Lloyds

kayclearmydebts

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3554 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I wonder whether someone can help me,

in 2006/7/8/9 I got myself into some trouble with money.

I had a current account with Lloyds.

because of my debt situation i opened a new bank account with natwest.

I closed my account at Lloyds,

I have recently got a well paid job and in the last year been addressing and clearing my debts,

its been hard and I spent along time not opening letters or facing anything it was easier.

Well now I am a regular visitor to experian and I can see the changes that i have made by paying my debts off.

The one i cannot understand was placed on there 2009 Lloyds bank £3622.00 in bank charges where the account had not been closed.

It may well be my fault, but none of that £3622.00 is made up of complete bank charges I have not spent any of that money at all.

I am happy to settle the account of anything I owe but not money that I have not spent.

I have been to bank and have a copy of all the charges,

the debt recovery company will not negociate with me as the bank has placed the charges,

the bank will not sort the charges as it's in the hands of debt recovery.

So unless I pay the charges i cannot get rid of this.

Does anyone have any ideas please.

Thank you.

to what purpose are you 'getting rid of all your debts'?

you need a clean file?

it strikes me that you might well be taking these DCA threats too seriously

they have no legal powers.

as for this debt, its all charges, they'll go nowhere near a court for fear of a counter claim.

pers i'd not pay them a penny.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Is the account defaulted??

If it is then you can challenge the bankon this..

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

As this is made up solely of charges/penalties no one will go near a court with this.

Send the following to Lloyds:

Ref: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Disputed Account/Default

Acc.No.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Sir or Madam.

I have recently checked my credit reference files and have dicovered a default entry for the above mentioned account which has been passed to xxxxxx debt collection agency.

I a aware that the alleged balance stated for this account is made up entirely of unreasonable charges for which I accept no liability what so ever, as I am sure you are aware Technical Guidance issue by the regulators states that ''if a default sum is made up of charges without which the account would not have been defaulted no default should be placed.

I am happy to clear any debt which relates to money I have spent but I am not inclined to meet any of these charges now or in the future.

I would suugest you withdraw this matter from your assigned debt collection agency and consider what action to take, I'm sure anyy County Court Judge would be very interested to listen to the banks explanation of how and why such an amount of charges have accrued.

amend a copy of this to send to the compliance manager of the DCA (all recorded delivery)

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: