Esa and housing benefit?

cupcake69
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4252 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

if its same as way IB works then yes, but not all of the money. But it depends on indidivual circumstances. On mine anything above the JSA level for housing benefit calculation is considered as excessive income, this year they added a buffer on top to allowed income only a small buffer I think extra £5 a week or something. Then anything above that allowed income a set % is taken off the housing benefit, for me is £8 a week. So £32 a month I have to pay to my rent out of IB. Also is some council tax as well as that works similiarly.

assuming this is a new claim and you are single

if your only income is contribution based ESA and you have capital less than £6,000 - then you would qualify for maximum HB/CTB

if you are awarded the additional ESA components for support or work related activity, an additional premium is awarded for HB/CTB to offset it, so you do not lose the components

If you have found my post useful, please click on the star at the bottom of my post and add some reputation points.

Hi, no I am not single, I am married with children, hubby is on long term Incap benefit. We also get CTC.

I have only been on Esa contribution since Dec.

I am still on the assessment phase and have not heard anything from them about forms or medical. The reason that I am asking is that a person from Mind said that the extra component will not be counted against the housing benefit we are receiving. But while I was at CAB today they said it probably will.

Thanks for any advice.