How do I word a request to the employment tribunal, asking for a time extension for information, due to illness?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4213 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

For some reason, I can't post a new thread.I hope someone sees this. As I am having a panic attack.I wrote to the tribunal and asked for an extension in time limits, due to ill health. Still no reply.I thought that the only deadline I had to meet by the 14th was proof of disability and ill health (which I just managed to do, as have had the week from hell, more on that in a moment), but have just seen a tiny note at the bottom of the page that says I should have provided an agreed list of issues with Respondents' representatives by the 14th.Will they throw my case out? How much trouble am I in?This week, I received a call from my Council, warning me of two malicious emails and to contact the police and a solicitor, which I did do immediately. They used a fake name, but the emails are from them. I won't go into how I know this.I spent Monday with a psychiatrist who discovered I was on a third of the dosage of meds I should have been on and also should have been on additional meds.Tuesday with the police.Wednesday, tried to see GP as had an appointment, an hour later, still not seen. I went to reception for help as was having a panic attack, they didn't help me and I broke down and they just let me leave, sobbing and stumbling down the street. I made it home after a kind pharmacist let me calm down in his pharmacy so I could continue on my way.Then I was with the police until after 10pm that night. I can't tell you what they said, but it is bad.Thursday police again.Friday tried to get to GP again, couldn't, broke down, managed to get outside to once again try and get my letter of medical proof, they had to come outside to me as I couldn't get in to the surgery. I was breaking down on the pavement and the receptionist said have you got the £15, or you can't have the letter. I gave them my last £15 and cried all the way home.Then sent proof to Respondents' representative and ET and then, noticed this note about additional information.What do I do?So sorry, had such a crap week. Which is what they intended. And the emails included names of friends of mine, false allegations and also the name of someone I'm too scared to even say who they are on here. I feel so bad.Oh and police again first thing in the morning today. I feel so sick.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just managed to post new thread.I hope someone sees this. As I am having a panic attack.I wrote to the tribunal (3rd Sept.) and asked for an extension in time limits, due to ill health. Still no reply.

I thought that the only deadline I had to meet by the 14th was proof of disability and ill health (which I just managed to do, as have had the week from hell, more on that in a moment), but have just seen a tiny note at the bottom of the page that says I should have provided an agreed list of issues with Respondents' representatives by the 14th.Will they throw my case out?

How much trouble am I in?This week, I received a call from my Council, warning me of two malicious emails and to contact the police and a solicitor, which I did do immediately. They used a fake name, but the emails are from them. I won't go into how I know this.

I spent Monday with a psychiatrist who discovered I was on a third of the dosage of meds I should have been on and also should have been on additional meds.

Tuesday with the police.Wednesday, tried to see GP as had an appointment, an hour later, still not seen. I went to reception for help as was having a panic attack, they didn't help me and I broke down and they just let me leave, sobbing and stumbling down the street.

I made it home after a kind pharmacist let me calm down in his pharmacy so I could continue on my way.Then I was with the police until after 10pm that night. I can't tell you what they said, but it is bad.

Thursday police again.Friday tried to get to GP again, couldn't, broke down, managed to get outside to once again try and get my letter of medical proof, they had to come outside to me as I couldn't get in to the surgery. I was breaking down on the pavement and the receptionist said have you got the £15, or you can't have the letter.

I gave them my last £15 and cried all the way home.Then sent proof to Respondents' representative and ET and then, noticed this note about additional information.

What do I do?

So sorry, had such a crap week. Which is what they intended. And the emails included names of friends of mine, false allegations and also the name of someone I'm too scared to even say who they are on here.

I feel so bad.Oh and police again first thing in the morning today. I feel so sick.

Oh and they know my movements etc.

Edited by citizenB
formatting

It is quite common for deadlines to be missed at the ET level. Go to the tribunal in person Monday and hand in your medical report together with a copy of your letter of 3rd Sept, with a cover note stating you have had no response and that you will supply them with the information by XXXdate (give yourself reasonable time, say 7-14 days). Send them an email over the weekend to apologise.

Perhaps you or your representative can summon up a quick draft list of issues on the back of an envelope and then type them up to be attached to your letter, above, making sure you emphasise it is only a draft and not final at this stage. If you are unrepresented, the ET will not mind if you have not managed one; as long as you have a list from the other side, which should give you some idea of what is needed. Basically, what you want to focus on at the hearing to prove your claim in the form of questions.

Edited by Pusillanimous

Thank you papasmurf1cx and Pusillanimous.I, as yet, have no representation, as because of continued harassment and intimidation, by my ex-employers, my health has deteriorated and my time has been taken up by appointments and the police checking on me every day and so I haven't finished writing the statements for a solicitor who may take me on.

And yes, I'm in the police high risk category.They are millionaires with a huge law firm on my back.Am I allowed to add the additional harassment and intimidation to my claim?

Also, the tribunal messed up the first serving of papers (they admitted this) and so I have been going through this and the threats for a year now.

