I'm new! Having problems with Cabot

gwraigmel
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4254 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a debt management plan with FCH.

Several months ago I got a phone call from Cabot,

they asked me for the usual information to see if they were talking to the right person,

but when it came to my date of birth they said it didn't match.

I left it at that assuming they have to wrong .......

A couple of months after that I got a phone call from FCH asking if I could send in a copy of my drivers licence

to have the proof of my date of birth as Cabot were insisting they have the right person.

I sent it in, and FCH as well as myself were told it was to do with my barclay card debt. We thought nothing of it after this and thought all was going well .... until!!!

On the 30th August (2012) FCH contacted me to say they'd had a phone call from Cabot saying they had given the wrong reference number,

FCH thought they were paying my barclay card account but the reference number cabot had given them was for an ambrose wilson account!!

This ambrose wilson account is not mine.

I phoned Cabot in regard to this and I was told by them this must be my account,

I answered by saying no of course!!

I actually got clever and asked .... have you got a previous address for me?

Their answer was yes..... they gave the address and I said now that's impossible as I have lived at my current address for 20 years plus!

I know there is a ...... who lives a few miles away from me (although I don't know her personally) and this is her address.

So what the stupid idiots have done is,

manipulated the date of birth and address to make this debt mine!

Instead of doing what their supposed to be doing and looking for the person the debt belongs to! It's fraudulent!

I have made several frustrating phone calls to them,

I've been told I'm a liar as most clients say it's not them in order not to pay their debt.

The e mail address they have for this person is nothing similar to mine!

I do not have a previous address and it's not me!!

Their reply was well it must be linked to you on the experian report. I said no, that the blame is with Cabot.

They have made fraudulent changes to an account to make it mine, and to top it off I've been paying this ambrose Wilson account since December as they'd given the wrong reference to FCH.

So... I went on Experian and downloaded my credit report (as it's free for 30 days)

and there is no link to any previous addresses on my report nor this account that they are talking about.

When I pointed all this out to them they said well this isn't proof of me being me.

They have told me my drivers licence is not proof of who I am and they want a copy of my tenancy agreement as proof!

It's ridiculous with them! They have been rude to me and have manipulated information to suit their greed in order to gain payments of a debt that does not belong to me!

since my date of birth did not match the name they should have continued to search for the right person,

just because I have the same name does not make it me!

Their response for having a different date of birth was,

well people lie about their date of birth all of time in order not to pay off their debt!!

This other ...... is 30 years older than me! I'm 38!!!

I told them the onus is upon them to find the right person but they just say they've put it with their trace department

but obviously if they don't find anything wrong then the debt will be mine! I said no it won't!

They have apparently put *my* account on hold for 28 days,

I have told them no ... that they can put it on hold indefinitely until they find the correct person to go with that account!

Their answer was... that's if you're telling the truth!

I have told them they will look like fools at the end of this and I will be expecting an apology from everyone

I have spoken to as I have been accused of being a liar and they stole my identity!!

I will be writing to the FSA as well as the financial ombudsman but if anyone has anything else to add that I can do then please contact me!!

I hope I get compensation for the hell they've put me through!!

Julie

firstly

FCH?, not a fee paying DMP i hope?

if so dump them do it yourself or se CCCS or payplant.

they are FREE.

i do also hope that ALL you debts through the plan SHOW on your cra file

and

you have CCA'd them BEFORE you started to pay them

now crapbot.

IGNORE THEM

you should NEVER EVER converse on the phone about your debts!!

least of all with ANY DCA - they have NO LEGAL POWERS

they are NOT BAILIFFS and are trying to spoof you.

STOP USING THE PHONE!!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi. Welcome to CAG.

The first thing you MUST to is stop talking to them on the phone. They can and will say what they like to extract payment from you. As you have seen.

The next thing is the prove-it letter. This contains instruction to communicate only in writing.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=11570893&postcount=2

That should get you irrefutable proof that the debt is not yours. (I.e. a credit agreement with an address you never lived at). In your case I would consider a SAR too - it might get evidence of them changing the D.O.B. on the account.

Once you have gathered the evidence I might consider action for fraud.

Certainly complaints to the OFT and Trading Standards. To complain to FOS you must first raise an official compliant with Cabot. They have 8 weeks to issue their final reply and then you can take it to FOS.

Please - KEEP IT IN WRITING!