolved anything.

The Ombudsman wont even take this into consideration and all the money it has cost me spending hours on the phone. All the money it has cost me replacing 2 phones which I havent had since last october.

They have promised me over and over again that they have sent replacement handsets....it has never happened.

I AM DISGUSTED AT ALL THIS..............I AM JUST ANOTHER CUSTOMER GETTING SCREWED

Hi Gav

These are values set out by the Ombudsman Service Board:-

• courteous;
  • independent;
  • accessible
  • effective and
  • consistent.

Clearly if they have failed you in regards to any of the above, write a Formal Letter of Complaint mark it as such. Explain what's happened, how they have let you down and what you want them to do. Send any evidence you have.

If you want them to look at your case again, pick whole's in what they are saying.

Send it to:-

Dame Janet Finch

Chair of Ombudsman Services

Ombudsman Services

The Brew House

Wilderspool Park

Greenall's Avenue

Warrington

WA4 6HL