• Tweets

• Thank you for that "read me", It's a lot to digest, lots of legal procedure. There was one thing that I was going to mention to you,  but in one of the conversations in that thread it was mentioned that there may be spies on the Forum,  this is something that I've read quite some time ago in a previous thread. What I had in mind was to wait for the thirty days after their reply to my CCA request and then send the unenforceable letter. I was hoping that an absence of signature could be the Silver Bullet but it seems that there are lot of layers to peel on this Onion.  
    • love the extra £1000 charge for confidentialy there BF   Also OP even if they don't offer OOC it doesn't mean your claim isn't good. I had 3 against EVRi that were heard over the last 3 weeks. They sent me emails asking me to discontinue as I wouldn't win. Went infront of a judge and won all 3.    Just remember the law is on your side. The judges will be aware of this.   Where you can its important to try to point out at the hearing the specific part of the contract they breached. I found this was very helpful and the Judge made reference to it when they gave their judgements and it seemed this was pretty important as once you have identified a specific breach the matter turns straight to liability. From there its a case of pointing out the unlawfullness of their insurance and then that should be it.
    • I know dx and thanks again for yours and others help. I was 99.999% certain last payment was over six years ago if not longer.  👍
    • Paragraph 23 – "standard industry practice" – put this in bold type. They are stupid to rely on this and we might as well carry on emphasising how stupid they are. I wonder why they could even have begun to think some kind of compelling argument – "the other boys do it so I do it as well…" Same with paragraph 26   Paragraph 45 – The Defendants have so far been unable to produce any judgements at any level which disagree with the three judgements…  …court, but I would respectfully request…   Just the few amendments above – and I think it's fine. I think you should stick to the format that you are using. This has been used lots of times and has even been applauded by judges for being meticulous and clear. You aren't a professional. Nobody is expecting professional standards and although it's important that you understand exactly what you are doing – you don't really want to come over to the judge that you have done this kind of thing before. As a litigant in person you get a certain licence/leeway from judges and that is helpful to you – especially if you are facing a professional advocate. The way this is laid out is far clearer than the mess that you will get from EVRi. Quite frankly they undermine their own credibility by trying to say that they should win simply because it is "standard industry practice". It wouldn't at all surprise me if EVRi make you a last moment offer of the entire value of your claim partly to avoid judgement and also partly to avoid the embarrassment of having this kind of rubbish exposed in court. If they do happen to do that, then you should make sure that they pay everything. If they suddenly make you an out-of-court offer and this means that they are worried that they are going to lose and so you must make sure that you get every penny – interest, costs – everything you claimed. Finally, if they do make you an out-of-court offer they will try to sign you up to a confidentiality agreement. The answer to that is absolutely – No. It's not part of the claim and if they want to settle then they settle the claim as it stands and don't try add anything on. If they want confidentiality then that will cost an extra £1000. If they don't like it then they can go do the other thing. Once you have made the amendments suggested above – it should be the final version. court,. I don't think we are going to make any more changes. Your next job good to make sure that you are completely familiar with it all. That you understand the arguments. Have you made a court familiarisation visit?
    • just type no need to keep hitting quote... as has already been said, they use their own criteria. if a person is not stated as linked to you on your file then no cant hurt you. not all creditors use every CRA provider, there are only 3 main credit file providers mind, the rest are just 3rd party data sharers. if you already have revolving credit on your file there is no need to apply for anything just 'because' you need to show you can handle money. if you have bank account(s) and a mortgage which you are servicing (paying) then nothing more can improve your score, despite what these 'scam' sites claiml  its all a CON!!  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

How do I word a request to the employment tribunal, asking for a time extension for information, due to illness?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4186 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I'm new to this and forums, so forgive me if I've put this in the wrong place.

My ET1 was accepted. The employers submitted an ET3. Due to 'an administrative error' (Employment Tribunal's phrase), there has been a very long delay between my being physically attacked by my employers and the submitting of forms by them and the employers.

I have literally just received the hearing and due process dates and today I have received a letter from my now ex-employers' solicitors, asking for an unbelieveable amount of information, that I would have to get together by this coming Monday. It would take me more than three days under perfect circumstances, but I am on new medication, from the GP, and have been referred to crisis intervention and a psychiatrist, as well as other health care professionals, as in their words, I am very ill, due to the stress of the attack, incidents leading up to the attack, subsequent court case and continuing intimidation and threats.

I am too ill to get this replying information in this time frame. How do I word an email to the Employment Tribunal people, to ask for an extension, to get myself together enough, to answer all these questions? I am also suffering side effects from the medications and clinical depression.

Also, I have been asked by the tribunal people to describe my disability (also present at the time of employment) under some kind of regulation rules. Do you know how I do this please? I take about ten medications to maintain my hormone levels, including Metformin as I am pre-diabetic and I am diagnosed with Bipolar Affective Disorder, which is triggered by things like stress, including someone trying to kill me.

At some point, I will post a full explanation as to what happened, but I need to first remove the stress of being expected to answer a whole heap of intricately detailed questions by Monday.

Thank you for taking time to read this; I hope it makes sense (it's hard to concentrate at the moment) and if anyone answers, I thank you, in advance, for your help.

If possible, I think I have to ask for the extension today.

C

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that you write a very ordinalry letter - outlining:-

What you have been asked to provide

That the request was made on xxx date and the deadline is on xxx date - leaving only xxx days

That you respectfully ask for an extension to the time required to supply the responses

That an extension of (4 weeks?) would allow you to deal with the matter

That the reason that you are unable to deal with the matter in the linited time available is because of your ill-health - in particular:

particularise your medical problems.

Point out that some of these problems are pre-exisitng

some of the problems have been brought about by the issues of which you are complaining

That it would be unfair for your employer to benefit from a strict implementation of time limits when much of the problems have been caused by their treatment of you

That you have previously tried to conduct the case in a reasonable and efficient way

that you you apologise for any trouble or inconvenience caused by your request for extra time

That you have sent a copy of your request to your employers

Send a copy to the employers with a note telling them that you hope that they won't raise any objections.

Send the emails and send paper copies to the other side and to the court.

Make sure that the letter is well spaced, not verbose and as much of it as possible is bullet pointed so that it is easy to follow

Hi Bankfodder,

This is my reply so far. Can you, or anyone else, please tell me what you think and, if necessary, provide constructive criticism and/or advice?

Thank you.

C

Dear Sir/Madam,

I received a letter in the post today, 31st August 2012, from (solicitor's name here), of (solicitor's firm here), on behalf of the respondents, in respect to Employment Tribunal Case: (case number/name here)

I have been asked to provide the following:

(This bit here is so long, it will take a lot of time to type.)

By, (date here), and this only allows me (number of days here) days to gather this information and respond.

I, respectfully, ask for an extension to the time required to supply the responses.

I believe an extension of four weeks, from today's date, 31st August 2012, would allow me to deal with the matter.

The reason that I am unable to deal with the matter, in the limited time available, is because of my ill health.

In particular:

Depression

Bipolar Affective Disorder

Metabolic Syndrome

Bipolar Affective Disorder and Metabolic Syndrome are long term illnesses and symptoms exacerbated by incidents during and after my employment, by the respondents.The depression, which is categorised as serious, has been brought about by the issues of which I am complaining.

I have had medications added to my existing medications, to help with the depression. I am still currently experiencing side effects. I also have a number of appointments booked with healthcare professionals, which is also consuming my time and remaining energy.

I feel it would be unfair for my previous employers, the respondents, to benefit from a strict implementation of time limits when much of the problems have been caused by their treatment of me.

Despite my health issues and difficulties, I have tried to conduct the case in a reasonable and efficient way.

I apologise for any trouble, or inconvenience caused by my request for extra time, but due to the circumstances, I feel it necessary to ask.

I have sent a copy of my request to my previous employers, the respondents.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Yours faithfully,

Thank you.

This is in response to a letter I just received from my employers' second massive law firm (They're bringing out the big guns, because the evidence I have can not only cost them a lot (not just my claim), but also put them both inside.) asking for a huge amount of information.

They say a copy has also been sent to the employment tribunal and that my claim is frivolous and a tissue of lies, I am not going to win and because this is so, I should pay a large deposit for each claim (for wasting time) and there should be a pre-hearing. The police say they shouldn't be near me, for my own safety, and because they have a history of violence.

They also say that the hearing should be reduced from five days to two days, as my claims are ridiculous and made up and they imagine I will only have one witness, whereas, they will have two.

I hope to have twenty witnesses including the police who offered to be my witnesses, without me asking.

Edited by Calamity1

On my ET1, I mentioned harassment, bullying, physical assault and a threat and attempt to kill me. I said due to sex discrimination, sexuality discrimination and disability discrimination.

I also mentioned not being allowed statutory breaks, which I needed, to be able to consume food to take medication, including diabetic meds; non-receipt of wage slips, which I repeatedly requested; no proper contract (the contract was illegal apparently); no sick pay when I collapsed due to not being able to eat and take medication; repeatedly called in during non-working hours, including one time they locked the door on me, forced me to work and physically stopped me from leaving, when I attempted to and then was threatened; no holiday pay; withholding wages, non-payment of wages, illegal deductions from wages, non-payment of overtime; forced to work seven days a week, sometimes with only two hours off in a day... the list goes on.

I am having difficulty downloading a copy of my ET1, although I do have one.

