• Tweets

• Oil and gold prices have jumped, while shares have fallen.View the full article
    • Thank you for your reply, DX! I was not under the impression that paying it off would remove it from my file. My file is already trashed so it would make very little difference to any credit score. I am not certain if I can claim compensation for a damaged credit score though. Or for them reporting incorrect information for over 10 years? The original debt has been reported since 2013 as an EE debt even though they had sold it in 2014. It appears to be a breach of the Data Protection Act 1998 Section 13 and this all should have come to a head when I paid the £69 in September 2022, or so I thought. The £69 was in addition to the original outstanding balance and not sent to a DCA. Even if I had paid the full balance demanded by the DCA back in 2014 then the £69 would still have been outstanding with EE. If it turns out I have no claim then so be it. Sometimes there's not always a claim if there's blame. The CRA's will not give any reason for not removing it. They simply say it is not their information and refer me to EE. More to the point EE had my updated details since 2022 yet failed to contact me. I have been present on the electoral roll since 2012 so was traceable and I think EE have been negligent in reporting an account as in payment arrangement when in fact it had been sold to a DCA. In my mind what should have happened was the account should have been defaulted before it was closed and sold to the DCA who would then have made a new entry on my credit file with the correct details. However, a further £69 of charges were applied AFTER it was sent to the DCA and it was left open on EE systems. The account was then being reported twice. Once with EE as open with a payment arrangement for the £69 balance which has continued since 2013 and once with the DCA who reported it as defaulted in 2014 and it subsequently dropped off and was written off by the DCA, LOWELL in 2021. I am quite happy for EE to place a closed account on my credit file, marked as satisfied. However, it is clear to me that them reporting an open account with payment arrangement when the balance is £0 and the original debt has been written off is incorrect? Am I wrong?
    • OMG! I Know! .... someone here with a chance to sue Highview for breach of GDPR with a very good chance of winning, I was excited reading it especially after all the work put in by site members and thinking he could hammer them for £££'s and then, the OP disappeared half way through. Although you never know the reason so all I can say is I hope the OP is alive and well regardless. I'd relish the chance to do them for that if they breached my GDPR.
    • The streaming giant also said it added 9.3 million subscribers in the first three months of the year.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

carphone warehouse

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5043 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have recently obtained my credit report and found 2 entries on it from Carphone Warehouse ... it says all my payments from them where mainly 4 months late .

one entry was started in June 2002 satisfied in Nov 2002 yet for 34 months I was mainly 4 months late with payments , not bad for an account only held for 5 months according to them.

second entry started again June 2002 satisfied Nov 2003 34 months mainly 4 months late with payments , again not bad for an account only held for 17 months according to them.

I did have a phone off them but always paid my bill as soon as I recieved it so I sent a DPDR .As I already knew it shown my bill was paid on time, up until it comes to some entries saying MCB-1, MCm-1 ,MCx-1 ,from then on it says I owe 31p for months then has MTBcr Adjustment 31p and my record is correct again .I know the amount is not much but what is REALLY annoying me is my credit file looks terrible as it doesn't show the amount only the fact the payments where late and I strongly dispute ever paying a bill late.So has anyone any ideas what all the MC's mean ? I want to get my credit file corrected so any ideas on my next step ?

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

Have a look at the DPA linked in the library and you will find that you are entitled to dislcoure in intelligible form.

So if they use abbreviations without any explanation then it is not intelligible.

Write to them and tell them that you require the disclosure to be undersatndable or else youwant a guide to abbreviations which will make it intelligible.

Next, work out what it all means and see if you get to understand where and why it went wrong. If you fnd that it is true that your were 31p begind on the payments then you have a problem because although to enter a notice about it is disproprtionate, it is difficult to kow how to challenge it.

On the other hand, if you can show that it is not you error then we can attack it.

I am starting to get my head round the DPA and I am starting to undersatnd that it provides some good avenues for direct action in the County Court under ss.7 and 13.

I'm still reading. I'll understand more about it soon. - Then so will you and so will everyone!!

