Possibly taking Budget to court

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3173 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I used to be with Budget for my Car Insurance. When I first started the cover, I was 'fined' £20 for not returning a form I was never sent. Eventually and after costly phone calls, I got the form, sent it back, but never received the £20 back I was told I would.

I recently sent them a letter stating that I wanted £20 plus the cost of calls to them for their mistake. The total was £25.37. I was phoned by someone in their complaints department who promised me the money within a few days. 2 months on, I'm still waiting.

I want to send them one more letter before I take this to the small claims court.

My question is, can I ask for other things to be added on such as my time and the cost of the letters, or the electricity I have used for computer time etc?

The last letter I sent them cost me £1.55, so if I send another one, that would be a total of £3.10 that their actions have cost me (in addition to costly phone calls) in order to get my money back. Can I add this to the total to be paid back?

I basically want to send them one last warning letter that if I don't receive my money back plus other costs accrued so far, I will be taking legal action.

Thanks in advance :)

My mistake, it was not when I first started the cover, it was after I changed my car. Same basic principle though, they unlawfully took £20 from my account when I was told they would not. This was back earlier in the year. Can I claim interest at all, or is it not worth it?

Thanks.