ESA - no forms filled in

cupcake69
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4255 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I have been receiving ESA contribution based since Jan 12. All I have done is phoned jobcentre, told them that I was unable to work and they put on Esa. I have not received any forms or letters from them since the first letter stating that they would pay x amount per week and would probably have to attend a medical.

While I am quite happy not having to attend a medical so far after hearing the horror stories I am getting a bit worried now as to what happens next.

Do I leave it and wait for them to realize that they have forgotten my to send forms etc (probably when they write to tell me that my 365 days are up) , or do I inform them and take the risk that they fail me and probably will have to appeal.

Also if I did pass the medical do they have to backpay me to the 14th week of claim as it was not my fault that they had not assessed me.

Thanks in advance for reading and for any advice given.

Also if I did pass the medical do they have to backpay me to the 14th week of claim as it was not my fault that they had not assessed me.

Yes. However long it takes, they will back pay you.

Some people are also waiting months to hear anything. Meanwhile, I received the ESA50 10 days into my claim.

When I claimed ESA last year I put the claim in in June, got the ESA50 form in august (after getting a letter reminding me it had to be returned in 2 weeks time when I'd never received the form in the first place) and returned it in the September. Didn't have my medical until the following February!!!

As you can see from my post and the one above there is on conformity as to the process!!

Feebee_71