Robinson Way

Derv
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6406 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello People - my first post here so please be gentle!

I was searching the internet for information regarding a DC company called Robinson Way, when I found this forum and hoped someone could offer me advice

Whilst away on holiday a couple of months ago during a phone call home, my son informed me that someone called Robinson Way had been trying to contact me. He said they seemed "very keen" to speak to me, but wouldn't disclose what it was about. Upon arriving home there was a letter from said company waiting for me

They informed me that they had been authorised by Powergen to collect an outstanding debt from me, for gas used at my previous address in Lytham St Annes. I was a little confused by this, because I've lived at my present house in Wigan for 30 years, and have never been to Lytham St Annes in my life! Also powergen do not supply my gas - British Gas do. I rang Robinson Way to inform them that a mistake had been made, and the attitude of the girl I spoke to was dreadful. She made me feel like ****, intimated that was lying and said, "We get people like you ringing us every day"

I was quite worried about what would happen next so I thought the best thing to do would be to send proof of my length of tenacy at this address and also that of my gas supplier. I did this by photocopying the relevant pages of my mortgage agreement dated 1976 and recent Gas bills from British Gas. I also enclosed a letter infoprming them of the mistake and hoping that the situation would now be resolved. I never heard anything from them for a few weeks, so I assumed the matter was now closed.

However, yesterday I received yet another letter from them, informing me that the debt was still outstanding and that, "Despite several letters, telephone calls and visits from our representives", they'd been unable to contact me. I think the fact that I work from home and I'm here all day every day illustrates what liars they are!

As soon as I read the letter I became very angry and rang them immediately, which in retrospect wasn't a good thing to do, I wish now I'd waited until I'd calmed down a bit and was thinking more clearly. The chap I spoke to hadn't even looked at the letter and photocpoies I'd sent before ringing me, and he did't seem to care. During the conversation he asked me where my mother lived, to which I asked what the hell has she got to do with this - he never answered. For his information I told him that my mother had been very ill and now lived in a home where she'd resided for 12 months. After his reference to my Mum I became quite upset and ended the conversation, telling him that it appeared no matter what I told them, they were going to continue with the pursuit of this debt so if it terminated in a court case so be it.

After the call, I began to wonder why he'd referred to my Mother and what the connection may be, so I got out some of the paperwork my sister and I had amassed after we gave up her house and paid all of the outstanding bills to powergen & BT etc. My sister and I took care of all the affairs and the keys to her house in Liverpool were sent back to the landlord. And that was when it struck me, her ex-landlord's office is in Lytham St Annes and that is where the connection is. The landlord took the keys to the house back in November 2005, the debt in question is for a period around May 2006. It seems to me that a subsequent tenant has been a bit naughty about paying their bills, so Powergen have sent the bill to the landlord, who in turn have told them that my mum was the last tenant. My name and address has obviously arisen due to dealings when we wound up mums affairs and the house.

I'm getting really quite worried about this now, I've never been in debt in my life and really hate the thought of ending up on some debtors list due to no fault of my own. I have thought of legal advice, but that costs, so thought I'd ask here for advice first. Anything anyone can offer would be extremely welcome and appreciated.

Sorry it's such a long one for my first post !

Derv

The First Thing Is To Contact Powergen Ask For The Relevent Dates And A Copy Of The Bill To Be Forwarded To You As Your Mother Used To Live There But No Longer Does . Then When You Have The Relevent Dates Send Them A Letter Stating Your Case That Your Mother Left Before The Date Concerned .apart From The First Phone Call Get Everything On Paper As They Could Backtrack On What They Say

Deal With Powergen Not The Debt Collectors

They Have No Power To Do Anything Anyway

If They Call Do Not Let Them In

Contact Your Local Mp If You Are Worried They Can't Come After You For Your Mothers Bill Or Harrass The Elderly

Guest littlesally

Ditto above, also I would make a complaint about the first girls attitude and the fact they say they've tried to contact you (when they clearly haven't) and ignored your letter.

Send it recorded delivery, then they can't say they didn't receive it. Ask them to reply in writing too, you don't want any confusion over "memory" - or lying.

Don't stress about it though, as it will make things worse and you won't think straight. Everything can be proved, moving out dates, who lived where, etc. Not really sure why the bill has come to you if they think it's for your mum, anyway!Relax, it's them who will look the idiots.

Thanks for the replies so far - much appreciated. I've been to see my sister tonight and we've been thorugh all of the paperwork involved with giving up Mum's house. We have acknowlegement of the final bills from Powergen at the end of December 2005. We have however found another bill which was overlooked, dated May 2006 for the amount that Robinson Way say I owe. This reinforces the fact that it's neither Mum's debt nor mine as it's well after the date she ceased to live at the address, and also well after all the outstanding payments had been settled. It looking more like someone moved into the house after she left and amassed the debt. Unable to track the person responsible, Powergen have kicked it back to the landlords who in turn have shafted me with it.