Letter I sent to them recorded delivery today.

11th April 2006

RE DATA PROTECTION DISCLOSURE REQUEST

Dear XX XXX,

I wish to thank you for sending the information I requested under the Data Protection Disclosure Request. I would like to point out that in law I am entitled to this information in an intelligible form. If you use abbreviations , as you have done, without an explanation of what these abbreviations stand for then that is not intelligible. I now require disclosure that is understandable. Some of the information I have been able to understand states that you have been invoicing me up to 7/3/06 and also you have been invoicing me for money as recent as 6/9/05 .You have not provided me with copies of these invoices ,you have not provided me with my original contracts with you, you have not provided me with your requests for direct debit payments from my bank .They are to name but a few things that have been withheld from me. I originally asked for ALLinformation you hold on me and that is what I am legally entitled to. If you have that information to supply to a credit reference agency then you must hold it to supply to me.

I will be strongly disputing the information of late payments on two accounts I held with you that you have lodged on my credit file so if you cannot verify that the information you supplied is correct then I request that you clean all traces of the incorrect information you have given Equifax .I will not accept a notice of correction .If I do not receive the proof I have requested in my Data Protection Disclosure Request or your undertaking in fully removing the information wrongly supplied by you then I will be reporting this breech to the information commissioner and will look at starting an immediate claim against your company for defamation of character and damages.

The 40 days to comply that I originally gave you to supply the information still stands and runs out on the 10/05/2006.

Yours sincerely

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

LOL thanks ,Can't wait to see there response.

doubts.

mjanet, that's an excellent letter. Short, accurate and to the point. I tend to include the right things in my letters to companies but (as you have probably noticed from some of my posts) I tend to waffle on a bit.

Would you mind if I copied that to use as a sort of template? I have many similar issues on my credit reference file that I need to address.

I have long claimed that incorrect entries are tantamount to defamation of character and I have suggested as much to Equifax over two years ago. A letter like that gives everybody the chance to have a go back.

Can't wait for their response!

Rated.

I only mouth my opinion, please look elsewhere for sensible advice! :)

Yes of course you can , as I see it if someone posts a letter on the board they have sent / sending then unless they state they don't want it copied then others are able to use it .

We are all here to support each other.

doubts.

Recieved a phone call from legal department today saying they will remove all details of late payments on my credit file as it's such a small amount, asked her to confirm this in writing.Even though this was all I wanted I am still not happy as for one the amount changes considerably £8.99 , 37p ,31p and 34p depending who I speak to.The main thing I'm really P**sed off about is they are insisting that they have been sending me invoices for years to my present address, even as recent as March this year , and I have NEVER recieved an invoice.They won't accept the fact they have not sent me any ..computor says ................ ARGHHHHHHHHH

This is obviously a very small amount but it totally destroyed my credit file / ratings as it didn't state the amount just the fact that I never paid a bill on time and it's that fact that I'm annoyed with as I paid by direct debit and according to their records I even phoned them up at the end of my contracts to confirm there was no money outstanding.

Any advice on ....do I just accept that they are cleaning my credit file and let it go ? or is there anything else I can do , once they have cleaned it , over the fact they lodged it even though they have never even invoiced me?

doubts.

That goes without question

doubts.

UPDATE

recieved a letter last week from Equifax saying that they had contacted carphone warehouse about the dispute and CPW had not replied over one so that will be removed and that they had replied over the other one saying that I had had a 'fresh account' and the information supplied was correct... that goes totally against what my credit file now reads like ...........

checked my credit file again last night .

One of the notices given by CPW has been completly removed the other one is still there BUT now reads that my account was in order and I was never late with payments , true , the interesting thing is that the date is states this information was updated is 23/10/2005 .Seen as I have a print out of my credit file from last month where it has nothing but late payments on this account then the information date it now shows is wrong .Also do they just get away with holding / giving wrong information for so long then just pretend it wasn't there ???:-x

I am going to do a DPDR on Equifax after i recieve my documents from CPW they are supposedly stored with a 3rd party in Portugal and they have aplied for them, so they say.They have until the 10th May then there 40 days are up.Will be sending them a reminder by recorded delivery tomorrow .

