Barclays Claim-Received "I'm Sorry" letter. What next?

lkjmn
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6406 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

This is my first post on this or any other forum and I'm hoping I'm posting in the correct place.

Here are the details of my progress:

Requested copy statements 12/9/2006. Had my £10 cheque returned with my statments which I recieved 27/9/2006.

Sent Initial request for full reimbursement of unfair charges plus interest on 28/9/2006. Total charges £2095 plus 204.29 interest. Used the template letters and the spreadsheet found on this site. (Great help, wouldn't know where to start otherwise). I gave the Bank 14 days from the letter date to reply "positively". Meaning I must send the second letter on the 12/10/2006 (I have it circled on my calendar).

6/10/2006 received letter from Mike Brophy at Barclays saying, "I am sorry you are unhappy with the charges etc.........We will endeavour to get back to you in the timescale you stated (i.e. two weeks) but cant guarantee it. We aim to find a solution within 4 weeks but if we are unable to do so, we will write to you explaining what is happening. A full report or an update on our progress will be sent to you within 8 weeks. There was a leaflet enclosed and also a telephone number to call if I wanted to discuss the matter.

So that's the state of play at the moment. I won't be calling them. I know blueskies had some success doing so but that's not for me. More of the strong silent type. I will be sending the second letter this Thursday 12/10/2006. Is this the correct course of action? Reading other threads, the best advice seems to be to ignore the Banks "fobbing off" letter and proceed with the claim in the timescale outlined by me.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.