I rang Powergen earlier tonight in an attempt to make them see reason but to no avail - I received the same stone wall attitude as did from Robinson way. This thing now has me quite worried.

After discussion with my sister I've decided to seek professional legal advice before they send the bailiffs knocking on my door! Although, why I should have to stump up to protect myself from these people when I've already told them and proved it isn't my debt mystifies me - I thought we were all innocent until proven guilty......apparently not. Kind of destroys your faith in the law that is supposed to protect us.

Thanks anyway guys

Derv

Derv why on earth are you worried? The debt is not yours - you have never lived in Lytham and you can prove it. Bollox to the fools. And as for stumping up forget that hun. Take legal advice if it makes you feel better. But if it was me I would also write to Powergen setting out the situation, explaining that you were stonewalled and saying that you were taking legal advice as a result and would look to them for the costs. Write to the nincompoop Robinson Way in the strongest terms. You need to put the whole thing in writing and then report both companies to the appropriate authorities. Dont get mad get flippin even!

Arachnae, the problem is that I have already proved to them that I've lived at this address for 30 years by sending them a copy of my original mortgage agreement. I've also sent them proof that they don't even supply my gas, yet they still hound me. I really don't know what else to but go to a solicitor. I know nothing of debt matters having never been there so I'm not famillar with the workings of what will happen now, for all I know the next knock on my door will be the bailiffs!

Derv

Guest littlesally

Derv, if the bailiffs do come, DO NOT let them in, even if the police are with them. Legally you do not have to, but once you do they can force their way in any other time. Don't mean to scare you, just thinking of worst case scenario.

The bailiffs won't be round because they would need a court order for that.

If this gets that far the judge will take one look at it and throw the whole lot back into Powergen's face, order costs against them and, if you've filed a counterclaim for distress, a tidy sum for you. They know if they go that far they're in for a hammering so they won't.

Complain, in writing, to Powergen, copy it to those nerds at RWay. You could also send a copy, with a covering letter, to Ofgen the power watchdog.

Dont take any more bulls*** from these companies.

Don't Send The Bailiff Your Personal Details Deal With Powergen By Letter (registered Post) And Demand Compensation For The Stress And Harassment This Has Caused You Andyour Family This Will Be More Than The Bill And As Stated By Nailpost Copy It To Ofgen

Send A Letter To One Of These Programs On Tv Watchdog Or Whoever

Do yourself a favour and hand it over to Energywatch or call them on 08704211819. I guarantee that will be the last you hear of it. I work in the industry but definitely not for PowerGeN, BGAS or any of the other so called big suppliers.

Please note even if you let the bailiffs in once they can not force they way in at subsquent visits!!!!!!!

I have written extensively about the rites of access to property's on other threads.

If any body worried about this I sugest you seek advice from a good CAB worker. If not PM, I deal with this sort of thing all the time at work, esp police and access rights!

Derv if you go to CAB they will helpyou with this matter and you wont have to pay hefty fees to a solicitor, however if you do decide to seek legal advice many solictors offer the first half hour free, andmany will do 1 letter for you for free or for a small charge!!!

The best thing is not too worry.

Allyxia

KEEP FIGHTING FOR YOUR MONEY - EVEN WHEN IT GETS TOUGH

The Banks are somewhere which lends you an umberella when it is sunny, and takes it away when it rains

HSBC £1200 - Settled in Full

Cap 1 2 X £100 - Settled in Full

Nationwide £1641 - Settled in Full inc Default and CCJ Removed by Court Order

NatWest £2215.60- Settled in Full and Removed Default Natice

Woolwich £3690 - Settled in Full

ok. just didnt want her forking out for solicitors unnecessary!!!

I'll stand facing the corner with my fingers on my lips

Allyxia

KEEP FIGHTING FOR YOUR MONEY - EVEN WHEN IT GETS TOUGH

The Banks are somewhere which lends you an umberella when it is sunny, and takes it away when it rains

HSBC £1200 - Settled in Full

Cap 1 2 X £100 - Settled in Full

Nationwide £1641 - Settled in Full inc Default and CCJ Removed by Court Order

NatWest £2215.60- Settled in Full and Removed Default Natice

Woolwich £3690 - Settled in Full

Ozzy thanks very much for your help - a voice of reason in sea of beaurocratic confusion. All is now sorted, cant' thank you enough. Also thanks ever so much to everyone else who replied with words of help. It just illustrates how easily an innocent person can be held responisble for something for which they have no blame

Very best respects to everyone

Derv