I believe I also mentioned being bribed to frame a member of staff for theft, which I refused and then warned her about and being threatened with the sack if I told her, or didn't help them frame her, or carried on protecting staff from attacks and protecting their rights, or carried on doing voluntary charity work, or studied when I wasn't working (they basically said they owned me, and I had to be ready to work as soon as I received a phonecall from them, which happened often and I wasn't paid. They also said I wasn't allowed a partner, or to have a social life as in business there was no room for love, or relaxation. They said money and 'the family', which is how they referred to themselves and their crime 'empire', comes first.), or went on a four day business course to learn about employment rights.

What I don't think I did was actually use the term whistle-blowing, as I didn't know this was a legal term, and they threatened and attempted to bribe me to keep my mouth shut about various things, which I didn't, which is why they tried to kill me.

My question is: Am I allowed to add whistle-blowing as a specific claim to my ET1 now?

Also, they are continuing to threaten and harass me, am I allowed to add these incidents?

And finally, what will happen when I produce the crime reports that prove the physical assault and caution for one individual and subsequent attack, by the second employer, 'with a deadly weapon' and the threats to kill me which I believe they put under a part of some section four act?

They claim the assault, arrests, threats, caution, subsequent attack, never happened and I made this up and walked out of my job for no reason. So, when I produce the police witnesses and crime reports, which prove they're lying, will they get fined? Will they go to prison for perjury? What happens to the rest of the case? Will the tribunal think, well these are pretty big lies and then I stand more chance, or do I have to go through every single lie and prove every one?

Also, at what point should I produce this damning evidence? I don't know whether to do it now, in the hope it will shorten the process (does it?), or whether to save it as 'my trump card' to suddenly hit them with, just prior to the hearing? They're also trying to get a pre-hearing, which I don't want, or should I?

Also, I put a sum of owed monies on the ET1, plus compensation. This has now been going on longer than a year, with a hearing due in January. This means I will have been put through this for at least a year and a half. I cannot work now. Can I ask for more compensation because they put me through so much more harassment and stress by lying so much? Or do the tribunal take that into account anyway? Will they get fined by the tribunal because the lies are massive and wasted their time and my time, as well as the time of the people investigating them for fraud etc.? Can I ask them for compensation, plus paying my costs, as I am going to try and get a solicitor and barrister, but it will cost me?

I know it's not possible to give definitive answers on a lot of my questions. I'm just going through crap and am looking for some hope to help me make it to the actual hearing. (They're using every dirty trick in the book and it's relentless.)

Thank you for your time.

*blinks* were you working for the scientologists?

It sounds very complex and like you need a lawyer as the detail needed to advise will be more than we can cope with on a forum.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

No, just some very nasty people, as it turns out.

I am having difficulty in getting a solicitor and barrister, as I have, literally, no money. Although, after all this time, I managed, for the first time, I managed to see a free volunteer barrister, for about an hour and a half, last week and she said, every piece of evidence I have (and it's a lot) is valid.

I'm just trying to make it through to the hearing, because if I can comply with all these ridiculous requests and deadlines, plus the continued intimidation, they should be royally stuffed!

Just looking for a bit of hope until I can, hopefully, get some consistent and free legal representation.

"Whistle Blowing" is a collective term and kind of covers pretty much everything you have itemised.

Have Citizens Advice been unable to provide you with any legal assistance ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Thank you for replying citizenB.

My local CAB are overloaded, not very good and refer on to solicitors who charge.

I was lucky enough to recently be referred to another organisation, who, last Wednesday, managed to see me, when they realised how serious my case was. (There's a lot I haven't mentioned because I'm scared.)

The organisation is run by volunteers, who go in for two hours, once, or twice a month. The barrister I met with, was so shocked by some of the information I showed her and told her, that she immediately filled out a referral form for another organisation, to try and get me some kind of representation at any hearings. She did say they're swamped though. She advised me of a couple of things to do and said she will try and see me again.

The problem is, I am very unwell now and the respondents are hitting me with a barrage of legal questions, deadlines and also have been to my house to harass me.

I need to get help asap.

Does anyone have any views on no win, no fee solicitors?

Hello there. I'm sorry to hear about all your problems. From what I see on this forum, charitable or voluntary organisations can be some of the worst offenders.

I see there are others hovering, but for what it's worth I think there are times when it's worth having a NWNF lawyer. You have nothing to lose by ringing a few and seeing what they think about your case. Get employment specialists though. You can either check Yellow Pages or have a look at the Law Society website that has a search facility so you can find employment specialists in your local area.

Also, do you have legal cover on your household insurance?

CAG rules don't allow us to recommend specific law firms or solicitors though.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Thank you honeybee 13.

The organisation I worked for aren't a charitable, or voluntary organisation. Not sure if that's what you meant though.

Originally, before events over the past year, I was told my case had a 50-50 chance of success. Last Wednesday, I was told, that because their lies have increased and I have so much evidence to prove this, that, if I can make it to the hearing, they have little chance of winning. However, after the police messed up the court cases, I am fairly cynical. (I have also been advised by the barrister to take action against the police, but one thing at a time.)

My household insurance ran out because I have no money to pay insurance fees now.

I will try and contact some no win, no fee, firms tomorrow.

How do they operate? Do they take a percentage of the compensation, or does the other side pay their costs?

Sorry for so many questions, but i'm trying to learn as much as I can, as fast as I can, to give me enough hope to make it through to the hearing.

I want to stop what these people have been doing for at least 16 years, that I know of. Someone has to stop them. It might as well be me.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Oh apparently, they have been taken to employment tribunals before and on the day of the hearing, in each case, they paid the person off to silence them.

I have been told that they are crapping themselves and are going to get even dirtier. I'm glad they're scared, but am not looking forward to what's undoubtedly going to come.

Update: It appears I may have a ****hot solicitor and firm that specialise in employment law and tribunals, to help me now.

I don't know how much they will charge me yet, but fingers crossed, and I will post another update when I know more.

Thank you for advice received so far and if I win, I will make a donation to your site.

One of the first things your solicitor should do now is get an injunction against these people to keep them away from you and to stop them inciting others to harass, threaten etc. And after all that has happened it ought to have the power of arrest on it.

Well done for not giving in = I thought we had trouble (I'm helping a friends son through an Unfair Dismissal with Disability Discrimination and he;s been threatened, his 8 yr old girl approached by one of the partners, and they came to the house when he was out and tried to intimidate his wife and 2 little ones) but that seems a minor irritation compared to you.

We had to tell ACAS about the harassment (police have been dealing with it) and they told us to write to the ET with all the details, which we did, but haven't heard back yet.

I have an understanding of (or can quickly understand) legal terms and what have you from my former employment, but knowing a few things, and actually getting on and doing it are very different, so its good you have a solicitor with you on this. But I recommend this book Employment Tribunals (Tactics and Precedents) by Naomi Cunningham. Its about £30 new, but you can get it out the library or try e-bay, I got mine for 99p! Its quite an easy read and it'll help you keep up with things. I found it useful for explaining how to prepare bundles etc.

I hope everything goes your way on this, what a nightmare for you. Stay safe.

jackieandwayne, thank you for that.

I will see if I can find a copy of that book.

I have deliberately left out some specific details of what I know, what I've seen them do etc. because I am even concerned that they will find these posts, and these people are capable of very bad things.

I feel for your friend's son and family. It's a difficult enough process, without additional threats and intimidation.

The police promised they would win the court case and wanted to put me in a safe house to protect me. But I couldn't accept the safe house, as it was only for me and not for some I am responsible for (sorry, I'm being deliberately vague as I have to protect them too) in the house. The police then completely messed up the court case. If I put it here, you wouldn't believe how bad they were.

The officer in charge felt bad, so because it left me in danger, the officer offered to move me to another location. I can't afford to move and I'm not the one who has committed crimes, so don't see why I should leave my home of 20 years. Although, now I may have to. The officer then offered to install a panic alarm linked to police station. Still waiting. Now, according to them, I'm on a list and if I dial 999 my call's prioritised and they supposedly get here in 30 seconds. Admittedly, it took a minute last time.

I can't go in and out of my home freely as they are watching my home. I won't explain how I get out when I have to, but nothing is simple any more. I am trying to get well enough to take the training that should also help give me a better chance of protecting myself.

Considering what has to be gone through to produce evidence against violent criminals, I'm surprised anyone ever does it. I wish I could explain further about why I was even at this establishment in the first place, but it's already sounding like a scene from a movie and,I can't have them find out too much either. I am constantly on my guard and suspicious. I wouldn't be here if I wasn't.

Thank you again and I really wish you luck with your friend's son's issues.

Good God. Now look here, next time you take a job, make sure the employer isn't the Kray twins! I admire you, I really do. I know I can dig my heels in and be as stubborn as a mule but messing with people like that..... well, actually, being a stubborn creature, yeah, I'd refuse to move as well!! Just stay safe.

Trust me, I had no idea what they were up to.

Unfortunately, they're my neighbours.

And as scared as I am, I live by my Grandpa and his brother's code of conduct, which means I can't let this continue, without trying to stop it.

If the worst comes to the worst, I will have to move. In the meantime, additional security, supposed police presence and being very careful and trusting very few is what's kept me 'safe' so far.

It will get worse though.

Thank you for your response and kind thoughts.