Am I allowed to add additional amounts to monies claimed, as not only did their assault end that job, but I had to leave my next job, due to ill health and now they have effectively closed down my business that I had, with their false allegations.

The allegations have been found to be unfounded and malicious, but the stress means I can't continue and as they have been tracking my movements through my web page, I have had to remove my business listings and information from the internet.I do have some proof of this, but to get the required 100% proof, I need a higher level order than the one I already have.

I know this sounds like a movie script, but this and so much more has happened.Thank you so much again though guys, because I have been freaking out since I saw this additional deadline note.

I wish I'd found this site sooner, because you have no idea how much it helps when you feel someone has actually heard what you're saying, and then taken their valuable time to respond, especially when, most of the time you feel like it's you against the world.

Thank you.... calming down a little now.

Edited by citizenB
formatting

The Employment Tribunal letter 'Notice of Orders' I received, states, "A party who is legally represented is required by Rule 11(4) to provide to all other parties in writing the information set out in that rule."The Respondents are legally represented and I am not and they haven't told me what this Rule 11(4) is.Is that wrong of them?I don't even know if it's important, or not, or when they're supposed to tell me what it is.Sorry for all the questions, but I'm trying to calm myself down by learning fast.

I just double checked letters received from the Respondents' Representatives and they haven't told me what this rule is.What they have done, is right at the bottom of one letter, they have written:"We confirm that we have sent a copy of this letter and the outline list of issues to the Claimant and complied with rule 11(4) of the Employment Tribunals (Constitution and Rules of Procedure) Regulations 2004."But they haven't told me what that is.

You can google the ET rules - they are quite short. Rule 11(4) simply means the other side have to be sent a copy and given seven days to issue any objections to the application. If you object to their docuement, send in your response with reason for objection by return to ET and the other party.

Oh thank you Pusillanimous. They didn't tell me that bit. What a surprise. I am trying to Google the rules, there appear to be so many that it's a little overwhelming. It's frustrating, because if my head was working properly, I wouldn't have a problem. I'm not sure why you chose that name, by the way, as I know the definition, but it is an unusual and interesting choice. Although, for me, you have been anything but! Thank you, again.

According to Amazon, 2009 is the most recent date. That is already pretty old. It may well be out of date itself.

Ebay is even more expensive - but there is a Kindle version for £10.

You can get a free Kindle app for your phone or for your windows PC

Hi Calamatyjane.

You have 24 hours in which to edit a post (re your missing paragraphs) - if you click on the "edit post" button under the post you can sort that out.

I am not sure why they disappear for some posters and not others. Will try and find out for you. You could try putting in 2 or 3 carriage returns at the point you want a paragraph to see if that helps.

It would be useful to know because it is very frustrating trying to read a huge block of text that has no spacing.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Oh thank you Pusillanimous. They didn't tell me that bit. What a surprise. I am trying to Google the rules, there appear to be so many that it's a little overwhelming. It's frustrating, because if my head was working properly, I wouldn't have a problem. I'm not sure why you chose that name, by the way, as I know the definition, but it is an unusual and interesting choice. Although, for me, you have been anything but! Thank you, again.

This issue actually cropped up this week at work.

It's pretty much industry standard between representatives to merely copy the other side in to any application under Rule 11(4). In actual fact, upon literal reading of the rule, that isn't enough!

They should copy it to you with an accompanying letter which outlines that it is an application which you have the right to object to within 7 days. If they haven't and you wish to object, you should tell the tribunal and point out that contrary to their assertion that they met their Rule 11(4) obligations, in actual fact this is misleading the ET as you weren't informed of your right to object!

Hi citizenB,

Thank you for your reply, but I did try both those things and it didn't work.

However, I'm on my phone now and the paragraphs show up, like I typed them.

Will check later to see if it's some kind of anomaly between phone viewing and laptop viewing.

Again, thank you for replying.

a book reading application on your PC is really easy and worth it for the money saving :) Good luck with it!

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

honeybee13,

You know what... I have no idea!

I just know I need to get some legal education and quickly!

Saw this book recommended; have heard of Naomi Cunningham; so thought good idea to start there.

Plus, I have been up all night, trying to learn things to help me and gaining knowledge is helping me get through this.

So, thank you honeybee13 and everyone else, who takes the time to answer my posts.

Police just left and now I'm doing one of my calming down routines (including learning more) so that I can get on with proving I'm telling the truth, even though the things I have witnessed and experienced sound crazy!

I'm not crazy.... my Psych said so! :)

Just received four legal and police letters, managed to open and read them within the hour. A definite improvement!

The Tribunal have scheduled a one hour pre-hearing, in one month.

Not sure what I'm supposed to take, but, apparently, one of the things, may be a police officer for my protection. Yay!

If you are buying from Amazon in kindle format best use their software. If buying elsewhere come back and shout!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/feature.html/ref=kcp_ipad_mkt_lnd?docId=1000425503

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!