katiecoffee

Hello! I feel better already.

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2573 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recently I seem to have been inundated by (alleged) debts via letters, phone calls even some dodgy bloke at the door.

I was checking out a strange phone number via the internet and found a thread on debt collection agencies and their dubious (and illegal) practices.

It was hilarious and scary at the same time.

It also mentioned CAG so I decided to join up.

Glad I did. After browsing just a tiny amount of the site I feel empowered already.

:whoo:

Welome to CAG, can we be of help with any thing.??

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Hi KC and welcome to the CAG.:-)

Just shout if you need any help navigating the site.

Have a read of the site rules before posting too.:-)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Welcome to the Consumer Forums

Free advice and support to to solve your consumer problems.

You will soon discover what a friendly place this is and get lots of hints about standing up to consumer bullies or dealing with other consumer rights.

Which guide to the Sale Of Goods Act

New advice guide explains credit card rights

Help the CAG!!

Make a donation

ARE YOU A VICTIM OF COWBOY BUILDERS?

Has your RBS account been transferred to Santander?

Forum rules. Please read these before posting

PLEASE CHECK OUT THE CAG LIBRARY!! IT HAS LOADS OF USEFUL STUFF IN THERE. CLICK HERE

Thanks for the welcomes, advice and offers of help. I'll be putting together a more comprehensive post soon. Hopefully my 'debt' issues shouldn't take too much sorting (ever the optimist) out but it's good to know there's support out there. :-)

Okay! The first letter I received comes from a company called Willen Collections. It mentions they are 'trying to contact the above named person regarding a personal matter.' The previous address they quote is four and a half years ago. They also 'very kindly' offer apologies if I am not the person named above. I have no idea what it is about so, after doing a bit of research on the company, I have decided to ignore. Would you agree?

The second letter is from Buchanan, Clark and Wells. Again they state they are attempting to contact me on a 'personal matter' and they go further in saying they have 'confirmed your (my) address through a credit link via a credit reference agency.' Bit confused at that part. They'd like me to contact them whether I'm the client or not. However, the previous address they quote is one I moved out of 10+ years ago. Whatever alleged debt I owe from this address would surely be statute barred by now wouldn't it? I've chosen to ignore. Yes? No?

There is more but I think that's enough for today.

Thanks for reading.

Ignore both, they are trying to get a 'bite' and have wasted their bait.

You are correct that anything from 10+ years ago is well and truly statute barred.

Thank you sillygirl1. I was just about to delete that last post as I've now placed it in (what I hope) is a more appropriate area. Can't believe they quoted such an old address. LOL! :-)

Take care here, I suggest you check the two main credit reference agencies Equifax and Experian (Credit Expert) to see if these DCAs have searched your credit files and if there are any delinquent accounts showing.

If this is stat barred you can get an idea from default dates on accounts on CRA files or it is an indication of the status of the debt if they do not appear on file.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Willen Collections is a trading name (among others) for Compello Operations Limited.

Licence Status:Current

Current Applicant / Licensee:

Business NameCompany Registration Number

Compello Operations Limited 04746414

Categories:

Credit brokerage Debt collecting Provision of debt-adjusting on a commercial basis Provision of debt-counselling on a commercial basis

Right To Canvass Off Trade Premises:No

Trading Name(s) (Current):

Compello

Impact Collections

Keynes Collections

Milton Keynes Recoveries

MK Rapid Recoveries

Raven Recoveries

Willen Collections

Issued Date: 07-Dec-2009

Date Maintenance Payment Due: 06-Dec-2014

Legal Formation:

Body Corporate (incorporated inside UK)

Current Individuals that run the organisation:

NamePositionChristopher Michael Sales Craig McLeod Allan James Roy Clark

Nature of Business:

Other

Current Address(es):

Address TypeAddressCorrespondence TradePro House, Seebeck Place, Knowlhill, MILTON KEYNES, MK5 8FR, United KingdomPrincipal Place Of BusinessTradePro House, Seebeck Place, Knowlhill, MILTON KEYNES, MK5 8FR, United KingdomRegistered OfficeTrade Pro House, Seebeck Place, Knowlhill, MILTON KEYNES, MK5 8FR, United Kingdom

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

Thread moved to Debt forums :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Welcome to the Consumer Forums

Free advice and support to to solve your consumer problems.

You will soon discover what a friendly place this is and get lots of hints about standing up to consumer bullies or dealing with other consumer rights.

Which guide to the Sale Of Goods Act

New advice guide explains credit card rights

Help the CAG!!

Make a donation

ARE YOU A VICTIM OF COWBOY BUILDERS?

Has your RBS account been transferred to Santander?

Forum rules. Please read these before posting

PLEASE CHECK OUT THE CAG LIBRARY!! IT HAS LOADS OF USEFUL STUFF IN THERE. CLICK HERE

Welcome Katie Coffee you are in good hands here. I had that same feeling nearly five years ago and have made some great cyber friends here on CAG. Started off with 17 debts and my postman having physio on his back for the weight he carried around for just me... Now I am lucky if I get 1 every three months, the great guys and girls on here have seen them off good and proper. It's like a second family here and honest I get so disappointed now when the DCA's cave in !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They know about this site, one even told me not to take advice from here. so much fun when we hit them back. Have now moved to new house and have given those I am paying my new address and telephone number, they do not even bother to ring because I just tie them up in knots..... now as I said 17 debts to start, 13 unenforceable due to no CCA's have offered them silly Full and Finals but as yet none have taken the bait have got close to 75% off, but hey......

I think I have had most DCA's for one or the other, you will get to know who is easiest to flick away like an annoying fly, some like Fred's can get a bit heavy and you need the guidance of these experienced boys and girls here. So welcome and flex your muscles for the coming fight, you will be surprised how easy it is with a Army of caggers behind you.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Happyhippy1959