Enhanced crb check fpn penalty

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4255 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

6 months ago, I was in TK Maxx one the phone, and walked out with a bag. I was on the phone with my mum. I DID NOT REALISE I had taken it from the premises.

All of a sudden, two men came up to me and asked me to follow them back into the store as I had just stolen a bag. I realised what had happened and followed them immediately, apologising.

They conducted a search of my bag, and because I am a architecture student, I had on me a pair of pliers and two scalpels.

They asked me to confirm my story and show them ID, but all I had was my student card on me, which did not have what course I studied.

Therefore, they called the police. The police came and they said they had no option but to issue me a £80 fine, which, I being embarrassed and just wanted to leave, took it and paid. I paid the £80 and decided to put it to the back of my mind.

Only recently has it come to my attention again. I currently work with disabled children on the weekends. I always have since I was 17. However, I need to have my CRB check renewed, so I wondered if this penalty charge would show up on my enhanced CRB.

As well as this, I have a temporary job helping in a college, which again requires a CRB check. I wondered if it would show on here.

I truly believe this incident is not my fault apart from walking out with a bag by accident. It is even worse how it could affect me now.

Sadly an e-CRB is highly likely to disclose the incident - was the matter of there being scalpels in the bag of any concern to the Police?

I think at the point of applying for the check, it may well be better if you discuss the incident and the circumstances involved with the person who will ultimately make the decision over whether it will affect your continued employment. Being given the opportunity to state how the PND arose will allow you more leeway than it appearing that you are trying to hide anything.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

I told them I was an architecture student, which I am, and I use them on a daily basis.

They didn't have proof I was an architecture student, because on my uni card, it just states I am a student.

What I was getting at was whether there was any action or allegation over offensive weapons or bladed articles - that would potentially be more of a blemish when deciding fitness for caring for vulnerable people than an act of carelessness which led to a PND for shoplifting.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

Excuse my ignorance, but why does an architect (who does plans & designs, I thought) need scalpels and pliers?

Architects design, builders build. What do you use the pliers and scalpels for?

Is it possible that they might have thought "pliers and scalpels, useful for removing security tags" ? what with you accidentally walking out with a bag you hadn't purchased.