Fraudulent Change Of Car Ownership?

Spit

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3546 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys, bit of a strange one. A dealer has been trying to sell my car at his lot for the last 18 months, after a couple of test drives it needed some work which I paid for. I did a deal which meant I got £1500 from the sale and he could have whatever on top. It has been a difficult sale due to the high mileage and I have had updates when I have rung up. Just had a letter from the DVLA stating I am no longer the current owner. I range the garage who sounded a bit flustered, stated that the car had been sold and that he was sending me the £1500. That was over a week ago. They have been in business over 12 years. Any idea what to do? Is it fraudulent for them to change the ownership without my consent?

. Just had a letter from the DVLA stating I am no longer the current owner

Is it fraudulent for them to change the ownership without my consent?

The DVLA didn't send you a letter stating you are no longer the owner, they sent a letter stating you are no longer the REGISTER KEEPER of the vehicle. Likewise, the garage heven't changed the owner, only the RK.

If you look at a V5C (log book) the first thing it states in big writing on the front page is:

THIS DOCUMENT IS NOT PROOF OF OWNERSHIP.

Anyway, that is by the by, I presume your real concern is that the £1500 was not paid instantly, and in fact, appears to still not have been paid?