Any ideas on what my next move should be ???

doubts.

• 1 month later...

CPW never complied with the SAR ,due to me being on holiday and other personal things I have been unable to do anything about this until now.I am sending them a LBA on Monday over non compliance giving them a further 7 days and then I will be starting a claim for them to comply and for nominal damages.

Of all the SAR's I have sent CPW are the only ones to cash the cheque and the only ones not to fully comply :eek:

doubts.

• 3 weeks later...

Claim put into court today for an order to comply with DPA

doubts.

I ahve a query about Carphone warehouse that I wonder if anyone knows the answer

I have a mobile on cotract, i asked for a £75 call limit per month

We went on safari in africa and I used my phone to call home but thought I would stop when the call limit kicked in.

Anyway, I got home and my next bill had call charges to £720.

I argueed and they said Blah Blah Blah, I disputed the amount but carried on paying my bills, minus the call charges why they found out what had happened, then I sought legal advise as whats the point of a call limit if not applied.

Now my solicitor said it was a grey area after seeking advice so I agreed to pay. What I did not know was while I was still paying my current amount, CPW where putting 1,2,3 4 on my account as this bill was still outstanding.

I paid the bill when I got the advice for my solicitor. However, on my file it says default/delinquent amount £800+ even thought I paid all the bill and neer had any notices etc etc. It does say S as the last thing on this file but there is something in the Default/deliquent area

Status Credit Limit Date Updated Start Date Date Last Delinquent Date Satisfied Default Date Default / Delinquent Balance

Settled £ 0 19/02/2006 04/09/2004 12/05 16/01/2006 £ 846

Payment History See Key of Payment History

Most Recent Status: Previous History:

Whatever I post is my opinion and should be taken as such, an opinion. While it is what I believe and is offered in good faith, it should not be taken as a statement of truth

• 4 weeks later...

*bump*

Whatever I post is my opinion and should be taken as such, an opinion. While it is what I believe and is offered in good faith, it should not be taken as a statement of truth

• 3 years later...

I feel really upset. Today I just got a Black Berry phone from Carphone Warehouse. It's on contract.

I was first declined a contract, but after providing more solid identification, they referred it to a human-being at T-Mobile, who agreed and said "YES" to me having a contract phone.

At Carphone Warehouse, they told me that my phone's features will not be working for at least a couple of hours and that it will activate later in the day... (but I think they said that this could take up to 48 hours).

So I waited but then decided to ring T-Mobile.

It was a shock to hear a man speaking on behalf of T-Mobile, say that he couldn't understand how I was given the phone and that due to my credit history... It's impossible for me to have one (Even though I already have a contract with T-Mobile). He told me that I must return the phone to the shop... and that he doesn't know how they gave me one.

I rang again... Just to be sure... and spoke with someone, and they said that the phone isn't registered and that I need to take it back in to the shop to have them register it for me.

Now I'm confused and don't know what's going on. Tomorrow I will take it back to the shop... But does anyone here know of a similar experience? Are they going to take the phone back off me?

I mean... There is a contract... Isn't Carphone Warehouse breaking the contract if they take it back off me?

I've just paid up front and in full... The first year's insurance for the phone...

They've also just cut it off and I have this on the top of the screen "SIM not provisioned:2"... And "SOS" in the top right corner where the reception bars are.

Have Carphone Warehouse broken the contract if they take the phone away and then tell me I'm not entitled to a phone??

Can someone please help me out with some information?

Many Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

YOU CAN KEEP THE PHONE AS TMOBILE WILL HAVE NO RECORDS OR UR ACCOUNT , CPW SHOULD NOT OF GIVEN U THE PHONE AND THE BROKE AGREEMENT WITH U . CONTACT THE INSURNCE and ask for a refund just say u dont need it any more ,,,hope u have not given it back just get another sim as its unlocked it will work

• 8 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/08/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

doubts.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5043 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks