• Tweets

• HI   Firstly the parking in front of your drive, do you have a pavement with a Drop Kerb in front of your property to access your driveway, if so are they infringing on the Drop Kerb? (note your can ask the council to to paint a white line with lines at the end on the road in front of the drop kerb please note there may be a cost from the council to do so)   As for the CCTV look at this ICO link: https://ico.org.uk/your-data-matters/domestic-cctv-systems-guidance-for-people-using-cctv/   Due to the new DPA/GDPR if you have CCTV on your Property and it views outside of that Properties Bounderies they then need to register as a Data Controller with the ICO.   So I would make a Formal Complaint in writing to the Councils Data Controller, ICO (specifically asking if this individual is Registered with them as a Data Controller) & Police, you need to keep a good paper trail of this individuals actions.   I hope this individual knows the Law on Harassment as from your thread that is the impression I get is no matter what you do they will find something else to complaint about.  
    • Most guarantees are not transferable anyway to the new owner so why a solicitor should request it is pointless.The quotes should suffice to prove the work was carried out.   Andy
    • Apologies for the prolonged radio silence!   To cut a very long story short, I went back to Barclaycard (because I bought the car with my VISA card) and they offered to repair the car at a cost of £2500.   We accepted the offer because we were advised that even if we went to court and won the case, there was no guarantee that the dealer would give us our money back anyway or would end up paying us £10 a week for the next umpteen years.   The decision to have the car repaired was also made in the light of the fact that apart from the gearbox issue the rest of the car was in good nick. It is running fine after nearly 4 months now, so even if our friend gets a few more years out of it it will have been worth it.   Now that it is all settled I can reveal the name of the dealer - it was Thatcham Motor Company, in Thatcham, Berks. Very pleasant to deal with at first whilst everything was ok but boy oh boy, beware if anything goes wrong!   Similarly Momentum Warranties who provided the 6 months "warranty". On paper this warranty apparently covers practically every conceivable fault that the car might develop until you try to make a claim!   It seems that only if a component physically breaks that any cover is provided, otherwise they will hide behind the "fair wear and tear" get-out clause. Can an ECU unit be subject to wear and tear?   I would not touch either of these outfits again with the proverbial barge pole. Buyer beware!   One further thing I forgot to mention. We ran up considerable expenses trying to sort all the issues - the engineer's reports, travel costs etc.   Is it too late to try to claim these back from the dealer now? I just ran out of energy by the time Barclaycard agreed to pay for the repair but now the dust has settled I am up for it again!   Would this have to be done via the Small Claims Court?
    • no rush yet not due for 3 weeks as per andyorch's information above   i'm sure we'll get time before then.   dx  
    • There is a space for comment on the N180 where you can state that you wish to object to any request by the Claimant for an "on the papers" hearing. I wouldn't worry about the permits term, as the non-display of a permit is not the apparent cause for action against you. Have you sent them a CPR request for documentation?
  • Our picks

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2599 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I have made a claim against an organisation, and when the organisation sent their defence they claimed to have changed their name. However looking on the companies website (which is updated regularly) there is no information on any name change.

In short I believe this to be false. What would you advise I do?

Also am I correct in saying that only the Certification officer can change an organisation's name?

I'd need more information to understand the relevance. I don;t think name changes matter; selling the business on might.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

Any director can order the change of a company name as long as they have a majority share or vote share. `this has to be communicated to Companies House and potentially a new Registered Number would be allocated. You acn always Trade As as different name as long as the holding company name stays the same.

I am not a legal professional or adviser, I am however a Law Student and very well versed areas of Employment Law. Anything I write here is purely from my own experiences! If I help, then click the star to add to my reputation :)